It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bombs UN school and civilian shelter, kills 15 and injures 200

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
a reply to: Snarl
it doesn't matter the Israelis broke international law by bombing a UN designated emergency zone, and trying to kill humanitarian aid workers.
They are killing indiscriminately now.

Sorry bro, as ... it ... should ... be.

I know Exactly how wars are won and lost. #1 Strategy: Ignore the whiners. #2 Kill enough of them and they'll stop fighting (stolen from GEN Curtis LeMay).

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It doesnt matter, international law was broken and they bombed an emergency aid zone, that had been designated by the UN in communication with the IDF. they were trying to organize a withdrawal and were bombed.
this is a war crime, squirm all you like. killing children when your trying to play the good guy doesnt buy brownie points, the tide is turning.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
again bro, Israel is losing the public relations battle bro, even Ho chi minh won that when America got slammed for killing innocent people,

edit on 24-7-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

Source

Nuff said? Case closed.

CE ... love ya like a brother. Truth is ... Hamas is guilty. Jury's out on the UN schools.

Thank you for the link, I was unaware of that particular incident.

In today's incident - if there were in fact missiles being stored in that UN school then the IDF, the brave war criminals that they are, should have gone in and diffused the situation by taking the missiles (if they were in fact there). It's not like the children, teachers and the rest of the refugees were going to ambush them. I thought the whole point of this ground offensive was to "Disable Hamas" not kill innocents.

Judging from what I have seen so far killing innocents is a small price to pay in order to achieve their goal of defeating a potential Hamas threat that cannot be proven.

They should have gone into the school and taken the missiles.
(If there were in fact missiles)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

#2 Kill enough of them civilians and they'll stop fighting

Dude, hope you don't mind, I fixed that for ya.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

originally posted by: Snarl

Source

Nuff said? Case closed.

CE ... love ya like a brother. Truth is ... Hamas is guilty. Jury's out on the UN schools.

Thank you for the link, I was unaware of that particular incident.

In today's incident - if there were in fact missiles being stored in that UN school then the IDF, the brave war criminals that they are, should have gone in and diffused the situation by taking the missiles (if they were in fact there). It's not like the children, teachers and the rest of the refugees were going to ambush them. I thought the whole point of this ground offensive was to "Disable Hamas" not kill innocents.

Judging from what I have seen so far killing innocents is a small price to pay in order to achieve their goal of defeating a potential Hamas threat that cannot be proven.

They should have gone into the school and taken the missiles.
(If there were in fact missiles)

That is the problem. They have found them before, told the UN about it and the UN handed them back to Hamas. Why would Israel trust the UN anymore?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
There is also this statement from the last article I linked that shows the path of possession.

Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said in a statement late Wednesday that he was appalled to hear reports of the stockpiling of rockets in U.N. facilities. He called on the U.N. to launch an immediate independent investigation.

"Even more alarming were reports that in the first case, officials with the United Nations returned these weapons to Hamas, a listed terrorist organization, once Israeli officials discovered their location," he said.

Source

So the weapons were found by Israeli forces, Israel told the UN to handle them, the UN handed them over to Hamas.

Even more alarming were reports...

Which reports Dishonorable John Baird?

There is no proof that the UN gave those missiles "back to Hamas".

Don't believe it just because John Baird said it...

John Baird is a proven liar both domestically and internationally. He has lied for Israel many times, as he lies to us Canadians on a daily basis.

He was cheering for Israel when they killed those 4 kids on the beach.

He also bragged about his dinner with Henry Kissinger 6 weeks ago.

He is a war-monger puppet - check out his Twitter, FB, and all his other social pages.

He supports Israel more than Canada - damned shame if you ask me since he serves me not Israel.

I expect John McCain to come out with similar announcements standing in solidarity with Israel for today's massacre as he always does.

"Israel has the right to indiscriminately kill innocent civilians"

edit on 7/24/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
again bro, Israel is losing the public relations battle bro, even Ho chi minh won that when America got slammed for killing innocent people,

No |my friend| only in your mind.

Israel maintains the high ground. Ho Chi Min was the 'bad guy" who was the geographical heavy weight. Listen to 'the people' and you will hear their word. Must be careful ... it's not always the voice the media ... or the government ... who tells you what you should hear.

link   

I read the original article and noticed the UN itself couldn't confirm or comment as to the fighting approaching the school area before it was struck. It seems to be a distinct possibility that Hamas fighters were active in the area and could have actually drawn fire onto themselves and shelter at the same time?

Why would anyone assume an Israeli ground force could just drop into very dense and extremely hostile city to simply arrest and confiscate weapons as though it was a US drug raid or something?

Anyone inside Hamas that wasn't already in that area would be headed there at full speed with the first word that Israel dropped a fighting team into that snake pit to be cut off and obliterated.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his"
-George S Patton

It is what it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don't take his word for it. I can read between the lines. The missiles they found and turned over are reported by the UN as being missing now. Not really a leap to think they are back in the hands of the Hamas after being handed over to local authorities, which are controlled by Hamas. Most likely they are back at another school or house in the area. All they can do now is hope they find them again and that the original team that found them recorded any markings to identify these as the same missiles.

The U.N. secretary-general on Wednesday said he was "alarmed" to hear that rockets were placed in a U.N.-run school in Gaza and now "have gone missing," and he demanded a full review of such incidents.

A statement by the spokesman for Ban Ki-moon expressed the U.N. chief's "outrage and regret" at the placement of weapons at a site run by the global organization. The U.N. says that has happened at least twice so far in the current fighting.

"Those responsible are turning schools into potential military targets, and endangering the lives of innocent children," U.N. staff and anyone seeking shelter, the statement said.

The rockets had been placed at one of the schools run by the U.N. refugee agency for Palestinians, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in Gaza.

Once they were found, "in accordance with standard practice, UNRWA handed them over to the local authorities. Since then, they have gone missing," Ban's deputy spokesman, Farhan Haq, said in an e-mail Wednesday evening.

edit on 7/24/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Turner said he had no information that there was military activity around the school.

"This was an installation we were managing, that monitored [to ensure] that our neutrality was maintained.

"We always call on all parties to ensure that civilians are not harmed."

A witness who arrived at the Kamal Adwan hospital after the attack told Al Jazeera: "We were sitting in the school, because we were told it is safe.

"By God, there was not a single fighter, not a single shot was fired from the school. Why did they shoot at the school? Why? Can someone explain that to me? Why would they shell the school?"

m.aljazeera.com...

Dunno what's sicker the mother#ers that done this or the but brigade making excuses for them.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
There are no excuses for Israel.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
There are no excuses for Israel.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Without an ounce of proof? The reports state the UN itself made the announcement. Rockets have been found in schools there on more than one occasion. And guess what...the latest is that these rockets have suddenly gone missing....shocking right?

I asked for tangible truth for today's incident, not a few days ago.

Just because Hamas allegedly had weapons stored a few days ago does not justify today's massacre.

Where is the tangible proof that there were missiles there today?

As Buster has already provided witness statements, these were people running scared for their lives - not Hamas fighters. There is no tangible proof that the school had missiles which is why people keep referring to the other incident from a few days ago as if it justifies today's atrocity.

For me that is not good enough reason.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

Without an ounce of proof? The reports state the UN itself made the announcement. Rockets have been found in schools there on more than one occasion. And guess what...the latest is that these rockets have suddenly gone missing....shocking right?

I asked for tangible truth for today's incident, not a few days ago.

Just because Hamas allegedly had weapons stored a few days ago does not justify today's massacre.

Where is the tangible proof that there were missiles there today?

As Buster has already provided witness statements, these were people running scared for their lives - not Hamas fighters. There is no tangible proof that the school had missiles which is why people keep referring to the other incident from a few days ago as if it justifies today's atrocity.

For me that is not good enough reason.

Well if the school names would be reported in any story we could confirm this was the school that held the weapons. How may UN run schools are there in Beit Hanoun?

I don't think either side is right on this, but it has been shown over and over that this town is on the front lines since the Israeli bombing there in 2006....same town. Shouldn't take a genius to see that some of these people that are claiming shelter are militants as well. I can't imagine them saying "yeah we were shelling the crap out of Israel when this bomb hit us" Small towns like this that are run by militant groups have similar fates all over the place. Not saying it's right, but for the UN to have knowledge of the missiles in the area, Israeli forces being the ones that found the missiles and told the UN about them, and the UN now having no idea where the missiles are......that is a huge problem.

All we are doing is arguing from the points of view of reports we are reading anyways. Those quotes from Al Jazeera I am sure could be just as skewed and biased as any of the others. I am basing a lot of what I say on history there and what my common sense would tell me happened to these weapons.

Sure it was a couple days ago, but there were 20 missiles, and this is the 2nd time.....think they could have moved that far?

For all we know the people in Beit Hanoun still hold a huge grudge over the 2006 shelling and were helping fight the Israeli's.
edit on 7/24/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So using the logic displayed here, I can go into your house, murder you and your entire family, because I think your uncle may have hidden a gun somewhere in the house that he might use on me one day. And I'd be perfectly justified according to some of the posters here.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
So using the logic displayed here, I can go into your house, murder you and your entire family, because I think your uncle may have hidden a gun somewhere in the house that he might use on me one day. And I'd be perfectly justified according to some of the posters here.

Ummm.....no. It would be more like this:

My uncle had already killed a number of your relatives with said gun, went back to my house and a few others and hid bullets to kill more one day. But the people in the house claim they did not know about him coming in and hiding the bullets. When they found out he hid them there, they turned them over to his LEO brother who he was really still close with. When you inquired as to where the bullets were, the brother said he lost them. Of course me and my family could also be fond of our uncle so we may not come right out and tell you that we helped him, but we will surely scream bloody murder if you come try to kill us.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

And using your logic I should just sit here day after day letting you (Hamas) toss rockets on my house and do nothing about it?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Another war crime.. that Israel will get away with.

How can the Americans justifiably support this
disgrace of a country.

:Facepalm:

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join