It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bombs UN school and civilian shelter, kills 15 and injures 200

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

What's worse?

Storing missiles in hospitals/mosques, schools?

Or

Bombing mosques, schools, hospitals because there are missiles stored there?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle
Would this be the same school UN run school that Hamas Rockets where store in (reported in the news last week)?

Look they death toll of Non Combatants is never a good thing. However Hamas like to use human shields and will tell its people its OK to enter an area even if the Israelis have announced they are going to bomb it.

And the question has to be asked was Hamas firing rockets or conducting any Military related Activity in and around the School? If so its a legit target.

Please read my prior posts. There is no indication that this school was in possession of military equipment.

Also, Palestinians aren't retarded. They aren't going to listen to the orders of Hamas simply because they are in power. The human shield argument is also a weak one. Gaza is a severely dense area, and the bombings of populated areas always amounts to the deaths of civilians. You can't blame Hamas solely for using human shields when everyone basically lives on top of each other.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

What's worse?

Or

I believe i already answered that.

I would say the bombings, because it leads to the needless deaths and destruction, especially in such a location as Gaza. This is evident in this current war.

Yes, the storing of missiles in these areas is a bad thing, but Israel shouldn't be acting on locations with such a high civilian presence. If they wanted, they could have raided these locations with special forces. At least it would save the needless deaths of civilians. And in regards to this event, they could have at least allowed the civilians to evacuate, which they did not.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So is there any evidence that there is missiles at THIS school? If so there will be(forensic) evidence there now right?
Let's wait and see.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So you think the UN didn't actually know there were 20 rockets being housed at this school or that a second school had rockets as well? Kinda hard to overlook something like that I would think.

Did you overlook where your link says it handed over the missiles to local authorities? When means the rockets were no longer there so Israel had no reason to attack them. Like usual Israel had concentration of civilians they could kill and they went for it like they have done many times in the past.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Is it a war crime to hide/shelter missiles in schools, hospitals, mosques?

Yes, but there is no evidence suggesting that this school was in possession of missiles. Further yet, the IDF failed to provide a response when the UN called for an evacuation of the school. The point still stands that Israel bombed a civilian shelter of which witnesses stated had no fighters or military equipment.

I deplore the act of storing missiles in public areas, but i further deplore the act of causing the mass deaths of civilians in the bombings of crowded areas, all due to the fact that a site may or may not have bombs in it.

If it wasn't this school then I would be surprised. Missiles were found at a school in the same place, but there is no reporting on the name of the school that was bombed.

The Israel Defense Forces Nahal Brigade uncovered three underground rocket launchers loaded with medium-range Grad rockets, hidden on the grounds of an agricultural school in Beit Hanoun, Gaza, the IDF said.

On Monday, the IDF uploaded video recorded by the Nahal Brigade with a night-vision lens. The soldier in front of the camera said, “After clearing the school we are going to destroy the rockets.” Below the post, the IDF said, “Some of the launchers still had rockets in them and were ready to be be fired. Hamas has shot many rockets at Israel from this location.”

Source

edit on 7/24/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

What's worse?

Or

Do you even have to ask? The one that kills people is always worse.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So you think the UN didn't actually know there were 20 rockets being housed at this school or that a second school had rockets as well? Kinda hard to overlook something like that I would think.

Did you overlook where your link says it handed over the missiles to local authorities? When means the rockets were no longer there so Israel had no reason to attack them. Like usual Israel had concentration of civilians they could kill and they went for it like they have done many times in the past.

No I didn't overlook it. My links go on to say that the local authorities are Hamas controlled. The UN should have had a bomb disposal team come out to dismantle and destroy, unless the local police are in the habit of keeping missiles for personal protection I guess......

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Hamas is the one killing more people by hiding their arms among the civilians.
Wipe out Hamas is the only solution.

link   
Watch the video that is in the article it shows no proof that it was filmed at a school. When they mention the school instead of actually showing the school they just show a wall and some trees.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: daaskapital

Is it a war crime to hide/shelter missiles in schools, hospitals, mosques?

Yes, but there is no evidence suggesting that this school was in possession of missiles. Further yet, the IDF failed to provide a response when the UN called for an evacuation of the school. The point still stands that Israel bombed a civilian shelter of which witnesses stated had no fighters or military equipment.

I deplore the act of storing missiles in public areas, but i further deplore the act of causing the mass deaths of civilians in the bombings of crowded areas, all due to the fact that a site may or may not have bombs in it.

If it wasn't this school then I would be surprised. Missiles were found at a school in the same place, but there is no reporting on the name of the school that was bombed.

The Israel Defense Forces Nahal Brigade uncovered three underground rocket launchers loaded with medium-range Grad rockets, hidden on the grounds of an agricultural school in Beit Hanoun, Gaza, the IDF said.

On Monday, the IDF uploaded video recorded by the Nahal Brigade with a night-vision lens. The soldier in front of the camera said, “After clearing the school we are going to destroy the rockets.” Below the post, the IDF said, “Some of the launchers still had rockets in them and were ready to be be fired. Hamas has shot many rockets at Israel from this location.”

Source

Indeed, it is still unconfirmed. The article makes no note of the school being UN run.

That said, if it was the same school, they had already cleared it out. Why the need to bombard it, without letting civilians evacuate?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ranong
So is there any evidence that there is missiles at THIS school? If so there will be(forensic) evidence there now right?
Let's wait and see.

ahh would you like them to view the forensic evidence of the people the were murdered first, to kind of like see what delivery system was used, or you just dont care, kind of want to cover Israels ass,like

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So the bombs that Israel is dropping has nothing to do with killing the people. Unless the ordinance has been exploding on it's own then you can't say Hamas is the one doing the killing.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Your logic is flawed.

I believe Israel is the one dropping the bombs. That means, they are the ones responsible for the deaths of civilians.

Hamas may hide arms among civilian areas, but they aren't the ones pulling triggers on Palestinians. They aren't the one flying overhead and dropping bombs.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

But Hamas is forcing Israel's hand, keep kicking an animal eventually you are going to be attacked.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: buster2010

No I didn't overlook it. My links go on to say that the local authorities are Hamas controlled. The UN should have had a bomb disposal team come out to dismantle and destroy, unless the local police are in the habit of keeping missiles for personal protection I guess......

Let me explain this in a way that you can understand it. When they say they handed over the rockets that means the rockets were removed from that area and moved to another area. Israel had no excuse to attack that area anymore because the rockets were no longer there. Understand now?
edit on 24-7-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

LOL ridiculous, Hamas is using coward tactics, Hamas is only doing this because they thought it would keep Israel from destroying them. For an organization do this is just as bad as one to blow it up. They are equally disgusting. The whole Middle east needs to be wiped out.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

But Hamas is forcing Israel's hand, keep kicking an animal eventually you are going to be attacked.

Just because Israel wants to act like animals that is no reason to bomb a school. They should go in on foot and remove them if they are such a threat to Israel. I forgot a Israeli might get killed doing this so it's better to bomb.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What's worse?

Or

'

This is a no brainer. Bombing is worse.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You know what?

I actually can't believe that people are on here, providing excuses for Israel's killings of Palestinian civilians. It is utterly disgusting.

Both sides are committing war crimes, but to excuse the crimes of Israel because they claim specific sites may or may not have bombs is just ridiculous. The fact is, there are close to 800 Palestinians killed in this conflict. The vast majority being civilians. Yet the majority of you have no problem making excuses for Israel's murdering of your fellow human beings.

To store bombs in a crowded area is deplorable. To bomb civilians shelters and other prominent public places is absolutely disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join