It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research: Possibility that Wind Turbine Farms, Solar Panel farms, and Large Green Projects to Genera

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I don't care who funds it. I don't care if some guy works as a prostitute and comes up with it in his basement. I don't care if it's some trust-funded cousin of a billionaire.

Let's skip the evil PTB bit, and just give me one viable solution.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's kind of hard for me to answer as all the knowledge i have on this is what you just presented for me in this thread, which is interesting but not enough for me to come up with anything usefull.

If there is a connection it should be taken into consideration and be studied some more, but people are some weird beings and will most likely just continue with their doing until it's too late and then start pointing fingers at each other and play innocent.

As a poster above said, "it doesn't matter what type of energy we choose, it will always be bad for nature because of the huge amount of energy needed and space required ", it's pest or cholera for nature and in the end our self.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Well, I could point out to you the fact that there are many blogs, and articles in which many people have reported a lot of negative side effects from "alternative energy projects" such as wind turbine farms that were claimed to not cause any problems. Meanwhile the people who are there, close to those wind farms say the opposite of those claims made by such websites as the one you linked to.

While I can't link to the blogs, here is one of the many examples that points out how the "interests" of wind turbine companies, and agencies that would benefit from green projects such as wind turbines lie and hide, or try to hide the truth.

Birds killed by wind turbines
- Pictures –

“Jorge”, the last Great Bustard of the province of Cadiz.

Mortally wounded by a turbine, he flew a kilometer or so, then collapsed.

Ornithologists, who protect the wind industry at all costs in the hope to land a monitoring contract, pretended Jorge hit an overhead cable.

savetheeagles.wordpress.com...

Did you also miss the excerpt I posted on the first page about the intentional, under reported cases of bird deaths by wind turbine farms? I mean, it is on the first page after all...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I'm listening to the sound of 'renewable' water heating right now. Our misguided landlord has installed an air source heat pump. The noise is unbearable. Within two days of installation we had finalised our decision to move. Not only is it extremely noisy, it's off-gassing to the extent that it can be smelt from several yards away. The electricity to run it of course comes from the grid. Should it be possible to run it entirely from 'renewable' electricity I am now aware that the negative effects from the generation of that electricity possibly include the electromagnetic disruption of other life.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Use less. Much less.
Many of us here did that in the eighties. We were fined, bulldozed and otherwise tormented. You can't skip it when it's been right in your face like that.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yeah you are right, and I feel your pain. There have been similar reports of the negative effects, which were claimed that did not exist by interested parties, yet people living in those areas are reporting the opposite. That not only do negative effects exist, but that they are unbearable.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Plugin

Well, I could point out to you the fact that there are many blogs, and articles in which many people have reported a lot of negative side effects from "alternative energy projects" such as wind turbine farms that were claimed to not cause any problems. Meanwhile the people who are there, close to those wind farms say the opposite of those claims made by such websites as the one you linked to.

While I can't link to the blogs, here is one of the many examples that points out how the "interests" of wind turbine companies, and agencies that would benefit from green projects such as wind turbines lie and hide, or try to hide the truth.

Birds killed by wind turbines
- Pictures –

“Jorge”, the last Great Bustard of the province of Cadiz.

Mortally wounded by a turbine, he flew a kilometer or so, then collapsed.

Ornithologists, who protect the wind industry at all costs in the hope to land a monitoring contract, pretended Jorge hit an overhead cable.

savetheeagles.wordpress.com...

Did you also miss the excerpt I posted on the first page about the intentional, under reported cases of bird deaths by wind turbine farms? I mean, it is on the first page after all...

I have seen many windturbines up close and never saw a dead bird laying arround it, sure you could find some if you do your best.
I guess it's the same ''research'''who want to fight human caused climate change, in fact in your pdf it mentioned ''climate change allot. I bet they/he doesn't believe in human caused climate change either and there is probaly his problem with these ''green projects''.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Good post electric universe, major problems hear in Australia with people being disturbed by wind farms. Often it is noise created by the blades which in turn becomes an electromagnetic disturbance due to the electrons in the air being cavitated by the ultra low frequencies, similar as to what occurs from the blades of a submarine.
Often a company will position the blades to make more noise so the locals will sell up and they can get the rest of the land they want to put more turbines in then change the blade position, ahh human nature at it's worst.

You must also consider the amount of iron ore changes that have occurred since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

Our present culture is based on control and control to be effective must exploit the environment for its advantage which in turn disadvantages the present environment. The fact that its the ONLY environment that sustains human life in our solar system is justifiably denied by those in the pursuit of more short term control.

Lucky for humans we have been creative enough to fix the problems we make for ourselves, this in turn drives the economy, problem, solution, problem, solution.

This is also what the yin and yang symbol can represent, for every solution there is also a problem within it, and for every problem a solution can be found within it.....

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
all of these 'connections' can be attributed to cell-towers imo.

rf emissions

Except for the fact that cell towers have existed for a long time, even within city limits and there were no massive deaths of birds. Cell-towers can disorient birds, but not kill them in the way we have seen in the amounts that they started dying.

Two things have been happening in the pasts few years which coincided with the strange deaths of birds, and the disappearance of bees in certain regions.

First, we have been observing very large and sudden breaches in Earth's magnetic field.

Dec. 16, 2008: NASA's five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a breach in Earth's magnetic field ten times larger than anything previously thought to exist. Solar wind can flow in through the opening to "load up" the magnetosphere for powerful geomagnetic storms. But the breach itself is not the biggest surprise. Researchers are even more amazed at the strange and unexpected way it forms, overturning long-held ideas of space physics.

"At first I didn't believe it," says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This finding fundamentally alters our understanding of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction."

The magnetosphere is a bubble of magnetism that surrounds Earth and protects us from solar wind. Exploring the bubble is a key goal of the THEMIS mission, launched in February 2007. The big discovery came on June 3, 2007, when the five probes serendipitously flew through the breach just as it was opening. Onboard sensors recorded a torrent of solar wind particles streaming into the magnetosphere, signaling an event of unexpected size and importance.

science.nasa.gov...

Although, as the article obviously points out the Themis mission was only launched in 2007, but we know that the Earth's magnetic field has been weakening at exponential levels. We also know of other events that would point what factors have a bigger impact on animals and insects that use magnetoreception and electroreception.

The concept behind cell phones has existed since at least the early 1900s, but it wasn't until the 1940s that some cell phone use started to appeal. Although back then there were only about 5,000 cell phone users because of limitations in frequencies and the technology in general wasn't advanced enough to be more widely used. As cell phone technology was improving they began to be more widely used in the 80s and 90s.

Despite the fact that cell phone towers have been around for decades we weren't seeing the strange occurrences of mass bird deaths, or honeybee disappearances. Even today if the mass deaths of birds, and disappearances of honeybees were caused by cell phone towers the mass deaths in cities would have increased to levels that no one could miss. Yet that has not happened. Yes there have been instances when some mass death of birds occurred within city limits, but they are rare.

There is no doubt that cell phone towers, and cell phones cause negative health effects on humans and animals as well, but if they were the cause behind the mass deaths that we have seen in the past years, they would happen more often.

Apart from what I mentioned above, and the health problems mentioned by other members who have experienced what it is living close to large wind turbine farms, there are other problems caused by them. Large wind turbines are able to generate not only low frequency sounds, but also infrasound which can be very hazardous to human health.

I can't posts excerpts from the website of a professor at the Washington University School of Medicine St. Louis, MO, who has been researching this subject because I would need more time to ask him permission to do so. Instead I will post a link to his website.

oto2.wustl.edu...

His name is Alec N. Salt, Ph.D. in Cochlear Physiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK. He has a lot of good information on the subject of low frequency sounds and infrasound that large wind turbines generate. You can also find links in his website to several presentations he has done on this subject.

Here is a link with more info on professor Salt.
oto.wustl.edu...

Understanding the above is a big step in understanding some of the many problems that people have been complaining about, not just from a large wind turbine, but rather the health problems caused by being on the vicinity of large wind turbine farms.

Anyway, we also know that wind turbines generate a lot of energy, a lot more energy than cell phone towers. Recently we have found a strange phenomenon that occurs with wind turbines producing upside down lightning. Yep, you read it right, upside down lightning.

Normally lightning is produced by a negative downward leader which is the name given to a channel of negatively charged plasma. The negative charge in a storm cloud meets the positive charge from a building, or other tall object. When the negative charge gets near a tall object it induces a positive upward leader forming a connection between the downward leader and the upward leader and this connection forms a current.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

However, wind turbines generate a positive upward leader in the absence of a negative downward leader from a storm cloud and you get upside down lightning.

Here is a video of this phenomenon from the Scientific American link I posted above. However, the video from the Scientific American link is slower than the one I will link below from youtube.

BTW, you don't see the blades of the wind turbines move because the video only covers what is happening within 150 milliseconds.

So, you see, wind turbines generate a lot more power than what we actually use from them, and this power alongside with the low frequency sounds and infrasound generated by the wind turbine farms is what is causing all the negative health problems to people.

Knowing these real problems a lot of people are experiencing from wind turbines, which surpasses the negative effects normally felt by people from cell phones and cell phone towers, can you imagine the problems being caused to birds and insects that have the ability to use magnetoreception and, or electroreception?

edit on 23-7-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct errors and add comments.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here is another research paper I found on the negative health effects on people caused by the low frequency sounds and infrasound generated by wind turbine farms.

Wind Turbines and Ghost Stories: The Effects of Infrasound on the Human Auditory System
Hsuan-hsiu Annie Chen1 and Peter Narins, UCLA2,3
1Neuroscience Undergraduate Program, 695 Charles Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095 USA
2Departments of Integrative Biology & Physiology, and 3Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, 621 Charles E. Young Drive S., Los Angeles, CA 90095-1606 USA

Introduction
Climate change and fossil fuel depletion have pushed many countries to seek and invest in alternative clean energy sources, such as wind energy. By converting kinetic energy from the wind into mechanical or electrical energy, wind farms in California, for example, power nearly 850,000 households each year, while producing negligible green house gases and contributing little to water pollution1 (see Fig. 1). Nevertheless, several ecological and environmental concerns remain.

High levels of infrasound and low frequency sounds generated by wind turbines pose a potentially serious threat to communities near wind farms. Wind energy companies remain largely dismissive, claiming that wind turbine noise is subaudible, undetectable by humans, and therefore presents minimal risk to human health. However, various cochlear microphonic, distortion product otoacoustic emission, and fMRI studies have demonstrated the detection of infrasound by the human inner ear and auditory cortex. Additional psychosomatic stress and disorders, including the “wind turbine syndrome” and paranormal experiences, are also linked to infrasound exposures.2,3 With wind turbines generating substantial levels of infrasound and low frequency sound, modifications and regulations to wind farm engineering plans and geographical placements are necessary to minimize community exposure and potential human health risks.

www.library.ucla.edu...

BTW, I do wonder if maybe, just maybe the strange sounds that have been heard around the world from the skies could be caused by an interaction between the low frequency sounds and infrasound generated by wind turbine farms and the rapid changes occurring to Earth's magnetic field.

We know that wind turbines interact frequently with storm clouds generating upside down lightning. There could be other interactions occurring between the low frequency sounds and infrasound being generated by turbine farms being amplified by the rapid changes occurring to Earth's magnetic field. I am not saying I know 100%, but can't help but wonder.

edit on 23-7-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Submitted comment linking this thread onto the Scientific American article but not showing yet.

This thread is fascinating. I feel that the fake green energy is designed to make life unbearable. Given that we are frequently told 'they' are decades ahead of us in technology the upside down lightning and all the rest of it may be deliberate.

In my local town we have this joker. en.wikipedia.org... Someone who had direct contact with him told me his idea of success is to be able to afford the best quality ocaine. The honourable individual who set him up with the yard security job that led to his wind turbine career says Dale won't even acknowledge him now. I'm told his mind was twisted after his experience at this mess. en.wikipedia.org... I've covered The Beanfield here. www.abovetopsecret.com... It was a funny old business and must have led to many changes in outlook.

A few weeks ago I was poking around in a skip outside the Ecotricity offices when I noticed a CCTV camera panning across to catch me in the act of recycling rubbish. I shouted a few choice phrases, I hope it had a microphone. More recently I saw a fancy car with personalised plates driving out as I cycled past. It's all par for the course.

Someone who did maintenance on Dale's first big turbine told me it could be controlled by cellphone from Germany. He said if the turbine experienced a problem it could automatically ring the controller and tell him what the problem was. The controller could then remotely reset the turbine by telephone. He told me this while standing in front of the communications box at the base of the turbine as he worked on it. Seems legit.

Therefore, could entire wind farms be hacked and made to destroy themselves in a storm? Seems likely.

edit on 24 7 2014 by Kester because: addition

edit on 24 7 2014 by Kester because: addition

edit on 24 7 2014 by Kester because: condense

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

No. Nothing in that study is remotely scientific. It is pseudoscience put out there in an attempt to make 'green' alternative sources of energy sound bad. Propaganda!

Furthermore your posts(not just this thread) are consistent of a science denialist.

The fact is we need to stop burning fossil fuels. As a result of our addiction to oil, CO2 in the atmosphere is rising fast. Currently we are at 400ppm, a 40% rise since the industrial revolution.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If we have suppressed energy technologies, it's for our own good. I know nobody wants to hear that, but look how much problem alphabet agencies are having trying to keep the lid on pandora's box as is? There's too many unknowns already in today's complex world. Having a game changer like near free, cheap, lightweight incredible energy sources could be the end of our species in a rather short period of time. Use your imagination. Not that difficult to build up situations regarding this. If your average man could harness nuclear energy, do you think we'd still be here? Now you're talking about something that is superior, has less limitations... perhaps you could hold this energy device in your hands, walk around, and just be a powerhouse... and that's okay? No way.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

This thread is fascinating. I feel that the fake green energy is designed to make life unbearable. Given that we are frequently told 'they' are decades ahead of us in technology the upside down lightning and all the rest of it may be deliberate.

Wow, just wow. Please deny ignorance. It deeply saddens me that my beloved ATS has so many that are pushing the Idiocracy agenda.

Green energy is NOT designed to make life unbearable. Anyone who says otherwise is either pushing an agenda or extremely ignorant.

Hopefully others who are aware can see what is going on in this thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
Nothing green about factory made high tech junk.

Use less.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I have vast amounts of personal experience. Do you?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I am sure you do...with the oligarchy who wants to keep exploiting this planet for her precocious resources until there is nothing left to exploit.

Fracking for one, destroys the local aquifer and causes minor earthquakes. That is a stupid way to 'make' energy.

I am a conservative. That is, I want to conserve the environment. There are alternative energies that have been repressed. I have the ability to built my own to some capacity. I have no money so my resources are extremely limited. Give me a little time and money and I'll be in business.
edit on 24-7-2014 by jrod because: cyberwar

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

My experience of 'renewables' is horrendous. As a result of this I have concluded that the whole fake 'renewable' scam is part of the insane depopulation programme that is underway worldwide. The wholesale disruption of sensitive, natural navigation systems could be deliberate. I applaud you for bringing attention to this subject.

Cell phone towers????

Wifi????

All the wireless communication we are doing is likely what is responsible here. Insane that someone would go that low and try to blame green technology on the fall of bees and other creatures.

Round-up is also another factor in the bee decline.
edit on 24-7-2014 by jrod because: nature

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Another research paper on the fact that wind turbines have many detrimental effects on the health of people by Michael A. Pesinger.

Pesinger is researcher of Behavioural Neuroscience and Biomolecular Sciences Programs, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6, Canada.

Nat Hazards (2014) 70:501–525
DOI 10.1007/s11069-013-0827-3

Infrasound, human health, and adaptation:
an integrative overview of recondite hazards in a complex
environment
Michael A. Persinger

Received: 8 June 2013 / Accepted: 6 August 2013 / Published online: 12 September 2013
 The Author(s) 2013. This article is published with open access at Springerlink.com

Abstract Infrasound displays a special capacity to affect human health and adaptation because its frequencies and amplitudes converge with those generated by the human body. Muscle sounds and whole-body vibrations are predominately within the 5- to 40-Hz range.
The typical amplitudes of the oscillations are within 1–50 lm, which is equivalent to the pressures of about 1 Pa and energies in the order of 10-11 W m-2. Infrasound sources from the natural environment originate from winds, microbaroms, geomagnetic activity, and microseisms
and can propagate for millions of meters. Cultural sources originate from air moving through duct systems within buildings, large machinery, and more recently, wind turbines. There are also unknown sources of infrasound. It is important to differentiate the effects of infrasound from the awareness or experience of its presence. Moderate strength correlations occur between the incidences of infrasound and reports of nausea, malaise, fatigue, aversion to the area, non-specific pain, and sleep disturbances when pressure levels exceed about 50 db for protracted periods. Experimental studies have verified these effects.

Their validity is supported by convergent quantitative biophysical solutions. Because cells interact through the exchange of minute quanta of energy that corresponds with remarkably low levels of sound pressure produced by natural phenomena and wind turbines upon the body
and its cavities, traditional standards for safety and quality of living might not be optimal.

Keywords Infrasound  Individual differences  Quantitative calculations  Natural
sources  Man-made sources  Muscle sounds  Resonance interactions

download.springer.com...

I have presented some of the research work that shows why wind turbines have negative health effects on people because it is corroborating evidence of the complains many people have made about wind turbine farms. Animals and insects are more susceptible to have many negative effects from wind turbines because of their biological abilities of electroreception and, or magnetoreception.

The following is a research paper which shows other anthropogenic sources of infrasound, specifically infrasonic (low-frequency acoustic), which have caused disruption on the navigation of homing pigeons during races in Europe and the northeastern USA.

PERSPECTIVE INFRASOUND AND THE AVIAN NAVIGATIONAL MAP
JONATHAN T. HAGSTRUM*
US Geological Survey, Menlo Park, 345 Middlefield Road, MS 937, CA 94025, USA
*e-mail: [email protected]
Accepted 27 January; published on WWW 9 March 2000

Birds can navigate accurately over hundreds to thousands of kilometres, and this ability of homing pigeons is the basis for a worldwide sport. Compass senses orient avian flight, but how birds determine their location in order to select the correct homeward bearing (map sense) remains a mystery. Also mysterious are rare disruptions of pigeon races in which most birds are substantially delayed and large numbers are lost. Here, it is shown that in four recent pigeon races in Europe and the northeastern USA the birds encountered infrasonic (low-frequency acoustic) shock waves from the Concorde supersonic transport. An acoustic avian map is proposed that consists of infrasonic cues radiated from steep-sided topographic features; the source of these signals is microseisms continuously generated by interfering oceanic waves. Atmospheric processes affecting these infrasonic map cues can explain perplexing experimental results from pigeon releases.

jeb.biologists.org...

edit on 24-7-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: to correct link problems

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Thank you, and you are right. I have found reports from all over the world where wind turbines have been built close to people and many are suffering the negative effects from wind turbines.

There is actually a syndrome named "wind turbine syndrome" because there are a lot of people who are really suffering from the negative effects, which are many.

Doctors have done research on this subject such as Nina Pierpont M.D,. Ph.D

Wind energy is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. It’s billed as “clean, green, renewable.” In this engagingly written, peer-reviewed report by a Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine-trained M.D. and Princeton (Population Biology) Ph.D., we discover wind energy’s dirty little secret.

Many people living within 2 km (1.25 miles) of these spinning giants get sick. So sick that they often abandon (as in, lock the door and leave) their homes. Nobody wants to buy their acoustically toxic homes. The “lucky ones” get quietly bought out by the wind developers—who steadfastly refuse to acknowledge that Wind Turbine Syndrome exists. (And yet the wind developers thoughtfully include a confidentiality clause in the sales agreement, forbidding their victim from discussing the matter further.)

Dr. Nina Pierpont explains in simple, layman’s terms how turbine infrasound and low frequency noise (ILFN) create the seemingly incongruous constellation of symptoms she has christened Wind Turbine Syndrome. (Incongruous only to the non-clinician who does not understand Mother Nature’s organs of balance, motion, and position sense.) For the high level clinician, Pierpont provides a parallel chapter written in sophisticated medical language and format, complete with voluminous, up-to-date clinical and scientific references.

www.windturbinesyndrome.com...

Apart from the negative effects on humans wind (turbine) farms do affect the migratory patterns of animals, including many species of birds. Not to mention the plans to build fleets of these massive wind turbine farms on our oceans which will affect the migratory pattern of fish, mammals like whales, dolphins, etc.

The wind turbine industry, as well as other industries need to take these problems seriously, otherwise the effects would be catastrophic. One large wind turbine does have "some" effects on many species, but when you are talking about farms covering miles of distance in the oceans the negative effects on marine life would be exponentially higher.

edit on 24-7-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct error and add comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join