It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten-year-old 'raped for revenge on orders of village chief in India'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Thanks for those, I did a quick search before making my OP and I did see some of these. It certainly shows that there is a culture towards this side of things.

Very sad.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yep, there is something seriously wrong with all of this.

The vedic saying you mentioned reminds me of "happy wife, happy life"...there has to be a balance and from what I can see around the world, we are so far out of balance it's going to take some monumental cataclysm to reset everything.

sigh...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yes disgusting. But borrow a Tardis, go back 600 years to any European country and the same thing is happening.

The only difference is time and the fact that people in the west grew up and rejected this behaviour. They are NOT "backward" in India but "behind the times".

That said, it is incumbent on our leaders to show their utter disgust at this kind of thing and haul the ambassador of India into No.10 or the Oval office, empty the room, shut the door and give them hell.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Seriously??? Or are you completely insane?

This is what you were taught? Thats this is the culture and custom of India?? That in the culture of India this makes sense??

Please, do not slander without knowing or understanding anything about a country, be it India or any part of the globe.

You demonstrate your ignorance and a typical holier than thou attitude which is quite sickening.

I have lived in India for 10 years now and love this place. India is trying to deal with her problems...the anger and protests and outpouring of grief over Nirbhaya were country wide ( look it up).

But AMERICA is WORSE!!!!

Considering that it is more civilized', is not a third world country, has lesser population than India, has efficient and less corrupt politicians and lawmakers and administrators and has the education and awareness and funding to deal with this and yet

A Du Pont family heir who raped his 3-year-old daughter
A Miss USA who is the product of a rape
Child rape case leaves mysteries after horrifying discovery in suspect's home - more than 50,000 images, 56 tapes (one rape each) the youngest victim 10 years old.

FBI 2011 report

About 293,000 U.S. children are at risk of being exploited and trafficked for sex
Most are girls ages 12 to 14
Across the United States, there are child sex markets not terribly dissimilar to those in Cambodia, Thailand and India.
Girls are raped and sold in US with the same disregard for human dignity, and they are often tortured in the same ways when they try to escape.

I have a daughter who is just 8....and this makes me sick to the core as well. But, I would draw a line on slander, specially being completely unaware of a country or its culture.

originally posted by: kdyam
I am surprised that you are surprised!! 20 years ago in high school (public school) we were taught that this was the culture and custom of India. It doesn't make it right in our minds... but in their culture it makes sense.

I do know that if I was there on vacation, or lived there legally and someone tried to do this to my family I would go good bad and ugly on them.

This sickens me as a father of 3 girls and a boy, there would be retribution.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cruff

Cant agree with you more.....feel the same way or even angrier.

Rape has been used to demean the victim and people associated....as an instrument of 'power' all over the world, psychologically speaking.

I am in a position to understand what is happening here in India, having lived over here for over 10 years now. India has her own problems and she is dealing with them the best way that she can.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charismagic

This is what you were taught? Thats this is the culture and custom of India?? That in the culture of India this makes sense??

Please, do not slander without knowing or understanding anything about a country, be it India or any part of the globe.

You demonstrate your ignorance and a typical holier than thou attitude which is quite sickening.

I have lived in India for 10 years now and love this place. India is trying to deal with her problems...the anger and protests and outpouring of grief over Nirbhaya were country wide ( look it up).

But AMERICA is WORSE!!!!

Considering that it is more civilized', is not a third world country, has lesser population than India, has efficient and less corrupt politicians and lawmakers and administrators and has the education and awareness and funding to deal with this and yet

Child rape case leaves mysteries after horrifying discovery in suspect's home - more than 50,000 images, 56 tapes (one rape each) the youngest victim 10 years old.

FBI 2011 report

About 293,000 U.S. children are at risk of being exploited and trafficked for sex
Across the United States, there are child sex markets not terribly dissimilar to those in Cambodia, Thailand and India.
Girls are raped and sold in US with the same disregard for human dignity, and they are often tortured in the same ways when they try to escape.

I have a daughter who is just 8....and this makes me sick to the core as well. But, I would draw a line on slander, specially being completely unaware of a country or its culture.

I am surprised that you are surprised!! 20 years ago in high school (public school) we were taught that this was the culture and custom of India. It doesn't make it right in our minds... but in their culture it makes sense.

I do know that if I was there on vacation, or lived there legally and someone tried to do this to my family I would go good bad and ugly on them.

--
PFFFF Whatever, don't be trying to paint a pretty picture on India and then turn around and point the finger at the US.

India is very well known for its terrible cases of rape and views on women.

A woman here in the states have vast opportunities then in India.

So you listed a few cases? compared to india, overshadowed....DWARFED.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: Cruff

WOW!! I hate india and similar countries and all its people!!

Disgusting vile dirty people. I do hope they as a nation are dealt with in the coming wars!!! They bring their "culture" to the west and its just gross!!

Rape of women and children is the lowest form of act!!

I understand the anger, not the stupidity or the abuse.

The US seems to be equally bad as per some FBI reports (worse, if you compare the countries and the infra and capabilities)

Du Pont family heir who raped his 3-year-old daughter

27.5% of college women reported experiences that met the legal criteria for rape

Between 100,000 and 300,000 children—primarily girls between the ages of 12 and 14—are victims of rape and the sex trade right here in the United States

In 2009, just eight cases were prosecuted in New York City, one of America’s primary hubs.

Across the United States, there are child sex markets not terribly dissimilar to those in Cambodia, Thailand and India - FBI report 2011

Whether India or similar countries are 'dealt' with or the illusionary 'civilized' world collapses economically is something we will all wait and see, but why don't you read something about the oh so civilized western culture?

That would make you a more disgusting vile and a dirty a####e, now wouldn't it, since you deem fit to tar everyone with the same brush??

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Charismagic

But AMERICA is WORSE!!!!

FBI 2011 report

--
PFFFF Whatever, don't be trying to paint a pretty picture on India and then turn around and point the finger at the US.

India is very well known for its terrible cases of rape and views on women.

A woman here in the states have vast opportunities then in India.

So you listed a few cases? compared to india, overshadowed....DWARFED.

A third world country, huge population, corruption, caste issues, less money to spend on infra and education, compared to
A first world country, high levels of education, infrastructure, systems and political machinery and yet

according to the FBI there are child sex markets similar to those in Cambodia, Thailand and India???

Another report for your consumption - Prosecutor: Man raped, abused 13 infants, children and videotaped attacks...The purported victims were as young as 8 days old.

DWARFED?? Really??
edit on 11-7-2014 by Charismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2014 by Charismagic because: Format change

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Charismagic
"ProjectBane" has a point, raping women and children is the lowest form of acts, one of many.

I can't blame him, yet you want us to believe that India is no different then the US, don't compare us to India, we prosecute with effectiveness and go after those havens of sex criminals.

As I already stated, you listed but a few cases, but that's not American mentality, ask any American or just watch from a distance, their is absolutely no indication that American Society condones that behaviour in any way.

India has a morally twisted mindset in such regards, I don't care if you lived their for a 100 years, it is what it is.

I lived in America for 30 years and I always, along with other people, would stop someone trying to sleep a date rape drug or trying to take advantage of a drunk female, if I was in India, nobody would help me, but join on in. disgusting.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes, DWARFED

I would post resources too, but India doesn't have a good track record of their criminal activities regarding Rape, in fact, I bet most cases are not even reported!!

What was the last one? India PM says rape accidental? OKAY, DUMB ME, ALL ACCIDENTS, OKAY MOVE ON, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!.
Give me a break and don't make me laugh.

Your right, it is not only a twisted country, but a 3rd world country....who spend more on statues then its own people.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Nope, not insane, nor am I blind to the fact that other countries have cultures and practices that we Americans find sickening and vice versa.

As far as India trying to deal with her problems (as you put it), they would have to completely change most of their culture and customs... which will never happen.. nor should it.

Unlike you bashing the US which was off topic (since none of what you said was ordered by a village elder in retribution for a supposed crime) I was not bashing India, just stating I wasn't surprised by what I was reading.

take offense for no reason much?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

"ProjectBane" has a point, raping women and children is the lowest form of acts, one of many.

I can't blame him, yet you want us to believe that India is no different then the US, don't compare us to India, we prosecute with effectiveness and go after those havens of sex criminals.

As I already stated, you listed but a few cases, but that's not American mentality, ask any American or just watch from a distance, their is absolutely no indication that American Society condones that behaviour in any way.

India has a morally twisted mindset in such regards, I don't care if you lived their for a 100 years, it is what it is.

I lived in America for 30 years and I always, along with other people, would stop someone trying to sleep a date rape drug or trying to take advantage of a drunk female, if I was in India, nobody would help me, but join on in. disgusting.

Why don't you wake up???? I mean, really??

we prosecute with effectiveness and go after those havens of sex criminals...absolutely no indication that American Society condones that behaviour in any way

In 2009, just eight cases were prosecuted in New York City, one of America’s primary hubs.

Unfortunately, girls (who are the rape victims) in these situations are not typically seen as child victims Instead, they are left to fend for themselves or treated as child offenders, funneled into the juvenile justice system for child prostitution or related charges.

For months, abc pleaded with her rapists: “I’m only 15. Can you please take me to a police station?” But none did. When she finally encountered police officers, they did not rescue her; they arrested her.

A small stats

55% of gang rapes on college campuses are committed by fraternities, 40% by sports teams, and 5% by others

And last year

Hacker Group Anonymous Leaks Chilling Video in Case of Steubenville Rape, Cover-Up

And all of a sudden you are an expert on India

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....or haven't you heard that???

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

So go ahead and post pal, and I will respond in kind...if thats what you want.

But make sure that you stay in a better glass house than you are in right now, specially when those houses have people raping 8 days olds....

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
---
Oh I'm awake...awoken to the filth of India.

You seriously need to chill out, this thread is about a rape in India, the country YOUR AN EXPERT ON...because, lol, you lived, lol, their for, lol, 10 years!, lol, a whole ten years, lmfao.

Instead of trying to paint a pretty picture on India, which uour doing a terrible job of, hows about you get off the computer and become an activist towards this situation?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What was the last one? India PM says rape accidental?

Really? Check your "facts".

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
--
I can post all day "Pal".

This a bullet proof glass house guy.

You want to say 8 days old? like that's a valid response to a 10 year getting raped, wow, you really are off the wall huh?

Your pretty much saying our rapes are worse then your rapes, thats your best, wow. Keep on truckin, your no better then those village elders.

You are now a village elder.

So what say you? village elder?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

Kydam, there was no US bashing. Thats irrelevant and off the grid.

The US today is a melting pot of different cultures from all over the world. As you rightly said, other countries have cultures and practices that you Americans find sickening and vice versa.

The problem is, in India, people seem to know much, much more about the US and are more tolerant, whereas in the US you only get to see a minuscule part of what the MSM shows you to improve its TRP or eyeballs or readership or whatever.

Since you are rational, let me ask you this. Is that the right benchmark for judging a country, its culture or vilifying every one who is from there or a similar country?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yo Arnie, post facts buddy boy....don't shoot your mouth off in the air.

Hell even the original Arnie would have been pissed if he knew what his namesake was upto!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

What was the last one? India PM says rape accidental?

Really? Check your "facts".

--
Oh!! it was in a moment kind of thing, I bank on ATS folks being smart to where they know what I mean, but since you want EXACT FIGURES, then I meant, someone from the PMs cabinet.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Please post some kind of confirmation of what you post, just saying things "55% of gang rapes on college campuses are committed by fraternities, 40% by sports teams, and 5% by others" without any real source means very little.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join