It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten-year-old 'raped for revenge on orders of village chief in India'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just saw this...

I didn't think the rape situations in India could get any worse but it seems that;

A) If you are a guy and you want to go and molest someone in their own home go for it
B) When you get beaten up trying to do "A" go and complain to your village elder
C) Get your reward - the rape of a completely innocent 10 year old girl

I don't have any plans in the future to go to India but the whole country can go to hell as far as i'm concerned until the people of that country remove all of these village elders/cops/politicians and anyone else that is allowing this sort of thing to go on unpunished.

I have seen a few documentaries (Ross Kemp comes to mind) about this and it shows that this practice is absolutely everywhere in India.... Whole areas (especially remote ones) have been afflicted with these sorts of scumbags raping and trafficking women (even toddlers!?!?!?!?) for a long time.

I have noticed an alarming increase in the disgusting attitudes towards women over the last few years especially from things like this down all the way to the language used to describe women..."My B*tch, my ho" etc etc etc. As a man, it disgusts me that other men (and I loathe to use that term in their case) can do this and get away with it.

I tell ya....there needs to be some serious vigilante justice of a massive order over there and MASSIVE education of boys to show them how to treat and respect women so this damn cycle can stop once and for all.

ARRRRRRRGH!!

au.news.yahoo.com...

I hope those people involved are set on fire....evil goddamn pieces of crap!!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Agree with you except for the retaliation part and setting someone on fire. They need to be removed from power, and all adults go to jail and the kids need counseling.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

That was just my anger speaking....but you are right.

They need to be put in jail forever and the entire culture towards women has to change...will never happen there sadly.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I was going to reply to your thread, but...

Words fail me, disgusting.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
These people test my attitude against capital punishment.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am surprised that you are surprised!! 20 years ago in high school (public school) we were taught that this was the culture and custom of India. It doesn't make it right in our minds... but in their culture it makes sense.

I do know that if I was there on vacation, or lived there legally and someone tried to do this to my family I would go good bad and ugly on them.

This sickens me as a father of 3 girls and a boy, there would be retribution.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

I've always known that the culture towards women there was extremely backwards but it wasn't until recently that I learned just how prevalent the culture of raping women of all ages is.

I've got a baby girl on the way so I can only imagine what it must be like for the child and the parents involved.

Absolutely disgusting of the highest magnitude.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cruff

I've posted similar threads:

Indian state minister says rapes happen "accidentally".

Another brutal gang rape and murder in India. Mother of victims brutally attacked.

This "practice" or subhuman attitude towards women, doesnt seem to be exclusive to any one group, Hindus or Moslems, almost as though its cultural.

That whole South West Asian area is in desperate need of "proper" education ie the Libertarian philosophy.

edit on 11-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
As I mentioned in a prior thread to these rapes in India, there's something culturally wrong that needs to be changed to stop this. Though for saying that I feel, from commentary in the thread, that I was accused of being racist. Not at all in fact I study the Vedas, really respect certain parts of the culture, the people, etc., and but am very sad and concerned for this to be happening in the culture. What happened here? - For example;

Throughout the many years of Vedic culture, women have always been given the highest level of respect and freedom, but also protection and safety. There is a Vedic saying, "Where women are worshiped, there the gods dwell." Or where the women are happy, there will be prosperity. In fact the direct quotes from the Manu-samhita explains as follows:

"Women must be honored and adorned by their fathers, brothers, husbands, and brothers‑in‑law, who desire their own welfare. Where women are honored, there the gods are pleased; but where they are not honored, no sacred rite yields rewards. Where the female relations live in grief, the family soon wholly perishes; but that family where they are not unhappy ever prospers. The houses on which female relations, not being duly honored, pronounce a curse, perish completely, as if destroyed by magic. Hence men who seek (their own) welfare, should always honor women on holidays and festivals with (gifts of) ornaments, clothes and (dainty) food." (Manu Smriti III.55-59)
Source

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cruff

C) Get your reward - the rape of a completely innocent 10 year old girl

I tell ya....there needs to be some serious vigilante justice of a massive order over there and MASSIVE education of boys to show them how to treat and respect women so this damn cycle can stop once and for all.

au.news.yahoo.com...

I hope those people involved are set on fire....evil goddamn pieces of crap!!

There has got to be more to this story than this. Surely the father didn't go along with this sentencing without some response. Due to forum rules I cannot specifically say what my response would be, but to paraphrase it would amount to, "Nope."

As a father and a husband I can honestly state, unequivocally, that there would be a lot of mutilated, sun-bloated corpses if my family was victimized in this fashion.

Others may feel that individuals aren't fit to deal out the death penalty, but in many scenarios (this one for example) I could do it with a smile on my face and sleep like a baby every night thereafter. After handing out my version of bloody, painful and violent justice we'd be pulling up stakes and moving.

There will eventually be a cultural revolution in India on a scale we cannot comprehend (1+ billion people fighting). The opposition to this 14th century mentality has been growing louder and stronger after every one of these disgusting attacks and they will reach their tipping point. Sadly there will have to be incalculable more victims, but eventually one will be brutalized in such a heinous way that she will become a martyr; a rallying cry for justice. When that day come I'd hate to be on the receiving side of that peasant revolt.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

WOW!! I hate india and similar countries and all its people!!

Disgusting vile dirty people. I do hope they as a nation are dealt with in the coming wars!!! They bring their "culture" to the west and its just gross!!

Rape of women and children is the lowest form of act!!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane
I hate to tell you , but America largest immigrant population are Indians . Maybe South Americans are about to surpass that . I think in both cultures that women are not treated too nicely

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

There are just some 'sick' people around. What can you do?

One thing is to kill whoever does these acts, don't waste any cash or hospitality on them by putting them in Prison. One way to decrease the populations.

We don't need sick, evil people like this in the World.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The way the article is written, it refers to the 10 year old girl's husband, and the girls mother- twice. Maybe it was poorly written, but I got the impression ,after reading several times, that this child was married???

When people are raised to believe something is acceptable and it's tolerated in society, it won't likely change. I don't see the abuse of children in countries that condone it ever changing until the 'herd mentality' changes.....and who's going to replace their entire belief system? And with what??

America has its' fair share of pedophiles, but that's not the face we want presented to the world....so it isn't given much attention or publicity. When you consider how lenient sentences are for sexually assaulting a child, and how often judges over-ride suggested guidelines in lieu 'probation only', it makes one wonder why it is taken so lightly.

It takes a little digging, but sex trafficking of children in America, at the highest levels of society, has been a documented fact for a very long time- and the depravity is increasing at an alarming rate.

Our country has a bad habit of focusing on the depravity of other countries, while sweeping our own 'dirt' under the rug. I guess as long as your attention is focused on another persons faults, you don't have time to look at and change your own shortcomings.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I thought that this story didn't sound right, it was written in a very confusing way, so I went looking for more information about it, and found (besides many slightly different versions of the same text as the one in article in the OP) these two articles, that, as much as possible in a story like this, make more sense.

Kangaroo court orders rape for an attempt to rape in first such case in Indian village

Comm unity headman orders minor’s rape as justice for victim’s brother assaulting another woman

Weird diktat: Panchayat must be prudent in their judgement

edit on 11/7/2014 by ArMaP because: I added the last link

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Our country has a bad habit of focusing on the depravity of other countries, while sweeping our own 'dirt' under the rug. I guess as long as your attention is focused on another persons faults, you don't have time to look at and change your own shortcomings.

--
Negative....in a sense...

We focus in the depravity of other countries to show that WE as a nation do not tolerate it.

We just don't sweep it other the rug, otherwise we would be just as bad as India, we enforce those laws and in doing so have created a vigilant class of its own out if our society.

If people saw a rape in a neighborhood, everyday people wouldn't just stand there, they would race in and stop it.

I can't speak for the minority of the issue, it happens in all countries, but in the US and other countries, you can bet we will enforce those laws with an iron clad fist.

No sweeping here bruh.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Agree with you except for the retaliation part and setting someone on fire. They need to be removed from power, and all adults go to jail and the kids need counseling.

Yeps indeedy. Nail on the head imo...... However, i recalled this post you made a little over two weeks ago:

Agreed 100%. Don't believe in any jail time unless you are a repeat mass murderer. House arrest and counseling would do it and be cheaper even with assistance, and or some work or schooling. Also, included in the exceptions would be all who betray their oaths of office, they're mass murders too.

The people are free and need a good loving healing world.

in this thread. Sorry to point out your confusion/self contradiction regarding only sending (repeat!) mass murderers to prison but my hands ran away with me. Carry on!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atreya
a reply to: projectbane
I hate to tell you , but America largest immigrant population are Indians . Maybe South Americans are about to surpass that . I think in both cultures that women are not treated too nicely

I'm thinking Mexicans.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Nope, counseling won't help these people - fire will.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks for that. I tried to find another source before I left work for the day yesterday but didn't in time.

That's just insane...it's like an eye for an eye justice...you try to rape me so i'll get my husband to rape your daughter/sister/whoever.

Just unbelievable...

Maybe if they started castrating some of these people the message might start getting across!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join