It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten-year-old 'raped for revenge on orders of village chief in India'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Oh!! it was in a moment kind of thing, I bank on ATS folks being smart to where they know what I mean, but since you want EXACT FIGURES, then I meant, someone from the PMs cabinet.

I always want exact figures, preferably true.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Charismagic
Facts?

How bout some work? google, Rape in India, prepare to have your computer freeze on you from the torrent of information.

www.usatoday.com...

Whats interesting is you see something very common about this, Indias figures are grossly under figured, why? most cases are actually not reported.

You should few proud, I don't post links, its all done from my Note 3.

BUT...you shouldn't feel proud.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

but since you want EXACT FIGURES, then I meant, someone from the PMs cabinet.

Wrong again...Arnie, why don't you TRY and get your facts right?? Or give up while you are ahead???

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Alright, too easy, Ill keep that in mind. Rgr that.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

funny, I was about to post that to you.
Keep on trucking "Pal" but you achieved nothing here.

For the sake of this thread, Ill take my leave, others will take their bite of you and your under figured views on rape in India compared to the US.

laters village elder.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charismagic
a reply to: kdyam

Kydam, there was no US bashing. Thats irrelevant and off the grid.

The US today is a melting pot of different cultures from all over the world. As you rightly said, other countries have cultures and practices that you Americans find sickening and vice versa.

The problem is, in India, people seem to know much, much more about the US and are more tolerant, whereas in the US you only get to see a minuscule part of what the MSM shows you to improve its TRP or eyeballs or readership or whatever.

Since you are rational, let me ask you this. Is that the right benchmark for judging a country, its culture or vilifying every one who is from there or a similar country?

Absolutely not!

Personally I have no problem with other countries cultures, I may not agree with what they do in some circumstances but my that just me personally, nor do I hold it against anyone I met from said country. I have the right to be offended by actions which I find inappropriate but am open minded enough to see that in that culture it is perfectly acceptable by most standards.

The problem is with the people ( and not just the US) who do judge others in such a manner as you suggested and there are far too many of those people but I would bet my house that the great majority of them will never change, and people have always and will always be that way.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Facts?

How bout some work? google, Rape in India, prepare to have your computer freeze on you from the torrent of information.

www.usatoday.com...

Whats interesting is you see something very common about this, Indias figures are grossly under figured, why? most cases are actually not reported.

You should few proud, I don't post links, its all done from my Note 3.

BUT...you shouldn't feel proud.

Seriously don't understand what is it that you are trying to post... so help me here

Torrent of info?

It talks about India promulgating tougher laws, rising public anger, the pictures show women protesting....

So what are you saying, really????

And in the same vein, can you explain how does this happen in such a civilized society?

A man accused of raping an eight-day-old infant is free after a judge ordered that charges be dropped over lack of a speedy trial. State of Arkansas vs. Reginald Davis. The ruling stated in part, "the Court has lost jurisdiction to proceed in this case."

Really baffled.....did the victims family get justice after all? and are they still in the USA???

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Cant agree more....we all have the equal right to have our own opinions and the way we express them, although some people have more equality than others ( with apologies to Lincoln)

Having said that, read up about India ....you might be surprised. There is so much more to India than the brutal murders and rapes that you get to read about.

On a side note, my partner still feels comfortable and safe, travelling across the country alone, she has even worked throughout the night all alone, without any issues.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is a societal problem. While India is a developed nation they still have a long way to go as far as certain people's rights. It can't be easy with a population the size it is but it appears that they are trying. It will take time but they'll get there.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Sorry, missed your post

Actually, I have the links for every single statement made by me, if you are interested. this one is from

Sexual assault stats

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
This is a societal problem. While India is a developed nation they still have a long way to go as far as certain people's rights. It can't be easy with a population the size it is but it appears that they are trying. It will take time but they'll get there.

Thanks for that bit of sanity....it certainly isn't easy....and India is a developing nation..still a long way to go, but the intention and the will is there.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

In your opinion do you think that they will ever move away from the caste system?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cruff

Same # goes on in your country, just replace village chief with pastor, minister, father, Rabi, or any other religious leader.

edit on 11-7-2014 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The caste system was and in many cases, is, a combination of power politics within a geographical area and a survival mechanism, which also provides an identity .

Something similar to say, being part of a secret elite society to reap its benefits, a phi beta kappa, if you will.

Only when the psyche of the people change, so much so that the comfort of identity provided by it no longer matters, where survival is no longer dependent on being part of a group, that the changes will happen. This is already happening with education and is evident in the major metros...suburbs and the rural areas are where its effect is still predominant.

But the one thing that will always cast a shadow is the combination of ever expanding population and finite resources....will you stop playing the caste game if playing it means safety, security and advantages for you and your loved ones?

Thats the question that India has to find an answer to.....

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Also a small info on the diversity in India, which also makes communication tough.

People in India presently speak in 780 different languages.

250 languages lost in the last 50 years.

86 scripts being used in India presently

Over 2000 dialects

There are many many challenges....this is one of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charismagic

Also a small info on the diversity in India, which also makes communication tough.

People in India presently speak in 780 different languages.

250 languages lost in the last 50 years.

86 scripts being used in India presently

Over 2000 dialects

There are many many challenges....this is one of them.

Your wasting your time , Gross generalizations and blatant Abuse of another culture is a habit in this forum .

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kdyam

In your opinion do you think that they will ever move away from the caste system?

Caste system is institutionalized by politicians , People in the west are ignorant and totally unaware but the most abused people in this country are upper castes and not lower caste .. The new generation doesn't give a # about caste system ..

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
And this is why India was better off under colonial rule, like most of the other former British colonies. Yeah, there were atrocities committed by the colonial governments, but in a case like this? You better believe everyone involved would be hanged before the week is out.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cruff

Barbaric is the only words to describe this. The molester gets beat up for molesting, complains and then gets to rape the girl he was previously going to molest. These people are savages.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

According to the other versions of this news I found (see this post) and that make more sense, that was not what happened, but the decision is still an example of disrespect of other human beings (or maybe they didn't even consider girls human).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join