It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian state minister says rapes happen "accidentally".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Indian state minister Ramsevak Paikra says rapes happen 'accidentally'.

A senior minister from India’s ruling party has been urged to apologise after he said that rapes happen “accidentally”.

Ramsevak Paikra, the minister responsible for law and order in India’s central Chhattisgarh state, made the remarks as he spoke to journalists, according to AFP.

“Such incidents (rapes) do not happen deliberately. These kind of incidents happen accidentally,” he said late on Saturday.

Paikra, who is part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), was asked for his views on gang-rape when he made the comments.

As some of you know, recent gang rapes in India have received international attention.

What I'm learning is that this is nothing new. That gang rapes and rape in general, in India, have plagued this nation for a long time. That women are looked down upon and viewed as nearly worthless.

This minister, which I believe would be equivalent to an elected representative in the US, is justifying these brutal attacks by calling them "accidental"...

What can we expect from the average citizen when the leadership, the person responsible for "law and order", thinks these brutal attacks are normal, just accidental...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yeah its not like Whups sry i just raped you by accident, atleast he apoliged what he sayd but still thats quite disturping to hear,especially from some official person. Now at very least he could start visible campaing against rapist and rapes, strickten the laws, get ppl to patrol some areas etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Good to see cranial-rectal inversion isn't the sole property of American politicians. I wonder how this goober would feel if he was "accidentally" raped by a gang who "unintentionally" mistook him for a woman?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Wow, some people are just too stupid to be alive, how does someone this idiotic operate without a brain? How the hell do you accidentally rape someone, let alone gang rape someone. I have to stop now, it just too stupid for me.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was just walking along, minding my own business. Then I slipped on a banana peel and accidentally raped someone. It was awkward.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Anybody who thinks rape happens by accident will certainly be forgiving if it suddenly happens to them,Karma has a way of catching up with you.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Not trying to be too contrarian, but every time I read a sentence like yours I have to ask just how karma has vindicated the thousands upon thousands of women degraded, raped and murdered over the last few thousand years. I put it to you that we all hope karma happens, but I see no sign of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Interesting....isn't this similar to what the Mafia says about murders?

Ahhh, fugetaboutit!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh my goodness.

Look out India, you are about to have a feminist uprising with men making absurd statements like that.

Shame on that man for saying such a thing and shame on Indian men for treating women so flippantly.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

They do however say that the spoken word often proceeds the written history.

Karma is best served cold and directed and simply be talking about it we give it the chance to materialise.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well there you go lady's, you step out of your house you could be accidently raped..." excuse me madam, I can't imagine how I fell into " ... well you get the point.

Just when you think you have heard it all some wingnut comes out of the woodwork and proves you wrong.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Their country.
their culture.
Their rules.
Their society.

Isn't that what people say? Why impose western ideology onto another culture? Wouldn't that be akin to imperialism?

Now that being said, I find it disgusting.

Rape is NEVER accidental.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think Indian Society and culture is pretty sick and depraved across the board - no offense intended of course.

In places such as this It sometimes makes me wonder if it is not better to impose western ideology.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That is what happens when women are treated as unequal to men. That's why the US has to be a bastion of hope to women the world over and that's why feminism is so important here. Strong women leaders inspire other women to stand up for themselves.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This minister may be as dumb as a crooked US politician, but at the very least we take rape very seriously.

I never understood what compelled a group of indian men to want to gang rape a female?

What? they just wake one morning and say, Hmmm what should I do today? gang rape? anybody down for a gang rape?

Seriously.....

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Now I wonder...

Do you think that the same state minister would say that he was "accidently raped" if he was placed into a cramped indian jail for a couple of days just to observe inmates?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 13/6/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This guy, the guy in Africa who thinks you can shower off HIV and the "legitimate rape" guy in the US should get together and start a CFR style think tank.

It'd be a laugh riot I tell you. A laugh riot.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I don't have words for the level of disgust I feel at this.

top topics

join