It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Freemasons of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The follow up only re-confirms your statement.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: colbe
ATS, you cannot be a Mason and be Roman Catholic.

Tell it to the guys in my lodge who are both Masons and Knights of Columbus. Even their Monsignor is aware.

Guess they really do not care anymore, what with membership of the Church dropping. Gotta keep every sinner you can find and keep the big, money making, Pope-lead, Ponzi scheme going.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

If you truly found out what Freemasonry was about, you would be disgusted with the lies your church has told based on nothing more than a fear that their intolerance would be exposed.

Then ends don't justify the means. A lie is a lie and it's not what Jesus taught. If you have God in your heart, he helps you find the truth. If you have hate in your heart, there is little room for God.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If you truly found out what Freemasonry was about...

Nah, I say let him stay where he is. He would not enjoy the fact that we are tolerant of other's religions and, more importantly, it means more delicious baby for us after the meetings.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
Do you know what Freemasonry is about or what it stands for?

A better question might be: do Freemasons know what Freemasonry is about or what it stands for?

After many years of researching religions, one fact stands out: religion ALWAYS lies.

Freemasonry is deceptive and fraudulent... Its promise is light - its performance is darkness. ~~ former U.S. President John Quincy Adams

"I tell you now that Freemasonry is one of the most wicked and terrible organizations upon this earth. The Masons are major players in the struggle for world domination. The 33rd Degree is split into two. One split contains the core of the Luciferian Illuminati and the other contains those who have no knowledge of it whatsoever." ~ Bill Cooper

Freemasonry deliberately deceives its' own members about what it is and who its' god figure is, which is one reason why there is so much denial at the lower levels about what Freemasonry really is. Most Freemasons on the lower rungs are similarly kept oblivious to other goings on at higher levels.

At the time of writing Knight explained that most think there are no higher degrees than Master Mason, the third of three in Craft Masonry, which is controlled by Grand Lodges. Many higher ranking Freemasons confirmed to Knight that ordinary masons are probably completely unaware of what goes on at the highest levels amongst their Brethren.

www.futureofmankind.co.uk...

"... we instantly can see that they are justifying the practice of lying to their own adherents, until such time as they are "capable" of knowing the truth, and have attained to a status within Freemasonry that lifts them out of the "masses" spoken of in this paragraph. We have discovered that many Masons are never deemed "worthy" of learning the truth about their organization, even though they have been members for decades and have arisen to a very high degree. The great advantage for a senior Mason who has never learned the truth about Masonry is that he can be trusted to vehemently, and honestly, deny that there is anything wrong with the organization, and be very convincing in doing so. This technique is called, "Plausible Denial".

Masons who do know the truth are expected to lie to any person who is not a Mason, for they are but those despicable "masses", AKA the "profane". www.cuttingedge.org...

The irony is that low-rank Masons don't realize this. They were officially forbidden from reading Knight's book. This is how secret societies work--by duping their members. Freemasonry represents a conspiracy against society that has gone so far as to make treason the norm, and outlaw mention of conspiracy. www.henrymakow.com...

edit on 9-7-2014 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Do you seriously think that internet research from biased websites will give you more truth than actually being a member? I am asking this in as sincere a tone as I can muster.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

While i respect your belief and choice of....

the below statement cannot be agreed with for one reason

ATS, you cannot be a Mason and be Roman Catholic.

There are Masons who are both Catholic and a Freemason this is 100% fact whether you agree with it or not.

Just like there are many Catholic's who are members of the Sicilian and Italian mafia's. You may not agree with there position but your view does not change the reality.

As for all the condemnation at the end of the comment this is exactly the kind of dribble i wanted to avoid in my thread. which is why i asked for due respect to our fellow human beings in the OP.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Do you seriously think that internet research from biased websites will give you more truth than actually being a member? I am asking this in as sincere a tone as I can muster.

I'll be very honest with you and say that I would never write something if I did not believe it myself 100%.

On the occasion when I cite a reference that I am not sure about I always preface it by saying so.

If you love someone you will share the truth with them about things that matter regardless if it's politically correct or not.

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people".- Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
...religion ALWAYS lies.

Well, good thing I am not religious.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You are free to believe whatever you wish, and in the end, your view on Freemasonry is about as important to the world as my views on pumice formation. But if you care, I have been a mason, a master of my lodge, a 32nd degree Scottish Rite mason, and never have I seen anything other then good men helping others.

Your first quote came from the founder of the Anti-masonic party. Do you think there is a slight chance he had an ax to grind?

If you ever want first hand information, let me know and I'd be happy to introduce you to the lodge and have you inspect all aspects of it asking anything you like. In fact, you are free to do that in your own town.

We are not a religion. Each mason has his own religion, or at least religious beliefs. We do say a prayer at the opening and closing, but if that makes us a religion, then somebody had better tell all the sports teams that say a prayer before their matchups.

In case you wish to look at the other side of what you think you know. www.masonicinfo.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

OK let's ask that avoided question in a round about way.

If as has been stated a man's god is private and personal in Freemasonry, if this is so, then it would be possible for Freemasons to have a belief in Lucifer as there 'God' so to speak.
what do you say ?

I am not saying this is wrong or right, and do not equate Lucifer to Satan in any way.

Also does Baphomet play a role in your history's as masons and if so, What does it signify (symbols and meanings)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Please see my thread a few down from this one titled Why Masons do not worship Lucifer (or Satan).

edit on 9-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JokerThe1st

OK let's ask that avoided question in a round about way.

If as has been stated a man's god is private and personal in Freemasonry, if this is so, then it would be possible for Freemasons to have a belief in Lucifer as there 'God' so to speak.
what do you say ?

There is only one creator of everything. One omnipotent entity. He goes by many names. As far as I know, "Lucifer" has never been one of them. Do you think anyone could justify calling the creator Lucifer?

I am not saying this is wrong or right, and do not equate Lucifer to Satan in any way.

Also does Baphomet play a role in your history's as masons and if so, What does it signify (symbols and meanings)

Balphomet is a creation of Pope Phillip in his quest to eradicate the Knights Templar so he could take their land and money. He made all sorts of claims, some of which are still repeated towards Freemasonry even today. So no. no role at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
John Q. Adams, who became President by paying off Henry Clay to choose him in the House as President when the election was contested, then appointing him Secretary of State. That John Adams? Plus, who cares if a former President denounced us. Being President doesn't give his opinion any more credence.

Freemasonry doesn't deceive its members...about anything. There is no "god of Freemasonry". And this whole "low level" vs "high level" argument is ridiculous and absurd. Knight? Stephen Knight? You mean the guy who fabricated most of his writings? The guy who made up a great deal or cited from hoaxes? That Knight? Note though, the Master Mason degree IS the HIGHEST degree in Masonry; all other degrees are supplementary and still owe all allegiance to the Blue Lodge and the Master Mason degree. I can't read the rest of the first link as my school's server blocks it, but I'm guessing its just as erroneous as your introductory paragraph.

Your 2nd link comes from "cuttingedge" which is hilarious as there is nothing "cutting edge" about it. It's a religiously fanatical website and puts out the same material that passes from my body every morning.

No Freemasonry does not claim to be a religion. And before you pull out the misquoted Pike excerpt please note that Pike states in M&D: "Masonry is not a religion. He who makes of it a religious belief, falsifies and denaturalizes it." Freemasonry is not seeking to subert, replace, substitute, or act as a religion.

This site just proves that so many "christians" are willing to lie, deceive, twist fact, and use whatever means to accomplish a horrid agenda. So much for no bearing false witness. My point is that these (mis)quotes of Pike are not our ritual.

As for the Makow link, I'd like to first start out by saying an awkward handshake does not a Mason make. Just to make myself clear, that picture on the site is not a "Masonic handshake." There is no such thing. We have grips, not handshakes; call it semantics, I call it the truth. We are also NOT Satanic. I have gone through many rituals and have yet to see anything that can be construed as Satanic.

You continue to show that you know nothing, but rely on the writings of others who suit your mindset which seems to be one plagued with ignorance, extremism, suspicion, hatred, fear, and militancy. You are also using sources that are notoriously bigoted and which is shown in this post as they are condemning us for supposedly (falsely) being a part of the "Jewish conspiracy."

Your site claims we are forbidden from reading Knight's book...that's a lie. The fraternity has no control over what we read. The Jewish faith, or Zionism, or whatever, has no authority over Freemasonry. Our leaders are elected based upon the rules and regulations of the Fraternity, which are established by the members of the order.

Bill Maher - Not a Mason. Your site makes allegations of many being Masons, but it doesn't prove it. This all has been conjecture and malicious lies.

I do love some heavy doses of scapegoating. It makes me, but also saddens me that people that believe this are allowed to raise children and poison their minds as well. I also think its funny when anti-Masons attempt to tell me that all of my in-depth research and first hand experience is wrong while a simple Google search of theirs is right and without having any real first hand experience.
edit on 9-7-2014 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
And before you jump on me, I do consider myself Christian albeit closely aligned with gnostic and rosicrucian systems. And before you jump on my rosicrucian beliefs, let me be clear, I DON'T CARE; it is not up for debate. My faith and relationship with God is between Him and me. I don't care about the opinions of man in regards to my faith.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

There's another massive part of the population that is excluded from freemasonry: women.

Please could any of the Freemasons tell me why this is? The exclusion of women seems to stem from religious or cultural beliefs in my experience, so is this the case in a Freemasonry? How do Freemasons view women in general? I think there might be some women's groups but are any of these recognised officially?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRM13
Please could any of the Freemasons tell me why this is? The exclusion of women seems to stem from religious or cultural beliefs in my experience, so is this the case in a Freemasonry? How do Freemasons view women in general? I think there might be some women's groups but are any of these recognised officially?

Being that Masonry was instituted as a fraternity all Regular lodges are men only. There are, and have been, coed lodges since the 1800s.

I would think that most Masons are supportive of women as we are charged to be helpful to all mankind.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
You can be a Mason and a Catholic, but may face excommunication. I know many Masons who are devout Catholics.

I have not voted for "one world order."

Freemasonry does not have roots in the devil.

You seem very self centered and a bit blasphemous. The judgment of my soul lies with God not some keyboard jockey.

You do not believe prophecy, I wish you would.

Hmmm....you are making a "judgment" of me stating I am "a bit blasphemous."

You cannot be Roman Catholic and impossible to be a "devout" Catholic if you are a Freemason. There
is a reason the Faith, Roman Catholicism condemns Freemasonry. Freemasonry is not of God.

God bless you Sigmason,

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MRM13
As AM points out there are co-ed Lodges. There are also women groups in Masonry that are recognized like the Daughters of the Nile, the Order of the Eastern Star (co-ed), Order of Amaranth (co-ed), and Social Order of the Beauceant.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Your post was blasphemous.

I don't dwell on prophecies.

You cannot be Roman Catholic and impossible to be a "devout" Catholic if you are a Freemason.

Sure you can. I know many who are.

There is a reason the Faith, Roman Catholicism condemns Freemasonry. Freemasonry is not of God.

That is the opinion of men. Who cares? I'd say many things that the Vatican has done is not of God, but let's not point out their history.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join