It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Freemasons of ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FW4ats
Quit spamming the sites trying to promote your site. Freemasonry has no mass conspiracy to harm non-Masons nor do we just go around protecting criminals.

Freemasonry is not based upon some tree or fallen angels. Our principles speak for themselves and there's nothing wrong with the rituals found in Masonry.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

You don't think he has an agenda funny user name I wounder if it means FreeMasonry Watch for ATS.

Spam, and well worth mentioning there a joke to the Masonic communities on the net.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sauron

Since I don't frequent that site, I do enjoy when someone brings the newest idiotic rants from that tool.
It just makes me smile.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sauron
Spam, and well worth mentioning there a joke to the Masonic communities on the net.

I will certainly take my free Masonry watch.

Only thing better than free stuff is more free stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There is something wrong with the rituals in freemasony. You do not want to be a freemason unless you want to be lied to and decieved. Same with any of those other groups, even though they seem unrelated they are connected either by belief or traditions. What I have found is that freemasonry specifically mocks the bible and jesus as well as his works on the cross. What I want to know is why do they want to come and inspect your living space before initiation? Seems to me the symbols are pretty important as well. I had painted a dream i had a long time ago and that was the reason the invited me to join.. there is an inner and outer circle what determines which circle your in is weather or not you defile the bible. Either way they say you made the right choice. Maybe one out of a hundred people who are members of freemason lodges actually know whats going on.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sincerestsawa

Ah yes, the old "you made the right choice". I think that originated from the Templars and it was such a damn good lie, that it transcended time and is still used today.

I know folks think that reading some christian hate sites on the internet is enough to form a logical conclusion, but I beg to differ. Real life experience trumps BS every time.

We are all about Balphoment too. He's super nice.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sincerestsawa
Maybe one out of a hundred people who are members of freemason lodges actually know whats going on.

How long have you been a Mason?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sincerestsawa
There is something wrong with the rituals in freemasony. You do not want to be a freemason unless you want to be lied to and decieved.

And what are the lies and deceptions?

I have found is that freemasonry specifically mocks the bible and jesus as well as his works on the cross.

What gets mocked specifically?

What I want to know is why do they want to come and inspect your living space before initiation?

No one 'inspects' you home. A group will come by to ask you specific questions on why you want to join and also make sure that your significant other's questions are answered as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with the rituals of Freemasonry nor do we lie and deceive our members. I have gone through 60+ rituals/ceremonies and have never seen anything wrong.

There's nothing in Freemasonry that mocks the Bible or Christ.

The committee who visits a petitioner doesn't have to meet at the house. They can meet anywhere. We usually try to meet at someone's house so the family can ask us questions.

We don't invite people to join Freemasonry.

I do love when non-Masons presume to tell us how we Masons operate, but then tell us we're not high enough to know while at the same time they as non-Masons do know. It's arrogance and stupidity mixed.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Anyone ever notice that those that declare tolerance in their beliefs are the first to be intolerant to those who do not believe? I'm so glad, and it is refreshing, this intolerant dogma is not represented in the Lodge of Freemasonry.

Shame really. Because, IMO, it is this same intolerant ranting that is losing them their followers. And everyone else it to blame for that besides the one in the mirror.

edit on 7/7/2014 by Krakatoa because: I clarified the post by correcting a misspelling that changed the meaning

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

As stated in my OP i have been looking into this particular society for a long time and have probably delved as deep as an outsider can do, while some of my questions where what you could call simple or common i had taken into account a lot of general outside concerns about the Freemasons when writing them.

Through my studies generally speaking i have found nothing sinister about Freemasonry, i do believe there is negative masons out there but the majority i have found to be decent upright and good people, I have seen no evidence of mocking Jesus, As has been said the Bible is given to masons who are of christian belief and as far as i know is something cherished and kept for life.
All that a masonic bible contains is some side notes, the initiation attendees signatures and i think if memory serves me the history of the brother in question(degrees???).

But at the same time not being a Mason myself leaves a hole of information that can it seems only be understood by becoming one.

While i am commenting another question pop's to mind

Are you aloud to just leave Freemasonry if one does not like being a part of it ?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JokerThe1st
All that a masonic bible contains is some side notes, the initiation attendees signatures and i think if memory serves me the history of the brother in question(degrees???).

They often have some depictions of Solomon's Temple and some history of Masonry included as well.

Are you aloud to just leave Freemasonry if one does not like being a part of it ?

Yes, it is called demitting and all one has to do is write the lodge Secretary. The membership is then informed and one is voted out of the Lodge.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

And why does this make it bad?

It does not, I find the church condemning the occult ironic when they themselves use it.
and thank you for your reply's they contributed nicely to the thread.

edit on 7-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: grammer correction

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
In Idaho the Master just signs the demit; it doesn't require Lodge approval in Idaho.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Can gnosticism and Christianity really work together?

Not according to the word of God.

He tells us that you can only serve ONE master.

As defcon5 says in the quote below: Freemasonry and Christianity are 100% incompatible.

originally posted by: defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is many churches first problem with it right here.
You are not supposed to believe in a generic god or be engaging in any kind of prayer or activity that condones a “common” (generic) god. That may not sound like its a big deal, and it might just sound like being tolerant of other religions, but the problem comes in when they start asking you to do things like praying together to a generic god. As a Christian I can be tolerant of other religions, but to start engaging in things with them such as “common prayer” is a no-no.

I believe that they are referring to things such as your morality plays that are intended to make you an “upright masonic man” as being the “works”, not the actual charitable works that you do. This is also where the identification with religions such as luciferianism come from as it teaches a similar path of “enlightenment” through personal rituals. While both freemasonry and others teach that you can achieve a sort of “enlightenment”, “goodhood”, or “salvation” through your personal actions, Christianity teaches that we are all sinful by nature and are only justified through the actions of God.
Additionally, both these groups doctrines (for lack of a better word) are drawn from Gnosticism, and that has been considered heretical teaching by Christians dating back to St Irenaeus writing of Against Heresies.

Even according to our old member Masonic Light, who was a Freemason and claimed to be a historian of Freemasonry, masonry is based on Hermeticism, Gnosticism , and Cabalaist teachings. Both Gnosticism and Cabala are considered heretical by Christianity. With this in mind, the Churches are correct that Freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity, no matter how much many Freemasons cry differently. As the Bible says, you can only serve one master, you are either a Christian or you are a Freemason.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

You are not supposed to believe in a generic god or be engaging in any kind of prayer or activity that condones a “common” (generic) god. ]

Just how many Gods do you think there are?

If there is only one God, by definition, that makes that God generic...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
There's nothing incompatible with God, His Word, and Freemasonry. The only differences occur with man's interpretation and ignorance.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

Why do Freemasons despise the Faith, Roman Catholicism?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
In Idaho the Master just signs the demit; it doesn't require Lodge approval in Idaho.

Same here, although to demit, one must be in good standing. Sadly, most Masons that choose to leave simply never come back, and don't pay their subs, so they get excluded after two years of non-payment.

Having been excluded makes it difficult for them to return at a later stage, so many are therefore lost to Masonry forever.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
Just how many Gods do you think there are?

If there is only one God, by definition, that makes that God generic...

The generic God is an imposter.

Generics are typically substandard, counterfeits, or fake, AKA religion.

God is the genuine.

There are only two religious systems in the world.

Satan controls one, the other belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ who is the ONLY way to God.

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.” ~ John 14:6

Religion and God have NOTHING in common and in fact are complete opposites.

All religion does is drive people AWAY from God which is exactly what it was designed to do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join