It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Freemasons of ATS

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Does the Temple of Solomon represent a real building and plan to complete such at some point on earth (if it has not been done already) or does it represent something more of the internal world ? or possibly both ?

I have noticed on the particular structure that is shown in colour with the pyramid Solomon's Temple (to the left of the image) has changed and become almost modernized in what i am assuming to be an updated version.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JokerThe1st
Does the Temple of Solomon represent a real building and plan to complete such at some point on earth (if it has not been done already) or does it represent something more of the internal world ? or possibly both ?

The Lodge itself Is supposed to be a representation of the Temple but the symbolism of the building is there to teach moral and spiritual lessons.

There is no plan or plans to reconstruct Solomon's a Temple.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

New question

what is Freemasonry's position on there members becoming involved with other orders/society's which are not officially affiliated with Freemasonry ?
Is there such a thing as conflict of interest when it comes to this kind of thing?
~~

I'm a Widows Son, we are not officially recognized by any of the Grand Lodges as far as I know.
We are a Masonic Riding Organization, a person has to be a active member in his lodge and own a motorcycle over 500 cc to join. Our wives and girlfriends can also join as Widows Sons Ladies if they wish and can be patched with a cut and vest.
It's all good fun we ride a lot of charity runs and have lots of BBQ's.

Some Grand Lodges look at us in not a very favorable light though, they say the biker image reflects poorly on the image of Freemasonry.
The good thing is the Widows Sons are slowly moving into Grand Lodge positions.

Raised a Freemason / Branded a Widows Son

some pics from my Brothers an Sisters from NJ Widows Sons

Widows Sons are FREEMASONS

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Is there any resentment towards masons of the blue lodge... by masons who joined the aasr...???
I'm just curious...

I mean... brethren who refuse to go aasr... and remain blue lodge masters.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Pinocchio because: Pinocchio is banished forthwith from stars and wats... :'(

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sauron

Looks like good fun, some nice bikes to.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There is no plan or plans to reconstruct Solomon's a Temple.

Why not ?

would be something special for sure, although where to place it could cause an argument or two.

HAHA someone just posted this (not laughing at you just the oddness of talking about it then this)

Brazils Temple of Solomon

edit on 22-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If i became a Master Mason 3rd degree, Am i able to choose either the York rite or Scottish right degree's or is this generally dictated by the Lodge you attend ?

Do most masons stick with there lodge rite if they decide to go further in the degree's ?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st
The decision to join an appendant/concordant body is entirely up to you. The Lodge has no authority to dictate such things.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

If i became a Master Mason 3rd degree, Am i able to choose either the York rite or Scottish right degree's or is this generally dictated by the Lodge you attend ?

Do most masons stick with there lodge rite if they decide to go further in the degree's ?

Do you live in the United Kingdom? I know that the Scottish Rite functions slightly different then in the United States with the times between earning degrees being one of the differences.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Why not ?

would be something special for sure, although where to place it could cause an argument or two.

Imagine how much worse it would be in Jerusalem if an announcement was made that the Dome of the Rock was coming down for another Temple.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ouch yeah that could cause a few problems for sure

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The way it works in the English Constitution is that after becoming a Master Mason, you have to wait at least one month before you can join the Royal Arch. Joining the Royal Arch is completely up to you, although all Master Masons are encouraged to do so. I would estimate that 75% of Master Masons do join.

After that, you are free the join the Rose Croix (Scottish Rite) and any other additional Order and do those Degrees. In the Rose Croix, you start by doing the 18th Degree (Degrees 4-17 are conferred on you during that ceremony). Then you have to go through all the offices, do all the work (I literally mean everything) and install your your successor in the Chair. This will typically take about 10 years. After installing your successor, you immediately (and automatically) do the 30th Degree (again, Degrees 19-29 are conferred during that ceremony.) After that, it's what we affectionately call 'Dead Man's Shoes', where you are in the queue, and as a Mason dies, leaves or moves away, the next person in the queue fills the position, and so on up to 32°. 33° can be conferred on any 32° by Grand Chapter, and is usually done so in appreciation of long service.

In the English equivalent of the York Rite, the candidate may immediately, after doing the Royal Arch, join the Mark Degrees, the Red Cross of Constantine or the Knights Templar in any Order, and this choice to join these is also completely voluntary.

There are also other Orders which belong to neither the Scottish Rite nor the York Rite, such as the Order of the Secret Monitor, which also very popular in English Masonry.

I would guess that 50% of all English Masons join at least one other Order after the Royal Arch, and probably 25% join both the 'Scottish' and 'York' Degrees.

I have to add that in English Masonry, the Red Cross of Constantine, the Knights Templar and the 18th Degree in the Rose Croix are 'Christian Degrees', and one has to profess a belief in the Cristian Trinity to join, something which I am strongly against, as I believe it goes against all the basic tenets of Freemasonry, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

edit on 23/7/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

Very informative answer, I am finding this whole thread fascinating.

what is the difference between speculative and operative masonry ?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Operative Masons build physical structures. Speculative Masonry is about building the spiritual structure.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Operative Masons build physical structures. Speculative Masonry is about building the spiritual structure.

....and as a result, building a better man in the process. One of the main taglines of Freemasonry is, "we make good men better".

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Is modern Masonry mainly 'speculative' now ?
also
are some degree's speculative and others operative ?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Is there any resentment towards masons of the blue lodge... by masons who joined the aasr...??? I'm just curious... I mean... brethren who refuse to go aasr... and remain blue lodge masters

Anyone ???

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Yes.

I know of no degrees that are operative today. However, I have not been through all of them to know for sure.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

also

Completely, although I think it would be cool to actually build something.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That is a shame, I want to put a petition up to start an operative degree/order and i am not even a Mason (If that's even possible)

Oh while it's on my mind, why is there a room in Mason lodges that never has windows?

I don't know if this is still common today but have noticed it on all lodges i have seen (if my memory is being fair to me).

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join