It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Freemasons of ATS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

You have to wade through the typical crap but it ends up being pretty good once the Original Poster got banned.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

I am not afraid of any reply even if it does come from an over zealous Catholic.

and what disgusting language are you referring to exactly ?

as for freemasonry attacking the Catholic church that may have something to do with the level of intolerance some of you show towards others of different belief, like all religions the Catholic church has extremists who seem to think it is there right to force feed people there sermons or versions of truth.

Do you want people to learn or just outright believe everything you tell them ? have you ever for one second considered you do not have all the answers? (you are human just like the rest of us)

I am not trying to be mean you just need to understand some of us like to search and to progress on different paths and do not sit well with being preached at.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JokerThe1st

I am not afraid of any reply even if it does come from an over zealous Catholic.

and what disgusting language are you referring to exactly ?

as for freemasonry attacking the Catholic church that may have something to do with the level of intolerance some of you show towards others of different belief, like all religions the Catholic church has extremists who seem to think it is there right to force feed people there sermons or versions of truth.

Do you want people to learn or just outright believe everything you tell them ? have you ever for one second considered you do not have all the answers? (you are human just like the rest of us)

I am not trying to be mean you just need to understand some of us like to search and to progress on different paths and do not sit well with being preached at.

My answers to the questions Nancy L. asked were removed. ATS is a closed forum and so is your thread, you're safe
or you think.

I can't find it, it disappeared, the vulgar word was in your post complaining, rejecting any discussion of Catholicism, Freemasonry is out to destroy Christ's Church. They never will. Most of the world knows this. You used some awful anal reference.

I'll offer a prayer for your conversion, the Great Warning is closer.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I removed my post it was off topic and would have caused more thread drift.

sorry

edit on 18/7/2014 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Since it is off-topic, I'll PM you my response.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

you're safe or you think.

Safe from what exactly, you and your comments hopefully
I find that a little threatening to be honest.

I can't find it, it disappeared, the vulgar word was in your post complaining, rejecting any discussion of Catholicism

Simply not true, I have searched through every post i have made and no vulgar language at all. (no i have not edited it out either)

You used some awful anal reference.

Some examples would be helpful if your going to make accusations.

Maybe just maybe if your lucky i will start a thread of Catholicism and you can spread your preaching all you like. I am not against talking about Catholicism but in relation to Freemasonry it holds little weight.

Sorry mods needed to be said. will understand if you remove this post.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Masonry has no issue with Catholics being members. The Vatican, however, has an issue with Catholics being members. As Master of a lodge that counts many Catholics among its brethren (my predecessor for example), it makes me wonder why many otherwise-obedient Catholics feel that the Holy See is mistaken in this matter

Fitz

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
New question

what is Freemasonry's position on there members becoming involved with other orders/society's which are not officially affiliated with Freemasonry ?
Is there such a thing as conflict of interest when it comes to this kind of thing?

also what are your opinions of the Knights Templar connections some have made regarding Freemasonry ?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
For the most part, there is no restrictions, but there are exceptions. If I am a member of the SRICF (Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis), a Rosicrucian group in Masonry, I cannot join the AMORC or another Rosicrucian group. As a Mason though I am also a member of the Kiwanis Club in Idaho.

also what are your opinions of the Knights Templar connections some have made regarding Freemasonry?

It's a great theory, but there is no concrete evidence to support such things. I would love to find the smoking gun and prove definitively one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

what is Freemasonry's position on there members becoming involved with other orders/society's which are not officially affiliated with Freemasonry ?

The only restriction in my state is joining an irregular or clandestine lodge.

also what are your opinions of the Knights Templar connections some have made regarding Freemasonry ?

I have yet to see any verifiable evidence that they are related and the fact that Masonry predates the Templars by hundreds of years makes me think they are not.

edit on 20-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religous hypocrite

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have yet to see any verifiable evidence that they are related and the fact that Masonry predates the Templars by hundreds of years makes me think they are not.

I am a little confused,you say Masonry predates The Knights Templar, yet the Templar order was around in the 1100's. Are we saying that Masonry in reality stretches back into antiquity like so many have tried to prove
or am i missing something here ?

Also i find it odd that there is no relation when Freemasonry has Order of Knights Templar in the York rite next to 33rd of the Scottish rite.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I am a little confused,you say Masonry predates The Knights Templar, yet the Templar order was around in the 1100's. Are we saying that Masonry in reality stretches back into antiquity like so many have tried to prove
or am i missing something here ?

The Regius Manuscript makes reference to a 10th century lodge which puts Operative Masonic lodges a couple of hundred years ahead of the Templars.

Also i find it odd that there is no relation when Freemasonry has Order of Knights Templar in the York rite next to 33rd of the Scottish rite.

There was a mistaken notion in the late 18th and early 19th centuries that the Templars where the historical ancestors of Masonry but that was never supported by any evidence.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I see this makes more sense now, thank you for the swift response.

Quick question as well, Is there any record of when the York rite created the Order of Knights Templar degree ? (just out of interest)
edit on 20-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: added question

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The earliest known 'modern' ritual of the Masonic Knights Templar, was written between 1740 and 1744 (although it was in French, not English.)

edit on 21/7/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Up untill now i agreed with most of your posts.
However, with this answer, you are falling into the same category as the one you are replying too.
You are now disrespecting another belief system.... thus the circle continues.

Im not a Mason / Rc

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dmvr34
You are now disrespecting another belief system.... thus the circle continues.

I was raised in that belief system and saw all kinds of disgraceful behavior by the Church. I could provide a litany of instances but that would be rather off topic.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

you are falling into the same category as the one you are replying too. You are now disrespecting another belief system

I am guessing this refers to me, I have tried my up most to keep this thread civil and as far as i can tell i am not disrespecting anyone's belief, The thread was about Freemasonry and certain comments where not discussing anything but ''Informing'' the Freemasons they needed to convert to Catholicism and to believe in prophecy.and they could not be Catholic, While small portions of the comment's did address the thread the majority of them did not. (hopefully i have not missed the point you were making)

edit on 21-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

Thank you, and while we are on that subject. what are your opinions on French Freemasonry ? is there regular lodges or mainly irregular ?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'll answer your questions:
1. There is no secret, there was in a moment in time where free thinking was prohibited.
2. All those degrees are for just for rites purposes, you just need the first 3 degrees. Once a Master Mason you'll free to receive any knowledge.
3. Occult just in the sense that every symbol has a meaning. Esoteric yes there is a lot of esoteric teaching, but is up to you if you want to practice it. We only give you the knowledge.
4. Like I said before the degrees are just for rites purposes. And to keep an internal structure.
5. We do not play both side of the coins. We only do good to people. But (even in churches), there is always some bad tomatoes in the basket. "Too much light can blind you".
6. We are all about politics, freemasonry is based on a democratic way of thinking. That you are free to speak your mind without being afraid of judgment.
7. The only thing we request is that you have a belief in an Only One Powerful God. The rest is up to every person opinion.

We are not an elitist group, but we are selective. I'm not a millionaire nor have any kind of influence. Just a normal guy, with a normal family.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join