It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Jesus have hated on gays?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Recent debate in this thread got me thinking.

Now I consider myself a Christian. Yet I don't have an issue with gays. Or lesbians. Or trans-whatever. Or any other genders people are labeling themselves with.

Am I supporter of gay rights? Not really. Just a supporter of equal rights. And that means everyone.

Now I know what the Bible says about gays. But the bible is missing the gospel of Jesus.

But what we know of Jesus and what we know of his attitude, his approach to life, his teachings. . . can we at the very least infer what Jesus would have thought about gays?

My interpretation, my feelings on the subject would have been that he'd treat them like anyone else. No better. No worse. People are people. Humans are humans. We all have faults. We all sin and err.

But I don't really think Jesus would have been, "Get them gaymo's outa my church!"

What do you think, ATS?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Would god have hated something that he created?

Hmmm, that is one messed up god.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't know. A single 30 year old man hanging out with a bunch of single men all day.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A guy who hung around with a load of men hate gay folk nah.
People just hide their bigotry behind the veil of their religion sometimes bleating it says this about them in the Bible but being a Christian doesn't come from a book it comes from who you are and what you do.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Nope... he wouldn't have an issue with them...

For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Yes I know that a eunuch is not specifically a gay person... but there are some that are born that way...

The idea is that these people will never lay with a woman...

Most wouldn't understand this idea anyways, but that's also why he said "he that is able to receive it, let him receive it

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think that is so easy for Christians to get trapped into judging things before their proper time .Even considering the judgement He showed on the money changers, was done in the context of the place of worship .Every one else had the opportunity to take a sacrifice for their sins to God .I am not sure the money changers were ever given instruction of the type of sacrifice for their sin ...peace a reply to: beezzer

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wow, beezer. I gotta give you credit. I usually disagree with you on everything, but this? I agree 100%.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Jesus didn't hate on anyone. Not even those who tortured and murdered him. 'Forgive them, they know not what they do' ... He was love and forgiveness to everyone including those who destroyed His body and caused His mother so much pain in her heart.

With that in mind, it's clear Jesus wouldn't hate on homosexuals.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Jesus didn't hate on anyone. Not even those who tortured and murdered him. 'Forgive them, they know not what they do' ... He was love and forgiveness to everyone including those who destroyed His body and caused His mother so much pain in her heart.

With that in mind, it's clear Jesus wouldn't hate on homosexuals.

Then what the hell, FF?

Why all the "damned" hate?

(rhetorical, mostly)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Jesus would love them. I have no doubt.

Mister Rogers (yes, Mister Rogers) was an ordained minister. People would sometimes try to challenge him or trip him up by asking him what he would say to a (gasp!) non-Christian or a (gasp!) homosexual. Mister Roger's response was always the same - He'd say "God loves you just the way you are."

I can't believe I just quoted Mr. Rogers on an ATS thread... but he was a man of God. The real deal.
edit on 3-7-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Wow, beezer. I gotta give you credit. I usually disagree with you on everything, but this? I agree 100%.

lolz

Hell probably froze over.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I thought I felt a draft! LOL

I wonder why it's too much to expect Jesus' followers to behave like him.
edit on 7/3/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In Bible there are writings about "gays" only in old testament and Paul´s writings. Paul´s letters to parishes. There are no writings of Jesus condamning gays and what Jesus spoke , he spoke to general public.
Homosexuality is not a new phenomenon but the word homosexuality was first used in some german pamphlet in year 1869.
I don´t think Jesus hated anyone not gays either. Jesus "hated" what people did ( actions of pharisees etc) not the people whatever they were.
edit on 3-7-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I think Jesus would have accepted everyone. I'm not a Believer per se, but I don't recall Jesus ever turning anyone away. In fact the more shunned the person was, the more he seemed to think they needed him.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the insight and some frank and honest answers. Glad to see that there isn't the hate here.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
God wouldn't "hate" the gays but he would probably wonder why they're so gay.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Beezer,

You and I have very similar views on this topic.

I am of the opinion that Jesus loved every one, and that human beings do not have the tools to judge their fellow human beings in spiritual matters, simply because none of us are perfect, all of us are sinners. We HAVE to make certain judgements in order for society to function, for example, jurors in court perform a vital civic function, and whether one agrees with that element of criminal justice, it is important that this function is performed.

However, to judge a persons soul is the purview of God, and God alone. People might make us angry, and we might not agree with their choices, but not a single one of us is perfect, or in a position to judge the souls of our fellow human beings.

I am not sure that Jesus was capable of raw hatred, the way human beings are.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If Jesus had hated ANY particular faction of mankind wouldn't that make him a false prophet since he as the son of god was sent to absolve mankind's sins?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Did he hate on Mary Magdalene?? Or did he hold out his hand to her as the people were screaming for blood, and ask that he who is without sin to cast the first stone??

I think that pretty much answers the question.

He hated no one. Not even those that were sent to kill him. That says a lot I think.

edit on 7/3/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join