It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Baptist church schedules first gay wedding only hours after ban ends

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yup people should stop cherry picking what to hate in the Bible and stop judging others Iam sure the best thing to do is just accept them as fellow human beings trying to survive and have a little love in their lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: olaru12

Do tell me what book it says about gay people being that?.

What?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

What about Gay Muslims or gay Christians who want to worship their God? and If your God is all about love why shouldn't they be married under their Gods house?.
Because men many years ago wrote some stupid ass laws which have no relevance in today's modern society.
You wanna live in the dark ages do so but let people be who they want to be.
I can see one day every type of religion doing it soon because If it doesn't it will fade away..

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What book in the Bible says they are an abomination?.
Geezz

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Geezz

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Why don't you try reading the "Good BooK" .... or perhaps google might work.

geeezzz indeed....

edit on 3-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The same book that says you should kill bratty children... witches, fortune tellers... etc etc...

By the way people... The crime of Sodom was not being gay, it was rape....

sigh...

Silly Christians...

edit on 3-7-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Read it.... Do you follow all what is said in that masterpiece?
edit on 3-7-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

The majority of "Christians" will never make it to Heaven.

There are two kinds of people in the world – sayers and doers.

God told Howard Pittman during his NDE that not all the sayers would be in heaven, but all the doers would be.

He made a pretty decent living on his ministries. what makes his word (which supported his career through fear) any more valid than the countless NDEs that have spoken of only love and acceptance they received...from people whom had nothing to gain nor lose by saying their experience. no audience to try and win over and bank off of, none of that..just a personal experience that altered their life to accepting and loving.

Sounds like a marketing scam for the easily influenced and frightened.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hell no....I'm a Hedonistic heathen!!! Want me to look that up for you too?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Geezz

Leviticus
Pretty straight forward actually

Lev. 18:22
•‘You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13
•"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What kind of heathen doesn't support gay marriage?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

uhh, I know that sarcasm is lost on many, sorry you didn't get it. I don't care if people want to marry iguanas. There was a member here once that wanted to do exactly that. I'll try and find the thread. It's hilarious!!

If you follow my posts and threads, it's best not to take them to seriously. My feeble attempts at humor is often taken at face value.
It's a very "bitter" acquired taste.
edit on 3-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

What else does it ban? read those bits?.
That is why people are cherry picking and choosing to hate instead of love.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

uhh, I know that sarcasm is lost on many, sorry you didn't get it. I don't care if people want to marry iguanas. There was a member here once that wanted to do exactly that. I'll try and find the thread. It's hilarious!!

The way you warned us while citing the Sodom story...I don't know. It sounded like you were serious.
edit on 3-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
There are a lot of false Christians out there and this Church can add their name to that list.

Correct...

The "church" has been infiltrated which is WHY it bares absolutely NO resemblance to the early Church.

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?"

JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati..."

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. LINK

"90% of the Southern Baptist hierarchy are Freemasons. There is also a high percentage of Christian leadership from the Lutheran and United Methodist churches are Masons. This would explain why Ecumenism has spread so easily. ...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Infiltration of Freemasonry

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden."

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

The Real Conspiracy the Jesuit infiltration of Christianity

edit on 3-7-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What God? Homosexuals are not worshipping a Monotheistic God, they are an insult to that God regardless of gay rights or not. People do not make the rules in religion, the religious books wouldn't be relevant if that was the case.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

What God? Homosexuals are not worshipping a Monotheistic God, they are an insult to that God regardless of gay rights or not. People do not make the rules in religion, the religious books wouldn't be relevant if that was the case.

Pretty sure that people did make those rules. And in perfect honesty, it's those people that homosexuals are insulting. I've never once heard a grandiose voice echo from the sky in declamation of gays. It's always the bigots I see here on Earth.
edit on 3-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I see the heretic is at it again. I don't have a problem with gay marriage because marriage isn't owned by Christianity, but this is different, these 2 men are about to exchange vows in the face of God knowing good and damn well what the Bible says about homosexuality. This "church" should be paying taxes because it certainly isn't a house of God, not the God they're pretending to worship anyways. This pastor and his congregation are posers, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Similar to the rest of Christian preachers eh...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I see the heretic is at it again. I don't have a problem with gay marriage because marriage isn't owned by Christianity, but this is different, these 2 men are about to exchange vows in the face of God knowing good and damn well what the Bible says about homosexuality. This "church" should be paying taxes because it certainly isn't a house of God, not the God they're pretending to worship anyways. This pastor and his congregation are posers, plain and simple.

It would seem heresy has a gentler heart than piety.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join