It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Jesus have hated on gays?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Of course god loves every human. He also does not necessarily like everything that humans do. He was pretty good at trash talkin' the Scribes and Pharisees. And He really bitch slapped the money changers with that whip of His.

Sexual stuff? He told the adulteress, I'm not going to condemn you, get on home and don't let me catch you doin' anything like that again. (OK, I paraphrased)

There is no way to find Jesus saying that "homosexuality is a fine and natural thing to do, I don't have any problems with it."

Telling a homosexual that God doesn't like their behavior shouldn't be an act of hate, ideally it should be a loving warning.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

Oh we're talking about Jesus......sure Jesus hated gays. That's why he fought with god. It was over the 'gay rights' thing.

That's the reason God allowed the crucifixion.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Then what the hell, FF? Why all the "damned" hate?

Spiritual pride. Self righteousness. Misunderstanding Who God Is.
General stupidity. Indoctrination. Evil in the heart masquerading as 'holiness'.
Psychologically speaking ... the need to feel superior to others.

I could go on ...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer I do not think that he would have been performing gay marriges. They would have been accepted in the church to live by his words and not to change society.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

There is no way to find Jesus saying that "homosexuality is a fine and natural thing to do, I don't have any problems with it."

Telling a homosexual that God doesn't like their behavior shouldn't be an act of hate, ideally it should be a loving warning.

Too bad he didn't come down and have a word with the WBC about that. And every other bigoted idiot capable of waving a sign and pointing a finger.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity
Whew, that's a crazy spin to that religion, would make a good book at the least

I'm sure Mel Gibson would write it

edit on 3-7-2014 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

But religion teaches us to emulate and follow the teachings (in this case) of the Son of God.

WWJD?

Shouldn't we be paying more attention to his approach rather than just his followers?

(I know, blasphemy on my part)

But the way I see the bible is similar to that party game where one person whispers in someones ear, then that person whispers in anothers ear. . . until you finally get to the end, and it doesn't sound anything like the original message.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Too bad he didn't come down and have a word with the WBC about that. And every other bigoted idiot capable of waving a sign and pointing a finger.

I agree. I guess He figured that He left them a book and they ignored that...
edit on 7/3/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The same way he would treat any other sinner. He would not turn them away if they came to Him, and if He saw someone persecuting them, He would likely intervene and it would be similar to when He stopped them from stoning the adulterous woman. He told her to go and sin no more.

As far as do I think He would marry them? No, for two reasons. One, he preached very clearly that marriage is between a man and a woman, and two, if you believe that homosexual acts are a sin, then you believe He would not bless a union based in sin, which is why people who are divorced should not be getting remarried - most divorces do not fall under the category of "needful" as outlined in the Bible. A remarriage after you divorce for "irreconcilable differences" is adultery according to the strict interpretation.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Religion is a lot like IKEA.

No-one reads the instructions.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The same way he would treat any other sinner. He would not turn them away if they came to Him, and if He saw someone persecuting them, He would likely intervene and it would be similar to when He stopped them from stoning the adulterous woman. He told her to go and sin no more.

As far as do I think He would marry them? No, for two reasons. One, he preached very clearly that marriage is between a man and a woman, and two, if you believe that homosexual acts are a sin, then you believe He would not bless a union based in sin, which is why people who are divorced should not be getting remarried - most divorces do not fall under the category of "needful" as outlined in the Bible. A remarriage after you divorce for "irreconcilable differences" is adultery according to the strict interpretation.

Interesting. But as the Son of God, he'd have known that they were born that way and their nature was a part of who they were. We're all born in sin, but one cannot be born "sinful".

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

Oh we're talking about Jesus......sure Jesus hated gays. That's why he fought with god. It was over the 'gay rights' thing.

Is that what it says in the Queen James Bible?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Religion is a lot like IKEA.

No-one reads the instructions.

I guess that's why there are always so many nuts left over afterwards then??

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: minusinfinity

Is that what it says in the Queen James Bible?
His answer could be very truthful. I don't see it as gay rights thing but more of a situation where the curses that came before Jesus came gave them a need for the backdoor but the rulers at the time would kill over that. All those crazy verses about cravings and shatting on heads could have meaning.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't think it's ever been conclusively proven one way or the other what makes one gay. Is it hard-wired or is it something that comes from a combination of factors?

If it were hard-wired, you would expect that identical twins would both be gay much more often than they actually are. I think in major twin studies, few have had a higher incidence of same sex identification in identical twins than a bit over 15% of the time. And the one I found that did had a self-selected population and the researcher even said that was a worry for methodology.

In short, we don't really know much about homosexuality because there is very little honest research being done on it. There are certain very powerful and politically connected forces that don't want that kind of research to be done. If it does get done and it exposes something not advantageous to that faction ... bad things happen.

It's like MMGW research. You toe the party line or you go down in flames (no pun intended).
edit on 3-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Fair enough.

Personally, I'm going with the "nothing to forgive" attitude.

You are who you are.

You are how the Good Lord made ya'.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Either way, Jesus would not have "hated on them," but neither would he have married them. He still preached that marriage is between a man and woman.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Did he hate on Mary Magdalene?? Or did he hold out his hand to her as the people were screaming for blood, and ask that he who is without sin to cast the first stone??

I think that pretty much answers the question.

He hated no one. Not even those that were sent to kill him. That says a lot I think.

The woman that was caught in the act of fornication WAS NOT Mary Magdalene.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I look at it this way (maybe a bit simplistic)

Imagine having to discern the colors blue and green in order to get married.

What would color-blind people do?

They were born that way.
Does that disqualify them? Would their color blindness equate to sin?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I look at it this way (maybe a bit simplistic)

Imagine having to discern the colors blue and green in order to get married.

What would color-blind people do?

They were born that way.
Does that disqualify them? Would their color blindness equate to sin?

At that point, it does not boil down to sin. It has to do with the teachings of Christ. Christ is the Son of God, and He was judged the perfect sacrifice for our sin. If gays were meant to be included in marriage, Christ would not have specifically said that marriage was between a man and a woman in echo of what God himself said in the OT. If you say that gays were always meant to be included in the sacrament of marriage, then you basically said that Christ made and mistake, was imperfect and thus was no fit sacrifice to redeem us from our sins.

That's heresy. Hate to put it that way, but for most Christians it should be considered as much. Christ does not make mistakes.
edit on 3-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join