It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine attacks with chemicals, destroys schools and hospitals and kills unarmed citizens (News)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The situation is S-E Ukraine has pretty much become like Kosovo. 100s of thousands have been forced to flee, nearly thousands have been killed and many more injured. Constant shelling has destroyed infrastructure with no electricity and water in lots of areas.

Time for Russian peacekeepers to arrive and stabilize the situation. Civilians are being harmed, shelled and attacked with heavy weapons. This has to stop immediately. There was an excellent chance to prolong the cease fire but Nazi Junta in Kiev would not agree. Time to use separate the fighting factions to end the war like situation.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

"Russian peacekeepers?" Russia invades, and you think a good idea is to send in more Russian troops calling them "peacekeepers?"

If peacekeepers are needed, what happened to the UN? Or doesn't Russia like the UN any more?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: maghun

originally posted by: Siddharta
Today a lot of things changed. Slavyansk has been taken back by the Ukrainian troops. This was the reaction of the people, who dared to come out of their houses after the fightings:

The video is from Kramatorsk, with 173.000 residents, 70% is ukrainian. Nice video about how most of them welcomes the liberators...

What I don't understand till now, how the "terrorists" managed to escape the fully surrounded cities of Slavyansk and Kramatorsk? Even the arrested mayor, Ponomarev was seen in a recent video as "terrorist":

Strelkov retreated from Slavyansk with two tanks, one of them was recycled by the "terrorists" two month ago:

Location: Donetsk, Kostantynovka, University Avenue, 153, recreation park "Jubilee."
JS-3M - Soviet heavy tank from World War II, launched into production in its last days and had no time to take part in it. Therefore, this war machine often considered one of the first post-war Soviet tanks. JS is an abbreviation of "Joseph Stalin" - the official name of the series of Soviet heavy tanks of manufacture from 1943 to 1953. Index 3 corresponds to the third production model of the tank of the family. Because of the characteristic shape of the upper front part of the body was nicknamed "Pike."

Thank you maghun

edit on 6-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Actually it wouldn't matter as all Russian media is going to say whatever the government tells them to say, so you wouldn't see the reports anyway.

Yes they have at the hands of pro Russian separatists.

Hi tsurfer2000h, you do realise that there is media in Russia that opposes the current Russian government? Would you be so kind to show me proof that the Kremlin are responsible for the so-called pro Russian separatists? I have seen multiple times Putin himself asking for that proof.

But Russian media is?

How is it biased, as it gives you both sides of the story something Russian media will not give you.

I never said Russian media was unbiased. They obviously would be biased. I said your example of unbiased media was false and it is. Just because a reporter spoke to the other side does not make it unbiased. Look up the word in the dictionary.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

"Russian peacekeepers?" Russia invades, and you think a good idea is to send in more Russian troops calling them "peacekeepers?"

If peacekeepers are needed, what happened to the UN? Or doesn't Russia like the UN any more?

First of all, there are Russian peacekeepers in the UN.

Second of all, members of the UN would have to agree to the peacekeeping mission. This would not happen, because either NATO or Russia will rather invoke R2P instead.

Third, there's a few collective Eurasian security organizations and pacts that enable the deployment of peacekeepers from one Eurasian country to another, without UN involvement.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
British journalist Mark Franchetti describes reality in Ukraine

I found this video interesting...
Check out the audience reaction.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Here is another video that is probably one of the saddest video's I have seen in relation to this conflict.

Atrocities committed by the US-Supported Ukrainian National Guard

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

An immediate halt to the suffering of the people is needed. People are under indiscriminate attacks from heavy military weapons. Russian peacekeepers should come in immediately and others can join in the due process.

Seeds of poison have already taken root in Ukraine since the Junta overthrew the government. Ukraine won't be able to perform as a single cohesive united country from here on.

Pro-Kiev forces facing an Afghanistan or Iraq type civil war in S-E region is a very likely scenario. Separatists who were openly fighting up till now will go underground and target pro-Kiev elements and assets. Ukrainian economy will suffer big as a result.

Ukrainians in western regions do not consider themselves of the same stock of people as the S-E region. They find more similarity to Polish, Hungarian cultures. Hence, western Ukrainians should themselves pick pieces on the map near Poland and Hungary and leave for good. That should be the best outcome for peoples in both the regions.
edit on 6-7-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

American mainstream global media giant CNN manages to completely screw up basic geography yet again. They are claiming that Slavyansk is in Crimea, and that Crimea is still a part of Ukraine.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

Link to where you got the picture from please. I ask because it looks like the incident that occurred near the start of the year. I want to know if its a new incident or if you are regurgitating a previously discussed incident.

You guys really need to get it together and research.

"Russian Peacekeepers" as you suggest would in reality be "Russian Occupying Forces".

When 2 nations are having issues a 3rd nation is used when peace keepers are requested. If it does not come from a 3rd party then there is no way Ukraine will accept Russian occupying forces into Ukraine. They are already illegally present in Crimea. Just as Russia never would have accepted Chechen military forces to act as peacekeepers during the 2 wars Russia has had with them.

You are an intelligent person Victor so to even suggest a ludicrous "Russian peacekeeper" argument tells me you either don't know what you are talking about or you are trying to push the Russian position via feigned ignorance.

Putin made his own bed when he invaded Ukraine. Please tell me where the former Ukraine President is? Why did Putin, who claimed ethnic Russians are under attack, decide Crimean ethnic Russians are somehow better than ethnic Russians in South and East Ukraine.

Putin is pissing people off in his own government, who want him to send Russian forces into Ukraine.
Putin is pissing people off who have ended up the sanctions list.
Putin is pissing people off with regards to the Russian media lying about events in Ukraine, to the extent protests were held in Moscow.

Putin has created his own version of the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Sending in military units while depending on locals to assist the arriving forces while promising support, which came and then stopped when Putin got caught.

Even now Putin is trying to distance himself even more from Ukraine by telling Obama he wants to repair ties between the 2 countries.

As for the use of chemical weapons it must be investigated, and whichever side used them held accountable. Just as it should be done in Syria.

The Ukraine is a sovereign nation and not a puppet of either Russia nor the West. For parties on both sides to continue to speak about Ukraine in a 3rd person manner when they are present will not solve anything. Ukraine must take the lead as it is there country. As people bitch and demand the US pull out, the same demand must apply to Russia and Putin.

If you guys find the actions of the Ukraine government in the wrong then please explain to me the difference between Ukraine's government and Syria's government, as the 2 situations are comparable.

edit on 6-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

American mainstream global media giant CNN manages to completely screw up basic geography yet again. They are claiming that Slavyansk is in Crimea, and that Crimea is still a part of Ukraine.

You don't seem to get it...Nobody believes anything CNN says or reports as they have become a third rate news source.

And Crimea is still part of Ukraine, and the vote was less than a majority vote on the referendum which was also proven by Putin's own government.

And that is the truth and has been proven.
edit on 6-7-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Crimea euphoria fades for some Russians

MOSCOW (Reuters) - When she was asked to give up a day's pay to help Crimea, Russian hospital therapist Tatyana could not hide her anger - why should she subsidize others when struggling to make ends meet herself?

Living in southern Russia close to the border with Ukraine, Tatyana was caught up in the euphoria that gripped the nation when Russia annexed Crimea in March and still welcomes "our" people back in the fold.

But more than three months on, she is worried that her wage of 9,000 rubles ($260) a month is not stretching as far as it used to, and fears she will be forced to take on extra work to cover the rising cost of food and utilities.

Russians were asked to give up / donate to Crimea. From taking vacations in Crimea to donating pay / contributions. Apparently Russians are not happy that its an ongoing issue, with the woman in the article wanting to know why she should have to pay from Crimea.

But with the first wave of tourists back in Russia and complaining about bad service and amenities, the 'champagne effect' of feeling that Russia had outwitted the West over Crimea may have started to wear off.

Rising prices and stagnating wages may make hundreds more Russians think twice about the government's price tag of between 800 billion and 1 trillion rubles ($23-30 billion) for Crimea, and may come to pose the first real threat to Putin.

Click link for remainder of article.

Long story short the article, in my opinion, is a clear sign of the troubles bubbling under Putin. His venture into Ukraine has cost the Russian government a lot in terms of money. They are using pensions as a stop gap against the sanctions however its not going to last long. Its going to cost anywhere from 600 billion to 1 trillion (Russian money) to "update" Crimea.

The threat of new sanctions apparently is starting to sink in with the Russian leadership. The Russian economy is still weak.

Based on that its becoming more and more obvious as to why Putin is trying to cut his losses in Ukraine before he drives Russia off the cliff.

The above may be one possible reason for the chemical weapons use claims. An attempt by Putin to divert attention back to Ukraine and the fighting in the East and South rather than the economic problems in addition to Russians not being happy about having to pay for Crimea in the manner the article talks about.

Its possible the Pro Russian forces used chemical weapons on their own accord in hopes of forcing Russia's hand on assistance / military intervention in Ukraine. Some pro Russia members commented that Ukrainian artillery shells exploded on the Russian side of the border.

If the chemical weapon argument does not get the traction pro Russian forces need it would not surprise me if the next claim is Ukrainian forces tried to use chemical weapons a second time, and those shells(chemical) landed in Russia.

A question for our Pro Russians -
Why is Putin changing course? Ive given my opinion above and would like to hear your guys take on it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Hi tsurfer2000h, I have to chime in here as you seem to be a bit wishy washy in regards to media reporting comments.

You don't seem to get it...Nobody believes anything CNN says or reports as they have become a third rate news source.

If CNN is not telling the truth who is? Fox? CBS? Who should those that you think are not getting it be listening to/reading from?

I would like to ask what in your opinion is a 1st rated news source compared to third rated news sources? Could you please provide some examples to help me understand.

Also, please are you able to quote your sources for the Crimean referendum vote. Please show me some media news that states that even the Putin government proved that the vote count was less than the majority of voters. Obviously it cannot come from a third rated news media organisation but of course you know that right?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There are warnings of possible false-flag events planned by Ukrainian army. They are going to shell 3 villages on border with Russia and blame it on Russia.
Just wanted to get it out under a timestamp in case it will really happen.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Etherguide
There are warnings of possible false-flag events planned by Ukrainian army. They are going to shell 3 villages on border with Russia and blame it on Russia.

Warnings by whom? From where? Proof?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hi Xcathdra, I will bite. Firstly, in regards to Crimea and the costs of integrating into the Federation was in no doubt going to be costly. That was well known from what I had read. If you had listened to Putin's comments in his last public address in France he clearly stated that giving up Crimea to NATO would have weakened the state and a NATO takeover of Crimea was considered as an aggression towards the state. From a geopolitical standpoint I understood that, and accepted this because of Crimea's history and the way in witch the referendum was made (I don't see people fighting/demonstrating in the streets).

Now, your comments on Russian's so called euphoria fading is no different to any other country's people having to pay for its own political/social or economic reasons. EU and its people having to pay the price through austerity measures due to the economic crisis. USA people with immigration issues will probably be having to pay the price in the future? I see it from a high level being pretty much the same thing.
So your point in regards to the conflict is purely a deflection. You have nothing.

By the way, I am pro Russian for Russians and Pro Ukrainian for Ukrainians. I know people from the east and even though they speak Russian they still believe that they are Ukrainians.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Its possible the Pro Russian forces used chemical weapons on their own accord in hopes of forcing Russia's hand on assistance / military intervention in Ukraine. Some pro Russia members commented that Ukrainian artillery shells exploded on the Russian side of the border.

If the chemical weapon argument does not get the traction pro Russian forces need it would not surprise me if the next claim is Ukrainian forces tried to use chemical weapons a second time, and those shells(chemical) landed in Russia.

If you want to make stuff up put it in the fiction section of ATS or save it for the next call of duty game. There was some shelling on the Russian border and that is already been taken to court in Russia... but they were not chemical... You must be getting that from a 3rd rated news site. lol

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Ask CNN about graphics they use, source is Russia 24:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Etherguide

Warnings by whom? From where? Proof?

This warning has originally appeared on official site of LPR:
lugansk-online.info...

(post by Vovin removed for a manners violation)

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join