It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine attacks with chemicals, destroys schools and hospitals and kills unarmed citizens (News)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I'll give you one better on Putin's comments -

RT News - Putin acknowledges Russian military serviceman were in Crimea Published time: April 17, 2014 09:28

Russian President Vladimir Putin has acknowledged that Russian troops were present in Crimea before the referendum and argued that was necessary to let Crimeans make the choice on the future of the region.

The armed men in military uniform without insignia, dubbed “the little green men” or “the polite people,” who were present in Crimea before and during the referendum there, were Russian troops, Vladimir Putin acknowledged speaking at a Q&A session with on Thursday. The president said he never concealed the fact from his foreign counterparts, and explained to them that it was the only way to ensure the referendum on the region’s status would be carried out peacefully.

“Crimean self-defense forces were of course backed by Russian servicemen,” Putin said. “They acted very appropriately, but as I’ve already said decisively and professionally.”

Putin had to touch upon the Crimea topic multiple times throughout his Q&A session. He emphasized that Russia did not acquire Crimea by force, but created, with the help of its special forces, conditions for Crimeans to decide upon their own future.

"It was impossible in any other way to ensure the open, honest and decent way for people to express their opinion," the president said.

He explained that measures taken by Russia in Crimea prevented the situation there from developing the way it does now in the south and east of Ukraine.

We had to do it, the president said, so that “there would be no tanks, no nationalist military units and heavily armed people with radical views.”

Putin said 20,000 Ukrainian troops were in the peninsular at the time of the referendum. Besides there were large stockpiles of weapons, including 38 S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems.

“We had to protect people from even the slightest possibility of weapons being used against civilians,” the president said.

Putin said that Russia never planned any military actions in Crimea.

“Nothing was prepared in advance. Everything was done on the spur of the moment, so to speak, in accordance with the developing situation and with what the moment demanded. But everything was carried out really in a highly professional way.”

At the beginning of his televised call-in with the nation Putin dismissed as “nonsense” allegations that there were Russian troops in the turbulent east of Ukraine.

"All the people that are in the eastern Ukraine are local residents,” Putin said. “And the main proof is that they've taken their masks off - literally. It's their home, and they have nowhere to leave to".

Amazing since nothing in his statements at this press conference even mentioned Ukraine joining NATO, as he claimed recently as his reason for invading Ukraine and illegally annexing Ukrainian territory. The lies above revolve around "protecting Ethnic Russians" so they can "vote".

I am curious how the Pro Russians will try and spin this one since the contradiction / lies come directly from Putin's own mouth.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Ukraine was never an official country and especially on boundaries created after 1991.

You would be wrong. So wrong that even Russia and Putin does not support this position.

I am assuming you are using this justification since all the others given have been debunked and proven as Putin lying. If you wish to go down this road then we should look at what makes up Russia as a whole and support those regions who don't wish to be a part of Russia who have no choice because Russian is militarily occupying them. Just as Russia did after the 2nd world war.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Has there been any updates on the Chemical weapons claim? Of course not because Russia just got caught lying about it. They fabricated the incident and used footage from Iraq in 2004.

Russia Claims Ukraine Used Chemical Weapons—Then Apologizes

On June 12, two Russian journalists dropped a bombshell. They reported on a Moscow-based TV station that the Ukrainian government had used white phosphorus gas, a chemical weapon, on civilians during “anti-terrorist operations” in the insurgent stronghold of Slaviansk in eastern Ukraine.

Russian officials immediately called for an investigation, and went as far as to draft a resolution asking the United Nations to condemn and prohibit Kiev’s use of such incendiary weapons.

But as it turns out, the journalists’ claims were entirely fabricated.

In a rare act of contrition, the TV station Zvezda, which is the media arm of the Russian Defense Ministry, reportedly sent an apology letter last week to a Ukrainian TV network owned by President Petro Poroshenko. The letter expressed regret for the false accusations. (Russia Today, frequently cited as the propaganda arm of the Kremlin, has yet to apologize for parroting the claim. Other outlets that published the charges as fact include the Voice of Russia and ITAR-TASS.)

White phosphorus is most notorious for being the gas that Saddam Hussein used against Kurds in Iraq. The Syrian government dropped it in at least four urban areas in 2012, according to Human Rights Watch. The chemical is defined as an incendiary weapon under the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons for its ability to burn through skin and even into deep tissue. Both the CCW and Geneva Convention forbid use of the gas. (Its use in a military context—which is what the U.S. claims it did in Iraq in 2004, when it used the gas as a smokescreen to hide troop movements—is not forbidden.)

Initial video reports published by Russian media used footage from Iraq to back up its claims. “So far all video that has been shown by the Russian media has been debunked as being from Iraq,” Ukraine analyst James Miller tells Vocativ via email. Miller is also managing editor at The Interpreter, a website that translates Russian-language media for English-speaking audiences. “The Interpreter has contacted a group of weapons experts,” he added. “We are unaware of any credible evidence that white phosphorus was ever used.”

The Ukrainian Independent Information Agency reported that the two Russian journalists behind the initial story “acknowledged that while working in [Ukraine]…almost all the information they released was fictional.” Their orders for such false reports came from their editors in Moscow, UNIAN says.

While many Russian media outlets reported the white phosphorus “news” using footage from Iraq in 2004, the pro-Kremlin outlet LifeNews showed different footage. Arms researchers from Human Rights Watch viewed the video and concluded it was also not evidence of a white phosphorus or incendiary attack.

Click link to read the rest of Russia being caught lying about chemical weapons use in Ukraine.

For those who aren't going to bother doing any other research since it goes against Russia -

Phosphorous can be used during military encounters but are extremely restrictive. The accepted UN use is to -
A - Create a smoke screen to allow military units to mask their movement.
B - Used as an aerial burst for illumination during low light conditions.

The Palestinians attempted to blame Israel for the exact same thing Russia accused Ukraine of doing, and in that case, as well as this one, the claim was not supported by the facts.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
More news but creepy ones...

I give you the headline and before you say its propaganda, the article also contains chat between the officials!

No human mind reaches: Ukrainians accomplices - Russian-speaking slaughtered by western doctors to sell their organs.

And what the article discribes is, after each bombing or shooting, the ukraine military cruise the area and collects injured, then they move them to take their organs.

link

edit on 7-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Interesting... Even more so when the first paragraph contains -

No human mind arrives at what happened and apokalytpontai in southeastern Ukraine. The details of the horrific circuit action commanded by politicians of the Kiev Government skinhead, spearheaded by former MP and defense lawyer of Timoshenko, Sergey Blasenko Gioylias bagged the human bodies of wounded and dead Russian-speaking southeastern Ukraine shudder.

Skinheads aka Neo Nazi's aka the company line Pro Russians have bene using to reference the government in Kiev, when in fact only 35 members of the Ukraine Parliament, out of 450, are of the nationalist party (Russia's Duma contains 50+ members of their nationalist party however I noticed pro Russians seem to ignore that fact).

There is no reference as to who the reporter is.
There is no dated information as to when this supposedly occurred and by that specific dates that can be used as investigative material.

The manner the article is written has just enough detail to get people to keep reading yet lacks anything to support the claims other than hacked accounts, a person said this, a person said that, claimed by this doctor, in Germany...

Organ donation comments referring Germany AKA square one for the Neo Nazi movement.

There is nothing in the article that is remotely believable.

O I hackers broke the account codes vk (Russian fb) of lawyer Sergei Slabenko, as there were related information by February and revealed the conversations of the three parties involved in the exchange of private messages.

Hacked accounts by Russia?

Please - You guys are more intelligent than this.

Use of chemical weapons by Ukraine - No traction.
Now we are using mass slaughter and sale of Organs against Ukraine.

I cant wait to see what the next desperate play is by the Pro Russians.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The western msn never apologizes for the #e they churn out, in Syria when they accused Assad of using them and then it turned out to be the "rebels" no apologies made just swept away, why is it acceptable for one side to do it and not the other?

edit on 7-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

The western msn never apologizes for the #e they churn out, in Syria when they accused Assad of using them and then it turned out to be the "rebels" no apologies made just swept away, why is it acceptable for one side to do it and not the other?

Actually you need to read all the UN reports to date. Of the 15 incidents occurring in 2013 in Syria for claims of chemical weapons use, the bulk seemed to have been created by the rebels. I say bulk, and not all, because the investigations also showed Syrian government units also used chemical weapons.

So the western media was in fact correct.

Secondly in the case of Syria, Chemical weapons were in fact used. The issue was determining who used them.

In this case the claim and accusations were a flat out lie by Russia, which they admitted to. Not to mention Russian state media reporting the same lie, which again goes back to the argument about how Russian media is nothing but a stenographer for the Russian government.

No chemical weapons were used in Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I think ur translator is wrong, there is no skinhead word in the paragraph. I could translate it, but whats the point? Even a faulty translator can give you an idea. Probably the translator the word NEONAZI (neo nazi) translates it as skinhead.

the word neo = new (modern nazis) and guess what, the western doctors they speak about, are germans.. old nazis

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I used Bing translate, as other on the opposite side of the fence have done.. If you guys are going to post foreign articles while stating they are saying one thing, it would be nice to have a translated copy to verify.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: sosobad

Actually you need to read all the UN reports to date. Of the 15 incidents occurring in 2013 in Syria for claims of chemical weapons use, the bulk seemed to have been created by the rebels. I say bulk, and not all, because the investigations also showed Syrian government units also used chemical weapons.

So the western media was in fact correct.

Secondly in the case of Syria, Chemical weapons were in fact used. The issue was determining who used them. In this case the claim and accusations were a flat out a lie by Russia, which they admitted to. Not to mention Russian state media reporting the same lie, which again goes back to the argument about how Russian media is nothing but a stenographer for the Russian government.

Kind of like the flat out lies of WMD's in Iraq made up by the US government and carried like a war banner by the msm? You want to hold Russia and RT to unexpectedly high standards that you let your own country slide with so you can feign outrage.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Well, translators are not always perfect... I will translate you the first paragraph, dont ask me to much, because I am also dyslexic.

Ok, bellow is a much more accurate translation

"No human mind reaches at what happened and revealed in southeastern Ukraine. The details of the horrific actions (of this group of people) commanded by politicians of the Kiev Government, spearheaded by former MP and defense lawyer of Timoshenko, Sergey Blasenko Gioylias, that bagged (make profit, emporium) the human organs of wounded and dead Russian-speaking southeastern Ukraine shudder."

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Wikileaks confirmed the existence of WMD's in Iraq their chief. Nice try.

The UN resolutions wording for Iraq was no wmds - no, none, not an ounce of, cant have period etc etc etc.

Turns out they did. Way to try and shift though when the initial claim you made was incorrect.

By the way the higher standard for Russia and RT would simply be to stop lying. That "standard" apparently is only impossible / to high of for Russia?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Uhm.. ok.. what you just posted is exactly what the translation gave me, with the exception of where you inserted your own "group of people, as opposed to using the translation, which was skinhead.

So the translator got it right with the exception of that one word?

I am not buying it.

however, I will at least say thank you for engaging me in that issue and trying to assist in resolving it.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: baburak

Don't live near people that are trying to destroy the country through insurgency...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I dont know how u call a group of people, that makes a serial crime (all the time), u have gang, but its not accurate. Its my english, so I used group of people. The word circuit is correct? I think that is electronics

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Wikileaks confirmed the existence of WMD's in Iraq their chief. Nice try.

The UN resolutions wording for Iraq was no wmds - no, none, not an ounce of, cant have period etc etc etc.

Turns out they did. Way to try and shift though when the initial claim you made was incorrect.

If they were there they would have been paraded around for months like a victory, why weren't they? Because they weren't found, Saddam or his family couldn't escape Iraq but you believe that tons of WMD's got moved without a trace, lol yeah right. Screw wikileaks, if there was proof why wasn't it shown? Russia didn't use this as an excuse to do anything, it was reported and retracted by the original source but you just want to show false outrage because of those damn commies eh. Where is your "outrage" against your own government and media for doing the exact same thing but with hundreds of thousands dead?
edit on 7-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IamTheManWithThePlan

An American who is smart enough to know a propagandist when I read one.
You may fool some of these sheep, but not this ram.

Violate the sovereignty of any nations borders with insurgents who try to legitimize with referendums and such and you have chaos.
Sort of like when the south tried to break off...for their own selfish interests...
;and lets not forget that the gem here is Crimea...
Talk Cossack smack all you want, but the truth comes down to the sovereignty of the land, and the will and right of the majority over it....
edit on 7-7-2014 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Nice lie there as such there are videos and information to disprove your claims there.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
the word neo = new (modern nazis) and guess what, the western doctors they speak about, are germans.. old nazis

wow, that one is very offensive.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Ironic who quickly the western MSM becomes a source to use in this incident you bring up. In case you forgot the MSM did not like the war nor did they like Bush. The information from wikileaks showed the wmds were located shortly after to 2003 invasion. So you really expect the MSM to announce WMD's were found, there by justifying Bush and his action? Had the American MSM done that then Obama never would have been elected.

You brought up Iraq and WMD's not me.

As for the "fals outrage" when are you guys going to get it through your thick skulls that you need to refute the facts claimed with facts instead of attacking the poster. As humorous as it is when you guys do it, its getting old.

While you attempt to defend Putin, I am pointing out that they made a claim that was a lie manufactured by them and got caught, which is the reason for the retraction. It is nothing more than another lie used by putin to try and justify his illegal invasion of Ukraine.

I am sorry you are unable to see that.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join