It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So you admit that those pills you are begging for are toxic and you want everyone to pay for your toxic chemicals?

Yep. And we think that Chemo should be covered and all other medication that may have "side effects". As well, the religious righties can keep their paws off our sodas, candy, fast food french fries, cigarettes, booze and medical weed too!

edit on Tue Jul 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

lol
I am beyond menopause don't need birth control at the moment and won't need the toxic chemicals unless something comes up that requires it

You aren't paying any my medical bills and unless I am forced into seeking medical care (either for an actual physical problem that pops us or mental health because the enforcers think that I am crazy for refusing such treatment on the grounds that I just can't afford it there wont be any bill! No medical insurance either!!!

There is not really an "entitlement mindset"
But the decision itself if you read one of the opinions seems to open the door for even more join the "entitlement group"!!

I think this is only one aspect of the decision that is based on faulty logic. The gov't and it's funding is the true solution to problems!

Another one is that birth control isn't as necessary a health care need for women as other medical care is another!

Another problem is how people are seeing that people who are paying money for an insurance product are getting the coverage for free when they do get them!

They aren't!

I never denied that the pill was dangerous along with many other drugs! When I broke my ankle the excuse the doctors came up with it must of been bone deteriorization. The just didn't want to me when I told them the foot was really quite dead halfway through the step and wasn't functioning which seems to be more of a nerve problem but anyhoo the doctor perscribed me something to strengthen the bones it was probably the easiest diagnosis and treatment he could think of. So well after putting up with the side effects of the pill for awhile I did a little reading about the drug Yes the drug causes reflux and all that good stuff a too acidic stomach would cause. To treat this the doctors would perscribe an antacid.
can you guess what antacids cause??
The cause the bone deteriorizations!
Nice little cycle don't ya think!!
I didn't believe the problem was in my bones so I stopped humoring the doctor by taking the drug when I found this out.. I decided that the perks was not worthy of the risk!

But it was my choice to make. Just like every women probably goes through a similar thought process when they go on birth control.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hobby Lobby Employees are generally rather happy with the company
Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews
Out of five stars -

Job/Work Life Balance - 3 1/2 stars
Compensation/Benefits - 3 stars
Job Security - 3 Stars
Management - 3 Stars
Job Culture - 4 Stars

Comments and ratings by employes found at the link

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

That is a good point and one I did not think of, thanks for pointing it out! Employers can choose what they want to offer to a point. The minimum requirements have been raised with the ACA. Whether we like the ACA or not doesn't really matter at this point. Yes it's flawed etc, etc...but it is the law of the land no matter how many times Republicans on the hill want to "vote" to defund it...I think we're up to 54?

Still (IMO) it does open up the possibility of corporations refusing to offer insurance coverage that doesn't jibe with their religious beliefs. Also coupled with Citizens United this could open up to outright discrimination based on the business owners beliefs be they Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Scientologist or whatever.

To me this isn't as much about religious freedom or the ACA as much as it is about corporate person-hood. Citizens U opened up Pandora's box and we're seeing the repercussions with this.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: seabag

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I will never go to a Hobby Lobby again. And I just might join a protest.

I'm with you, BH.

I'll only go to Michael's from here on out. And I know plenty who will do the same.

I think I might pack up the family and do some shopping at Hobby Lobby tonight!! After some quick dinner at Chick-fil-A of course!!

Pack up the family? What do you do put them in boxes?

That depends on how they act...

Actually, its just my southern vocab on display....sorry!

edit on 1-7-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: butcherguy
you want the privilege to ingest toxic chemicals to avoid impregnating women also at no cost??
I don't really think you do. And well are there any drugs on the market that enable you to?? No??? That's probably because it's the men (who really don't want that responsibility placed on them) that have been the main players to bringing them to market!

You do not address the real point.

By the ACA guidelines, women have CONDOMS paid for by insurance, men do not. This is mandated by the government rules.
My point has nothing to do with ingesting chemicals.... it has to do with a rubber membrane stretched around a penis. Women get them paid for, men do not.
If I may remind you, women do not have penises. They may own them, but the don't have one attached to them.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: butcherguy

Everything that I have heard coming from legal people says that if a closely held company finds religious objection to any birth control methods other than those four listed in the suit, they will have to go to court to have their claim upheld.

Not true. SCOTUS ruled that ALL birth control falls into the exempted category. Not just those 4 methods. Employers, that qualify, will not have to to go to court again to deny birth control, any birth control coverage.

I am not finding that anywhere. The legal beagles on the talking head shows are saying differently.

Source please!

The Supreme Court delivered a blow to universal birth control coverage on Monday, ruling that closely-held corporations can refuse to cover contraception in their health plans for religious reasons.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

SCOTUS did not review which methods can or can't be denied. They ALL can be denied if the employers sincerely believes they oppose his/her religious views. That includes Catholics, who oppose ALL forms of birth control.

I don't see anything that you are saying in the article.
edit on bu312014-07-01T11:35:43-05:0011America/ChicagoTue, 01 Jul 2014 11:35:43 -050011u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
By the ACA guidelines, women have CONDOMS paid for by insurance, men do not. .

That's a really good point. Men could challenge Obamacare as being sexist.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well.....that would be racist.......................or bigoted.................or sexist............You just hate women, hate 0bama and are a homophobe.

Did you know this is all Bush's fault.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I can't believe some of the nonsense in this thread. Everything from "war on women" to, "oh no, a company is forcing me to not have birth control". Are you people for real? This is completely insane, it's not even possible to have a logical discussion anymore. This is such a small issue, leave it to bat # insane progressives to freak out and blow everything out of proportion all because a business doesn't want to pay for 4 pills.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So Hobby Lobby sits on moral high ground when it comes to paying for birth control..really the morning after pill and I.U.D.s(lets see how far it will go now with this ruleing)..But they dont mind buying all their goods from a country that forces women to have abortions..nice high ground there and pretty hypocritical.
We ALL pay for sh#t we dont want to..its part of being in a society..get over it or move to the hills.
edit on 1-7-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I didn't see any citation from you refuting the claim. Do you think that the 5 Catholic men, on the Supreme Court, are responsible for a ruling that discriminates against Catholic employers with objections? Is this ruling for protestant fundies only?

Nope. This ruling allows for the denial of any and all birth control by a qualified employer.

edit on 1-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That's a really good point. Men could challenge Obamacare as being sexist.

And, they should! Vasectomies and their reversals should be covered too. In my opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I didn't see any citation from you refuting the claim. Do you think that the 5 Catholic men, on the Supreme Court, are responsible for a ruling that discriminates against Catholic employers with objections? Is this ruling for protestant fundies only?

Nope. This ruling allows for the denial of any and all birth control by a qualified employer.

www.nbcnews.com...

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Well.....that would be racist.......................or bigoted.................or sexist............You just hate women, hate 0bama and are a homophobe.

Did you know this is all Bush's fault.

You know what, martyr whining is getting old. Maybe there's a pill for it that's covered?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Vasectomies and their reversals should be covered too.

Are tubal ligations covered? If so ... then so should the vasectomies.
Otherwise it's not equal. Does anyone know???

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I agree. Maybe you should first talk to the Progressives here, that use those same statements any chance they get.

edit on 1-7-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wasn't it a democrat who turned republican to get elected, then back to democrat in New York that tried to take away the sodas and french fries and raised the tax on cigarettes to 10 bucks a pack?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes they are.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

www.webmd.com...

Which types of birth control are free? Birth control methods that are covered by this requirement of the Affordable Care Act include any that are approved by the FDA: Birth control patch Birth control pills Birth control ring (NuvaRing) Birth control shot (Depo-Provera) Cervical cap Contraceptive implant Diaphragm IUD Permanent contraception methods, such as tubal ligation, often called "getting your tubes tied" Emergency contraception (Plan B, Ella, and Next Choice) Your plan may also cover over-the-counter birth control, but you will need a prescription from your doctor if you want it to be covered without out-of-pockets costs.

According to most sources including the above that I have seen the only birth control covered in the aca is for females. Including tubal ligation.
edit on 1-7-2014 by drivers1492 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join