It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Me? or are you really a bunch of star whores.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I seen it Jacy, i don't mean to ignore you. I'm actually working backwards from the end of the page.
I actually gave all the contributors stars in this thread (including yours) Last night, unless they were totally off topic.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

I seen it Jacy, i don't mean to ignore you. I'm actually working backwards from the end of the page.
I actually gave all the contributors stars in this thread (including yours) Last night, unless they were totally off topic.

Thanks hun, but I don't care about the stars.

You are working backwards from the end of the page....I think a lot of people do that.
But as members keep replying, the end keeps changing.
I think that is why replies get missed....no stars, no mention.

What I was trying to point out, was how you just basically did to me...what you are complaining about with this thread.

I don't want stars, I too want to be acknowledged for my participation (or really awesome ideas, lol).

And...I honestly don't mean this in a bad way. Just an observation.

jacy
edit on 28-6-2014 by jacygirl because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I see your point. Its not the best way to handle the thread.

I'm also getting picky choosey when it comes to answering posts. seems like i am repeating myself over and over because people are too lazy/busy to read my content in its entirety before posting.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: shaneslaughta

May I offer a suggestion?

The next time you author a thread, invite some people via U2U to read, comment on it. It's actually done quite regularly here.

I get a few to a dozen invites a week, on average.

Cheers.

beez

Now I'm butt-hurt...

Nobody ever ask me to read their thread.

Well, have a great weekend everyone but me.

I wouldn't worry...I don't mean to insult but that sounds so needy to me. Asking others to come see and comment on my thread.

I am sure you are a fine poster. Just post your thoughts and let them stand on their own feet. I see two possibilities here and I will pick on myself

I make a thread and nobody answers

1. My thread wasn't as good as I thought...in which case I need to refine

2. It's a popularity contest...in which case I really don't care if anyone responds

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I understand completely.

When I author a thread or post replies, this is how I 'continue' when I return to the site.

I click on the button for 'my posts', and when the list appears...I right click each of my current (last) replies, and open them in different tabs.
Then, I read everything that has been written since my last post.
Then I start with first reply after my last reply, and answer a few people at a time, until I'm caught up.

Yes it's time consuming, but this is the method that helps me to NOT miss anyone's response.
jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I will give that a shot. Ive always wondered what tricks people use here to keep a nice consistent flow to threads.
Some get so big and so hectic in a hurry.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Is It Me? or are you really a bunch of star whores.

Yes I am.....

I'm a whore for all things meaningless and trivial!!!

Got any cyber cookies?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What I've noticed is that the right wing conservative movement on ATS is currently at the top of the heap.

ATS isn't right wing. It's not left wing. It's mostly anti-establishment. At the present time the democrats are in the White House so they are getting the brunt of the negative comments. When Bush43 was in the White House, the comments were all anti-Bush and anti-Republican. If Christie gets in, the posts will all be anti-Christie and anti-Republican. If Hillary gets in, they will be anti-Hillary and anti-Democrat.

Eventually all the right wingers will be mods and they will wreak havoc on anyone disagreeing with them.

That's exceptionally silly.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Here you are.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You might not like it, but it helps me stay organized, lol.

I have also noticed that the crowd here is different on the weekends, and some threads seem to die off until Monday, when they get brought back to life again.
I don't look at it as a popularity contest though. Maybe the thread has some loyal participants who want to keep it going, and the weekenders can't be bothered if it's already pages long.

Some members are popular simply because they're known for writing good stuff. Some are experts, some do lots of research...some have an amusing way of writing.
I respect and like a lot of people here who don't even know I exist!

jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I guess i still have a lot of learning to do. I never stop, i just wish i could do it at an expedited pace.

I think im going to go work on my short story some more and hone my skills.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I always support someone writing, so definitely go for it!
Just don't think that you need to 'hone your skills'...there is nothing wrong with your writing.

Timing has a lot to do with it.
You could write the most profound thread ever...but if the 'right' people aren't here at the time (meaning the ones who would be most interested)...it could easily be overlooked.

Don't forget, this site is international...all different time zones...even different seasons, lol. Some of us who are now experiencing summer, aren't online as much as we are during the winter.

I guess I'm trying to tell you NOT to take it personally. There can be an infinite number of reasons to explain why we get overlooked here at times....the least likely is that you're not liked, or your writing is inadequate.
Have more faith in your own abilities, and keep participating!!
jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Eventually all the right wingers will be mods and they will wreak havoc on anyone disagreeing with them.

That's exceptionally silly.

All the stars you received for that post proves my point. I have gotten u2u's threatening...."wait till I'm a MOD"

Just as i take seriouly the u2u threat..."I'll stick your keyboard so far up your *** you will **** semi colons" pretty clever though.

edit on 28-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You realise, do you not, that the sort of person who is prone to sending U2Us which threaten future action when they become moderators, are unlikely in the extreme to ever attain such a position?

That sort of behaviour is clearly unacceptable of course, and worth contacting a current moderator about. I can think of no scenario in which a member sending threatening or abusive U2U messages would not be pretty severely reprimanded as a result.

Also, although it is never nice to receive such communications, the example you gave involving a keyboard, and it's forced interaction with ones lower digestive tract, made me giggle.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

You realise, do you not, that the sort of person who is prone to sending U2Us which threaten future action when they become moderators, are unlikely in the extreme to ever attain such a position?

That sort of behaviour is clearly unacceptable of course, and worth contacting a current moderator about. I can think of no scenario in which a member sending threatening or abusive U2U messages would not be pretty severely reprimanded as a result.

Also, although it is never nice to receive such communications, the example you gave involving a keyboard, and it's forced interaction with ones lower digestive tract, made me giggle.

I'm aware of the reality. The internet is full of empty threats, however I'm not one to "tattle" except in post that are exceptionally abusive to others and I'm really growing fond of the cyber cookies I receive when I send in a complaint, cyber chocolate chip are my favorite; it's the official cookie of the unofficial group..... "people like you"....yum yum!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Get used to it. I've been here for years and have never been spoken to by anyone. not even that time I found a snail/plant sitting in front of a truck/bear on mars. That's why I maybe comment once a year and will never start a post. Them ignoring me is much better than them berating me and telling me I need mental help like they do to other people. I gave you a star. And I expect no one to reply to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Angel Marie

Hi Angel Marie,
You can't expect to be known here, when you've only post 6 times since you joined.

I was invisible until I started actively participating.
Being berated is almost like initiation, lol. You know you're being heard when someone disagrees with you!

You have just as much right as any other member to be here.
I have met some really awesome people on this site. Don't be shy...give it a try!
jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Angel Marie
And I expect no one to reply to me.

Damn your reverse psychology you brigand!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join