It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Me? or are you really a bunch of star whores.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
To claim you don't have any care in regards to the amount of stars you receive is both false, and a misleading.

The wording of your statements, the very title of this thread, and general nature of this entire topic clearly suggest the number of stars you have is important to you. What I find amusing is the sheer amount of more important topics you could have chosen to start a thread over, yet you made the effort for this one... about stars... on a forum.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I didn't star this thread. So...HA!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Is it just me or are the people on this site a bunch of fakes posting on multiple accounts to make it look like the majority side with their views?

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I have literally seen a reply of "ummmm no" garner a dozen stars. It's crap like that that makes me doubt the legitimacy of the flag and star system. Plus I've noticed if someone already has 10's of thousands of stars, their star-struck googly-eyed fan boys star up every post of theirs regardless of how inane or off topic it is. (There was even a thread where the OP openly admitted ignoring posts from people who didn't have loads of stars, ridiculous)

I'd like to see them implement something like facebook's "likes". When people "like" a post on there you can see every single person who did

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

1 - Anyone who would send that kind of U2U would never be picked to be a moderator.

2 - If anyone ever sends you a U2U like that, you need to notify the moderators at this site .... send an alert about the U2U ... so the offender can be dealt with.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: olaru12

1 - Anyone who would send that kind of U2U would never be picked to be a moderator.

2 - If anyone ever sends you a U2U like that, you need to notify the moderators at this site .... send an alert about the U2U ... so the offender can be dealt with.

If you send a U2U that contains any kind of threat.

They are not kidding around. They will take action.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What I've noticed is that the right wing conservative movement on ATS is currently at the top of the heap.
Star and flagging anything even remotely reminiscent of Rush Limbaugh .
Eventually all the
right wingers will be mods and they will wreak havoc on anyone disagreeing with them.

For flags and stars, post about gun rights, anti gay, anti obama, or just about anything macho with a tough guy approach.
Also an avatar with the constitution, flag, guns, military guys or rabbits seem to help in the quest for stars is what I've noticed.

Another way to get lots of stars and flags is to become a "debunker" any thing concerning ufo or the paranormal; just use the
phrase "it's a rock, japanese lanterns, birds or swampgas" and invoke the holy name of Phage, that's usually good for a few stars. Also calling the OP a hippy, newage communist works quite well.

I like stars. I get so many warnings and point deductions; I can use all the help I can get.

Absolutely spot on..... ATS is ridiculous in this regard, it's sad.
edit on 28/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ATS isn't right wing. It's not left wing. It's mostly anti-establishment.

I disagree. The President is a democrat, he does not represent ALL of the "establishment". The Right controls the house. Threads against republicans die out quick, threads against democrats get go on and on and on

Yeah. Obama's a dick.

That's an entire post on another active thread. Any "no one line post" warnings? nope, any flag against the language? Nope There was a whole thread saying Michelle Obama looks like she used to be a man, tons of flags and stars, never shut down. When people like you and the other 3 or 4 posters who start ALL these threads start putting down Repubs and stop defending them in every thread about them, then I and others may start to believe this isn't a right wing site.

On top of that, Boehner, Ryan and Mccain are ALL dicks

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hello, Well I just shoot my mouth off and if I get a response, good or bad, so be it ..... I say what I have to say and move on while some people need that affirmation that someone is listening.... or need to argue a point which I do quite often on other boards.....

To me it all about enlightenment and expanding my thought process because we as one person can't think of all the possibilities because we are limited by ourselves while together as a group we are much more intelligent because of our combined experiences.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

tips and tricks for getting stars on ats volume 1: so you want to be a caricature?

pick one avatar and stick with it (something easily recognizable based on either something cute or subject matter your target demographic enjoys)
pick a target demographic to align yourself with
make any given topic about x (where x is current dislike of your target demographic)
be extreme and vocal
acquire an obscene post count
DO NOT BREAK CHARACTER
DO NOT ADMIT MISTAKE

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think I know why.
If you tell people the unwanted truths long enough
they will learn to ignore such stressor and subconsciousnesly don't like you enough to give you any merit.
Even when they agree or laugh aloud something will prevent them to give you this cookie.
They may didn't like a rant about gays or god or abortion or whatever you had years ago. Now they just feel they don't like you and they may don't know why anymore.
Avatar change could take away such karma
but it could be the question of honor in some cases to change the coat because of others

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I like handing them out to people that don't contribute to the quality of the thread and or attacking me with stupidity all the while blessing my thread by bumping it up. That way anyone paying any close attention to what I'm doing can get smacked in the mouth when they go to ignore quality to star complete trash.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I still didn't star this thread...but I received one!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
But the stars keep me warm

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I kind of see what you're saying. I see some reply's with a lot of stars that are simply one sentence long that don't really move the thread in a forward position. And of course sometimes you're going to see people star another person, not exactly because what they said is valid, or even logical, but simply because they share the same view/belief that they do. It's kind of like a way to try and establish that their certain viewpoint holds more ground than the other. It just gives the illusion of being "right."

The star system is both good and bad under certain circumstances and perspectives. Which is why I don't really star people all too much. The only time I do is usually when I think to myself "This guy/girl gets it." I wouldn't get too frustrated over it though. I would rather see someone dead right with no stars, compared to someone completely wrong with a load of them. That would start to worry me a bit.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This IS in the rant forum so technically the OP can rant about anything they want.

Even if the topic might seem narcissistic at a glance.

But does the OP have a valid argument? I dont know him so I have no idea what his beliefs are so in regard to the OP if you want constructive feedback ask yourself why you are so obsessed with other peoples opinions about your opinions??

Based on some of the replies by other posters who know your posting style they dont have must positive things to say. But that is another opinion.

good luck with it all.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't give it too much thought or worry, I am sure everyone is reading your posts but you may have the intellect to come across as making sense enough that nobody sees the need to engage you!
I don't get a lot of stars or flags (you got a heck of a lot more than I do!) and a lot might have to do with my so-called conservative avatar. I am open to listen to everyone's posts and respect what most say. I do not like our government but I love our country and if someone (which has happened a lot in the past) wants to attack us Americans for our love of freedom and what our original forefathers fought for I am ready! I do not like what happened to the Indians but I can't change history but my family moved here from Germany (my grt grt grandfather was a Hessian soldier that 'switched' sides and I had ancestors dies in the American Civil War on the Union side fighting for (among other things) freeing the African Americans, therefore I feel some of my arguments have some weight behind them!
If you look at my past posts you will find one that I mentioned "why is stars and flags so important to some people?" I got a lot of good answers from some great people.
Yeah, I see people with 10K plus stars that has been on longer than I have but if you post what you truly believe and not something you think will appeal to the majority I think you will have fewer stars but will actually be more respected.
That's just my humble opinion.
Oh, and a S & F for you to bring it up!
edit on 30-6-2014 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
Its not about the stars so much as the fact that i would like to be acknowledged as a contributing member of this site.

said something along the same lines as the poster below me yet i am totally ignored. Why the hell do my comments and threads never merit even a single star? (Not that i want them) I just like the acknowledgment; that my voice is heard and maybe that there is a single like minded individual on this site.

That's what i want from this thread, constructive feedback on my misguided posts and threads.

Apparently i am not worthy of much conversation and constructive criticism here.

Well, I'm not sure I have ever read one of your posts before this one. That would make it difficult for me to provide feedback, I think.
On the other hand, this post is quite whiny. If your other posts involve you begging for stars, then maybe that's your problem.

But, I'll give you a star, pal.

After all, I (ahem) have plenty.

Harte

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Alright, this seems like a sad attempt for you to get stars, but HEY! Rake'em in while ya can!! I gave you a few.
I give someone a star anytime I agree with them. I guess it's nice to know that there's like-minded people around and that's what stars are, I guess. And I think someone would have to be a sad individual to create different accounts and star themselves, but I bet it goes on....

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

it started going down hill a couple of years ago. there's one thread in particular that makes me question the people on this site. it's not all people, but those few people. those few people.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join