It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old gets a year in prison for "baconizing" mosque

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It IS a hate crime. Ask, "Why bacon? Why not chicken?" Because Muslims don't even want to touch pork. It was designed to incense Muslim sensibilities. They probably would have gotten more time here.

And to top it off these two were associated with a known UK hate group, renown for using violence and intimidation.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Enough with the "Brits have bad teeth thing please".
Just because we don't go cosmetic un natural teeth doesn't mean they are not some of the most healthy teeth around.

www.economist.com...

So we have the best.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Enough with the "Brits have bad teeth thing please".
Just because we don't go cosmetic un natural teeth doesn't mean they are not some of the most healthy teeth around.

www.economist.com...

So we have the best.

I dont know I think it funny. come on we get to laugh at the yanks for certain thing, let them have the teeth

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Haha true!
Regarding the two in this case though, I'm assuming neither of them work so there is no excuse for skanky teeth when they can get the work done free by a nice Eastern European NHS dentist...I haven't been treated by a British dentist for years, do we actually still have any or did they all go private?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Just because they are not all fake and white and a little crooked doesn't mean they are not healthy teeth.

Oh and mine is a Brit from Newcastle she has a right cleavage and she always tells me not to look lol.
Rum bugger she is

Oh and back to the topic

Yeah wrong but not worth a year inside.
Anyone else find it a little funny btw?.
edit on 21-6-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A year does seem a touch heavy handed, but there's a fair chance they ultimately deserve it.

Ive been to this Mosque a bunch of times. Im not of any religious persuasion, but the mosque is located close to Bristo Square, which is a local skate spot I frequented when I was a bit younger.

The Mosque does a great curry for cheap, and the people there were very friendly and welcoming. Pretty sure they also gave the food away to those that couldn't afford it as well, including me on 1 occasion!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Isn't that caused by consumption of boiled meat?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

My dentist is British. She does private and NHS.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

OMG, here in germany, in my childhood, we put dogsh*t in paperbags, set in on fire in front of homes of not so nice people, rang the bell, run and had a good laugh...
LIFE SENTENCE!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BRDAKUT

We used to do that until I did it to my dad and he heard me giggling in the bushes one of the best beatings I ever received.
edit on 21-6-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Mine is a little honey from Lithuania, I'd marry her if she asked me after the magic she has performed in my mouth recently lol

*On-topic, agreed, jail costs money and doesn't rehabilitate usually so a community service order would appear more sensible. Who knows what previous they had though, and the stupid cow pleaded not guilty which the courts never like when you obviously did the crime.

Regarding the funny bit, yes I chuckled when I read it first but that is more because I imagined two stupid chavs making a stupid decision after getting pissed up on cheap cider or whatever...I also find the whole taking offence faith/gods thing a bit ridiculous as something to consider a crime so feel it should have just been treated as vandalism/littering or some other minor thing along those lines.
...but turning up at court dressed as a scruffy skank was never gonna help her case, too lazy to borrow something more formal for the day, no sympathy from me.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BRDAKUT

OMG, here in germany, in my childhood, we put dogsh*t in paperbags, set in on fire in front of homes of not so nice people, rang the bell, run and had a good laugh...
LIFE SENTENCE!!!

If you were doing it as part of a Neo NAZI group like these thugs you likely would.......

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

They were given the harsh sentence so nobody could say they were racist or intolerant. They fear retaliation.

Here's the thing ?

Religion isn't about race.

It is a choice people make.

As everyone is well aware that Islam has no borders.

Thus no single race.

It was a harsh sentence for no reason at all.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

While I deplore the act by those two and especially so with the recent murder of the Saudi Arabian student Nahid Almanea in Chelmsford the sentence shows yet again how upside down the law and sentencing is in the UK.

People get away with murder in the UK (literally) yet other offences get disproportionate jail times, it really is a shambles.

Hate crime should be punished but the punishment should be appropriate so as to identify to the public that the act was a criminal one and to deter would be offenders.

All this does is create more resentment and hate and I wonder if that was the reason (at a subversive level).

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

These are why us normal Brits call chavs. they are the white trash of the UK. Likely they have a full rap sheet of anti social behavior charges and are known to the local police. In fact Ul put money on it. Normal law abiding Brits do not associate with the EDL or SDL. These groups are as extreme and violent as the Muslim groups they oppose. There are known to violently, incite riots attack people, destroy property and send death threats. They are basically on edge of being deemed a terrorist organization themselves and rightly so. In fact I have no idea why they havent already, they use violence and intimidation to spread there views, that to me is the definition of terrorists.

We call them geekers, that guy looks like a meth head for sure.. agreed

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I don't think Meth has caught on over here just a smack head.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: chr0naut

Now that its been tainted...they would have to re-consecrate the mosque (in their way)...and even so, many prob wont go in by touching the doors from now on.

The pork, ham, bacon, pig, swine thing is the most appalling thing to them... religiously speaking (no cloven hoofs=Satan, Devil) Way offensive to them....*

*sentence is too harsh. Community (Muslim) Service duty would've been better. Sensitivity training?

Hammer hits the nail head dead on!
RIGHT!! like "sensitivity training"
is going to teach these idiots a damn thing
Getting a big one up the poop shoot might change the guys mind.
Or the girl getting her ass whooped and messed with day in and day out
by the muslim inmate women..

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sick of political correctness. Sick of the fear of racism. What they did was wrong and silly.... But jail?

Sick of this country. I have no respect for the way they treat those who's families were born and raised here. If I could jump ship right now, I would.

If this is too off topic - forgive me:
I have a friend who can't get Job Seekers whilst he ACTIVELY looks for work (he's desperately trying) - He was travelling for 6 months until April (out of the country) but yet, when I signed on for a few weeks last year, I saw THREE people unable to speak english as their "advisers" were on the phone to translators.

Call me racist, but I have no time for it anymore.

The country is done.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Aw, come on folks we call them 'vulnerable people' in the UK now...I stop and chat with a few most days when I walk down the shady 'smugglers steps' off my hill, I even donate the odd can of booze sometimes if I'm in a good mood walking back up from the shop.
I can easily imagine a few I know getting a year+ in prison after a stupid bacon-on-the-mosque stunt, police and the local courts know them all as well. Stuff like that will always influence judge/sheriff/magistrate decisions.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I don't think Meth has caught on over here just a smack head.

Unfortunately it has in a few areas round mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join