It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old gets a year in prison for "baconizing" mosque

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: Restricted
The kid should get a medal.
Yes, intolerance and bigotry is something to be celebrated.

The people on this site never fail to remind me what kind of scum still resides in this world...

Oh wow like Muslims have some really great moral high ground in that department. Have you noticed what the Shiites and Sunnis are doing to each other in Iraq?

Ahhh, yes, the old "there are some bad muslims so it excuses hate of muslims" argument.

Never gets old, or tired.

Well try addressing the very large element of truth in the thing. Even non hostile sects of Muslims look over their shoulder at the fundamentalist and rarely speak out. The truth is some of these blow horn blasting street demonstrating Muslims in Europe are taking orders from sect headquarters back home and do have an agenda. I for one am not going to let my common sense get tripped up by the quick drawling hate accusers.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A year in jail was a little harsh for what they did because putting them in jail isn't going to teach them anything but to hate Muslims more. This should have been their punishment. Give them a bucket of water, soap and a scrub brush and make them scrub the Mosques from top to bottom until it is so clean that it can pass a white glove test. At least this way the taxpayer wouldn't have to foot the bill for housing ignorant racist.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Buster, in fairness to this discussion it looks like they got as much time as they did because they were associated with the Scottish Defense Front. Now here we have some members acting out but the "organizations" biggest crime is daring to speak out from a traditionally Scottish frame of mind. For their trouble they are labeled xenophobic, nationalistic, tribal and racist ect.

Oh but if you are Scottish and favored a self determinative break from the English you are a hero there.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yes it is disrespectful however a year behind bars is overkill. They should have paid for clean up costs and made an apology end of story. What's even crazier is people who believe in imaginary figures of any religion for that matter, not just islam.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Though I disagree that 12 months jail is the right punishment I can only wonder about the mentality of the 39 year old. Hasn't this guy got better things to do than line a Mosque with Bacon? Know what, stuff him, I hope he enjoys his holiday for his stupidity.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Edinburgh would be the last place for me to envision a mosque. This city has one of the best Christmas celebrations in the world. As I mentioned in another unrelated thread....we are living in bizzaro world.
But why waste bacon like that? I had to go without bacon this weekend because my favorite brand was not on sale this week and it went up in price.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The pair were accused of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause fear and alarm.

Threatening? Abusive? Can someone explain what the videos below are then?

^^How many years did those guys get in prison?
edit on 21-6-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I am sorry I don't see anything to respect with the muslim religion. I see muslims pretending to like n on muslims and smiling cheerily but, then also there are the ones who celebrate 9/11. I also think their treatment of women as cattle literally and stoning people, especially women to death, permitting rape by ignoring it and spoiling a woman's reputation is so antiquated its unbelievable that is until you meet people who take full advantage of its beliefs.

Recedntly in the Birmingham schnool scandals - teaching that white women in the UK are prostitutes. Now that in a host country's school needs a prison sentence but I expect the apologists wouldn't like that.

I see the prison sentence as a very bad mistake on the part of the police and governmen t. It is only making growing disenchangment with muslims and their cultural differences, which they cart with them when they come here, as being something that will erupt one day with very bad consequences. Most people here had had quite enough muslim non sense enforced upon them in the name of religious tolerance.

Their Modesty code for women is not a virtue, its simply the act of covering up to protect your skin in the desert and the occasional sandstorm, which is where all the desert religious should have stayed in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Im not being funny but you must be an absolute tool to buy bacon (Very expensive) to then go to a religious building and put it on the door handles, knowing that those religious folk cannot touch it. Why be such a dick? There as bad as the Muslims who call for Jihad and sharia law.

12 Month sentence might help them grow the f**k up.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Give me a break. I took the time to learn the truth about Islam (As a Caucasian living in Australia) and everything that is happening in today's world does not come from the Qu'ran. Don't blame the religion but the people who distort the teachings to make up their own bs which then affects others.

There are deeper meanings to what is written and if you cannot understand or decipher those meanings then don't bother forming an opinion about the religion. Islam at it's purest is a peaceful religion, it's idiot's who bring the religion down and this has happened in all religions.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
ANYONE who participates in this whole my invisible man vs your invisible man bollocks should be forced to undergo a set period of time living life in the shoes of the victims. This dizzy bitch should be put in a mosque and taught what the dreaded muslims are being taught, and vice versa. Maybe when we all see that every establishment is based on control and lies then maybe people will stop pointing fingers at "rag heads" and religious sects.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I dont know.

It goes beyond free speech to vandilism of private property.
Plus he could have a record of crime already and be on his last warning.

Plus his actions could stir up hate and end in a violent confrontation.

Better to nip stuff like this in the bud from both sides before you get a full blown race war.
edit on 21-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 21-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. In the UK to desecrate a place of worship is a hate crime. Subcategories of their offense includes causing alarm and distress, outraging a community and trespass.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This is the weirdest thing ive heard for weeks.

are you remotely serious?

A drive by baconing? Really?

How ridiculous

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I think they deserve a reward, but maybe that's just me.

Numerous people I have spoken to online, who live in the UK, say it's very Muslim in a lot of places these days.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

How ridiculous

Yes but did the kid have a record of Vandalism? This may be his final warning.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Any of you ever heard a Muslim rant about pork? and the folks that eat it?

I haven't personally, but I know someone that has, in, get this, a restaurant. A typical place selling typical American breakfast food. They acted offended that the guy was eating bacon and sausage on an "all you can eat" sort of deal.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Biigs

How ridiculous

Yes but did the kid have a record of Vandalism? This may be his final warning.

seriously if this is the way we are headed as a race we deserve to fail

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Logarock

The farmer started holding pig races during prayer with the SOLE purpose of aggravating the Muslims next door? What an asshat!

The Muslims bought the land knowing his pig farm was next door, and told him he should move. I think that label applies in the other direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join