It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old gets a year in prison for "baconizing" mosque

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
theoretically, putting 2 groups of people together that are so obviously different in world views, and then punishing one more than the other, is the gov trying to manipulate the citizens into attacking the muslims. but maybe not for the reasons you may think. it isn't because the gov cares who their slaves are, it's because of .... wait for it..... wait for it...

agenda 21.

edit on 21-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This is not justice in any way, shape or form. It is merely pandering to the hardcore PC section of our society. The judge should be removed from his position because of his/her abuse of powers. Are we not constantly reminded that we are a tolerant society? Tolerant to whom may I ask? Muslims and their expectations of how our society should be in their opinion? This is madness beyond the fringe.

And before you ask, No, I don't agree with what they did, it's disrespectful to the 'genuine' muslim community. And what I mean by 'genuine' are those that are happy to live in England peacefully and respect 'our' laws and culture without being 'disgusted' by it.

It's true, some people may be disgusted by the sight of bacon but being disgusted by something is a very personal perspective, that is... a faith or ideology cannot make you feel disgust towards something, it's an involuntary reaction. Would anyone argue with that? and that said, who got hurt here? seriously? did this act make millions of muslims puke involuntary on hearing about this?

Come on England, are we seriously this messed up? next we'll be removing the word 'bacon' from the English language for fear it may cause some muslim to puke on hearing the word.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
A year in jail is ignorant and absurd.

It was a stupid and offensive prank. Community service with the mosque would have been much more effective and more appropriate.

Oh ... and I'll add ... what a waste of bacon!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: robbo961

it's agenda 21. the government does not care who ends up being their slaves, they just want fewer slaves. so they are trying to rile up groups against each other. same thing happening in the usa. blacks against whites. hispanics against blacks. hispanics against whites. etc.

agenda 21. it's agenda 21. depopulation.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
A year in jail is ignorant and absurd.

It was a stupid and offensive prank. Community service with the mosque would have been much more effective and more appropriate.

Oh ... and I'll add ... what a waste of bacon!

Yes on the surface.

But this kid may have had a history of anti social crimes.

This could be one of a whole string of offenses that community service and warnings haven't stopped.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

that's why they didn't choose that option. they want the british citizens and the muslims to duke it out . lower the population.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Biigs
This is the weirdest thing ive heard for weeks.

are you remotely serious?

A drive by baconing? Really?

How ridiculous

Yes but did the kid have a record of Vandalism? This may be his final warning.

seriously if this is the way we are headed as a race we deserve to fail

Why?

If you have a long list of anti social offenses that warnings and community service have not fixed what is a magistrate meant to do?

What if they let him off this time and he then goes and spray paint your house?

There are limits to warnings and community orders.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
iraq, same thing. fight to move one group into power. then let that group come back in and slaughter the other. end result, lower population.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
"could have" ... "may have' ....
No mention of that in anything I've read.
If you find it ... then I'll change my position - gladly.

Until then, it looks like a hateful prank and that community service at the mosque would do a heck of a lot more good then a year in jail. Having the perp have to work side by side with everyday muslims would do more to stop future incidents then a year in jail where all the person is going to do is sit there think about the next waste of bacon .... IMHO. Community service would soften the persons hate ... jail would harden it. (again ... IMHO)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Community service would soften the persons hate ... jail would harden it. (again ... IMHO)

precisely. yeeeep.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Well that's the thing. We don't have the right Data to jump up and down and scream "unfair"

But from someone in the UK It rare you would get such a sentence on a first offense. Normally there is a history.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Well that's the thing. We don't have the right Data to jump up and down and scream "unfair"

But from someone in the UK It rare you would get such a sentence on a first offense. Normally there is a history.

the muslim and british citizens are being set up to kill each other when things finally come to a head. this was all planned in advance, which is why every european country now has a nice healthy muslim population, shipped in from afar. creating a crisis of clashing world views. the govs should be ashamed of themselves.
edit on 21-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Wow........and in the other video, they had the police tell someone else they can't videotape? "Do as we say, not as we do." mentality. "Tolerate us while we demand you change" mentality.

The bacon pair deserves a to be rewarded.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

If recall they get asbo's first then if those fail they get shopped .. been awhile since been in that part of the world ..

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Yeah a year seems a lot for a non-violent public order offence. You could be right and there's more to the sentence than we know like past convictions, repeat offences associations with prejudiced activities etc. It can even be influenced by conduct in Court.

Coincidentally, I do know someone who's awaiting trial for a Section 4a affray that includes a religiously aggravated element and that it's taken more seriously by the Courts than a standard affray involving only violence.

By virtue of section 31(1)(b)of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (as amended by the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001), section 4A is capable of being charged as a discrete racially or religiously aggravated offence. Prosecutors should refer to the CPS Guidance on Prosecuting Cases or Racist and Religious Crime, elsewhere in the Legal Guidance.

Racially/religiously aggravated section 4A is an either way offence, with the maximum penalty on indictment being 2 years' imprisonment or a fine or both. The maximum penalty on summary conviction is 6 months' imprisonment or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or both.
CPS Public Order Offences

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

the muslim and british citizens are being set up to kill each other when things finally come to a head. this was all planned in advance, which is why every european country now has a nice healthy muslim population, shipped in from afar. creating a crisis of clashing world views. the govs should be ashamed of themselves.

This seems a little western-centric and 21st Century for you Undo. After all, we both know a little about the passage of time and how history has often been repeated. Would we say that the western incursions into the Middle East 100s of years ago were 'set up?' Could we argue that the Khan's Mongols were 'shipped in?' Or would we, rightly, point out that these historical migrations and conflicts are typically ignited after years and sometimes centuries of other pressures?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well the male in question is part of the Scottish defense league. As we both know people in those sort of groups normally have a long long long string of offices from anti social behavior and violent crime.

For our foreign friends on ATS the English/Scottish defense leagues are our equivalent of NAZI groups and have long history of criminal activity. It not a simple far right political group but a activist group that is know not just for property damage but actual violent offenses too. We are basically talking English KKK here.
edit on 21-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

If recall they get asbo's first then if those fail they get shopped .. been awhile since been in that part of the world ..

Yeah that's normally the process.

Normally goes Police caution -> community service ->ASBO -> Jail. By the time you get to jail you normaly have had many chances.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

At least this way the taxpayer wouldn't have to foot the bill for housing ignorant racist.

I didn't think about it like that. Probably for good reasons too. Kudos to you though for the most ignorant use of the term racist I've seen in a while to call someone an ignorant racist.

Please tell me what "RACE" was targeted?

Since, believe it or not , I actually do think true racism is a bad thing I hate to see such abuse of the term.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I was just looking for more background on the sentencing and the convicted and it's beginning to appear rather a heavy sentence for the pair. In particular the female seems to have associated with the SDL and detached from them before the trial and the male was willing to plead guilty from last year and was hedging on the 'racially aggravated' part.

Instead of me thinking that it was a justified sentence, I'll retract any opinion at all and leave it on your earlier point that we don't have enough information to form an opinion either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join