It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Uh.. their memory wouldn't be wrong, if anything it was the presentation of the item they remembered. So they may remember it absolutely correctly as it was told and heard (as I do), but are now presented with evidence that doesn't mesh with the reality of the memory. I have my theories about why this happened, but in my memory and so far everyone i've asked, it's been stein across the board.

I'm finding it VERY strange that their would be more people recalling the incorrect name given the fact the incorrect name had to be misread, mispronounced, or made up and the correct name was printed endlessly.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Didn't you see? I'll link 'em in order

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a little example of how this works. If enough people were behind her to support the belief that your name used to be spelled that way then that would become another 'universal timeline merge'.

LOL, now that I will admit I was wrong about! Thank you! I actually appreciate being corrected when I misspell something.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Same here. Everyone I've asked remembers -stein. Not a single person remembers -stain. Most go on about the pronunciation too and get a bemused look about them. This is just very, very odd.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Same here. Everyone I've asked remembers -stein. Not a single person remembers -stain. Most go on about the pronunciation too and get a bemused look about them. This is just very, very odd.

Me too, but I get called ignorant in here for standing my ground in remembering it as Stein. Or they think that I think I'm always right and never wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've decided after much thought that this is a prime example of consciousness, especially group consciousness, actually shaping our realities.
edit on 25/7/14 by homerJ because: amazingly poor late night grammar

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

My daughter-in-law is so freaked out about this, that I saw she is now taking a facebook survey.
So far, about 11 'steins' and 1 'stain'.

If you google 'Mandela Effect'...there are more, and newer discussions about the Berenstein Bears.
This topic is taking off...why, if it's only a faulty spelling/bad memory?

Frankenstain looks wrong. Einstain looks wrong. And Berenstain looks wrong.
Bah!

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

Did anyone look at the first comment on the link listed? It was written by an anonymous poster claiming to be the son of Bernstein parents. Nobody can prove it was really the son, but was interesting, and plausible.

"I normally don't comment on blogs about our family name but yours was so unusual and imaginative that I thought it only appropriate to add my thoughts. "Berenstain" according to our family lore was an attempt by an unknown imigration officer sometime in the late 1800s to reproduce phonetically a highly accented version of the tradtional Jewish name "Bernstein" as pronounced by my Father's grandparents when they came to America from the Ukraine.
In that linguistic region, the name tended to come out sounding something like, "Ber'nsheytn". Since that's how the name was originally documented, it has always been spelled that way by our family and it has always been misread and mispronounced by nearly everyone. It has always been "The BerenstAin Bears". Your parallel reality theory is very resourceful but, unfortunately, by applying Occam's razor, we arrive at the explanation that most people have just misread the name.
Mike Berenstain (Son of Stan and Jan)"

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Didn't you see? I'll link 'em in order

Just a little example of how this works. If enough people were behind her to support the belief that your name used to be spelled that way then that would become another 'universal timeline merge'.

I saw it. I think my username was spelled that way about a month ago and then it changed... I think it changed around the time this thread started actually.

C'mon and smile with me Deny. I'm trying to make you smile.

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I think at one point in time in Universe A

a Kangaroo must have mated with very small Tyrannosaurus Rex

and the result was a Kangareux.

Then Kangaruex made the dimesional shift and was switched from Universe E.

edit on 7/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Most posts in this thread do make me smile. You all get mad at me for that.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Most posts in this thread do make me smile. You all get mad at me for that.

Nah... I can't recall getting mad at you once in this thread. Seriously. I fully understand the other side. But I am one that also thinks there must be misprints out there somewhere. People misprint it now, I imagine it could have happened easier back then without spellcheck to work from.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Spellcheck is why it's wrong so often now actually....

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Now be honest.

How many of you were tricked by at least one of these?

These are examples of our brain on autopilot when reading.

Autofill and unconscious editing

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I just found this video.
If you read through the comments, someone references ATS.
Interesting, let me know what you think.
jacy

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Here is another one, and as soon as it begins, the narrator states that he "found this on Above Top Secret".

jacy

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Wiki now has a page addressing the Berenstain/stein name change:

en.wikipedia.org...

This topic seems to be increasing in popularity?
jacy

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Wiki now has a page addressing the Berenstain/stein name change:

en.wikipedia.org...

This topic seems to be increasing in popularity?
jacy

ATS has started a movement!!

That is kind of hilarious. Thanks for posting these. We are less and less alone in this it seems.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Thank you Kanga!

There are a lot more discussion boards talking about this too.
It's amazing how many people are joining in. Just thought I would share some.

Still no proof of anything, but I feel less alone in my 'stein' world, lol.
jacy

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It kind of makes you wonder how long it will be before it shows up somewhere on MSM...

I almost wish it would. Maybe Dr. Phil will weigh in on all of us nutters!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

hahahaha....Dr. Phil...hmmm, pretty sure he would decide that we all need an intervention!

I seriously doubt that MSM would touch this topic.

I was wondering something though. What if someone had old photographs of their books, with the 'stein' spelling? You know, pics of a book shelf...or their kids reading the books. Would the photos show the old spelling or the new spelling? It seems that the old spelling books have changed, but what about old pics of the books with the 'stein' spelling?

*sigh*
jacy

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I Remember the Bernstein Bears too

I can't wait for future Jerry "Sainfeld" Re-Runs, then I really will be messed Up.

edit on 30-7-2014 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join