Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 72
<< 69  70  71   >>

join

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

Surely you see the Irony of your post with your last word statement. You directly addressed me. I hadn't posted for some time in this thread until you mentioned me specifically. This is hardly a last word issue and moreso a "hey, I am responding to you" issue. If you can't even figure that reasoning out I see why you are the way you are.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i was born in 86, was reading at a 8th grade level in kindergarden, spelling bee chanp blah blah, i also distinctly remember it being stein as well, my grandma used to read these to me when i was sick when i was litttle, and she is still alive, and said "it is bear-n-stein" without hesitation. it even looks wierd to me spelled stain...and i think i would remember, i was aboutas immature and hyper as they come when i was little....so much that i had sugar taken out of my diet for 6 years. meaning i would have made many many many poop jokes about the name, as i still am an avid poop joke maker. anywho, thats my 2 cents....so many pages on this post.
edit on 6-9-2014 by neomaximus10 because: left somethin out, wouldnt have made sense if i didnt put it in

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
i was born in 86, was reading at a 8th grade level in kindergarden, spelling bee chanp .....

Lol

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Your post disagrees with your words...

Did your grandma judge the contests?

a reply to: neomaximus10

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

originally posted by: neomaximus10
i was born in 86, was reading at a 8th grade level in kindergarden, spelling bee chanp .....

Lol

But of course

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is the best thread I've read in ages!

I'm English so I never even heard of these bears, but I still read the majority of the thread.

I have to say it seems absurd that the characters in a well known children's book that teaches kids to read were mispelled so repeatedly by most people. As said numerous times at that age kids pay attention to every letter on the page. More so than adults.

And "Bearing Stain Bears!!!!" that's hilarious! who would not notice that at age 6?

Saying that "your brain doesn't notice these things" doesn't really add up to me. With "Millenium" and "inconcievable" your brain will autocorrect. With unusual names of well loved characters, you tend to remember.

I mean no one could forget
Homie Simpson and his troublesome son Fart
The sarcastic cat Barfield
The lazy dog Poopy
Coddy and Big Arse in Toy Land
Winnie the Jooh and his crazy friend Nigger

If someone spelt those differently I think you'd realize. So what's up with these bears???

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: numberjuggler
If someone spelt those differently I think you'd realize. So what's up with these bears???

Exactly what we Steinfolk would like to know!

I'm glad the thread resonates with you a bit, even if you didn't get to read the books. I still find myself resentfully glaring at that damn "-stAin" everytime I see a Berenstain product in the store.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: numberjuggler

Not the same at all, and if you read the thread you would know that.

All of your examples are names that were spelled correctly in production. There was no reason for the brain to auto correct them. If they were spelled incorrectly, perhaps there would be some debate about them instead.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

All of your examples are names that were spelled correctly in production. There was no reason for the brain to auto correct them. If they were spelled incorrectly, perhaps there would be some debate about them instead.

We should end this thread.

ray is the end all be all.

Its just stupid already.

This shoulda been about Steiners.

Not an argument.

I'm sick of you.

edit on 17-9-2014 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Its just stupid already.

Not an argument.

I'm sick of you.

Don't give up! Be a Steiner loud and proud!
(I'm lurking, with a headache...but had to reply to you, lol...)

It is real, just like my headache.
I am the only one experiencing this headache right now, but it is very real.
You can choose to believe me or not.
Same as 'stain/stein'.
It is real to those of us who have experienced it.
Others choose not to believe us.

Besides, how will we ever find proof if we give up?

jacygirl

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Its just stupid already.

Not an argument.

I'm sick of you.

Don't give up! Be a Steiner loud and proud!
(I'm lurking, with a headache...but had to reply to you, lol...)

It is real, just like my headache.
I am the only one experiencing this headache right now, but it is very real.
You can choose to believe me or not.
Same as 'stain/stein'.
It is real to those of us who have experienced it.
Others choose not to believe us.

Besides, how will we ever find proof if we give up?

jacygirl

Ray is like church or my mom.

A brick wall.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

Brick Wall: Built well and stands the test of time.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

Holy mother. Add me to the list of people who was a child in the 80s, who read these books, dozens upon dozens of them, and who clearly remembers the E, not an A.

Also add me to the list who checked eBay and sure enough, all the sellers are spelling it Berenstein, I'm sorry but we can't ALL be wrong...
edit on 9/18/14 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Haha, freaky! I always thought it was "stein" too. I used to own several of the books as a kid and I always called them the "bear-a-steen" bears. So I had the entire name wrong. I just went through my box of childhood books and found that I still have one of the books (not sure where the rest went). It does indeed say Berenstain.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That's been en covered. Most spell checkers fix stain to stein.

a reply to: Ameilia

top topics

<< 69  70  71   >>

join