It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Keep looking Reux!!!!!

Who is Reux?

And they say Steiners can't spell. Steiners are sharp.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Kangareux4ewe

I call her Reux for short.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Kangareux4ewe

Reax is a commune in France in which members of the Rothschild family reside. Roux, toasted flour and fat, is one of the key elements of a good pot of gumbo. I smell a conspiracy. It smells yummy.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
My first personal experience with this sort of thing:

Years ago, I had watched the 1998 version of "The Parent Trap" with Lindsey Lohan - then today my daughter and I found it on Netflix and decided to watch...

....And I could swear, there were so many parts of that movie that were different than when I first saw it! The primary thing being that I clearly remember most of the movie being set on a cruise ship...

Now mind you, movies are my 'thing', I never get them 'mixed up' in my mind or forget major details, and I certainly wouldn't have 'inserted' a major detail (cruise ship setting) into my memory of the movie!

Just plain weird....

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
My first personal experience with this sort of thing:

Years ago, I had watched the 1998 version of "The Parent Trap" with Lindsey Lohan - then today my daughter and I found it on Netflix and decided to watch...

....And I could swear, there were so many parts of that movie that were different than when I first saw it! The primary thing being that I clearly remember most of the movie being set on a cruise ship...

Now mind you, movies are my 'thing', I never get them 'mixed up' in my mind or forget major details, and I certainly wouldn't have 'inserted' a major detail (cruise ship setting) into my memory of the movie!

Just plain weird....

I remember Lindsay Lohan being this cute little red head. At some point my reality shifted into a world where she is an obnoxious, let's just say woman, with huge knockers and a substance abuse problem. Stein/Stain slip?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

the miley cyrus complex lmao

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Kangareux4ewe

Yes I see that. Keep in mind that spelling and 'knowing' what one saw is key to the topic.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I said earlier the 22 year old Barnes and Noble Employee thought it was stein and told me I had grabbed a knock off. I just met a family this weekend and their 9 year old spells it Berenstein. Both parents did as well. They literally dropped jaws when I showed them their very own book that says stain.

How do you explain situations like that? Obviously this couple got it wrong, and because they got it wrong their kid was getting it wrong...

This has actually turned into an amazing parlor trick.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I spent the weekend with my daughter and her step-children, the oldest being 12 years old (girl).
My step-granddaughter heard me telling my daughter about the 'stein/stain' story 2 weeks ago, and said that she too believed it was 'stein'.
Her aunt is a school librarian, who is in a book club with 3 friends who are also school librarians.

Last week, on 'book club' night, my granddaughter called her aunt, and asked her about the bear family. The aunt said they were the Berenstein Bears, and the other 3 librarians all agreed. Granddaughter said, "Now google it"...so they did. They thought 'stain' was wrong, and asked why it wasn't the same as the authors' name. Again, granddaughter said "Google the writers".

Apparently these 4 librarians were completely freaked out. One even said on the phone, "You just ruined my life!!!".
My granddaughter couldn't wait to tell me.

Everyone I mention it to, can't let it go. They also can't understand it at all.
I still have no explanations, lol...just wanted to report in with my latest story on the subject.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

And Han Solo shot first! (You know, before someone edited our memories
)

edit on 22-7-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

ahh...hahahaha....I wouldn't know about that! I'm a Star Trek fan, not Star Wars.

My man Spock is still half-human half-Vulcan though....yes?

Oh, and my memories are still intact...it's the books that have been edited!

Good morning Narco!
jacy

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm a Star Trek fan

Likewise

Trek > Wars

Stein > Stain

I haven't been keeping up with the thread lately. Any new developments I missed? Any closer to unbending this pretzel?

I'm usually the first to admit when I'm wrong, but this, this -stein, I take with me to the grave. I can't shake the feeling...this means something!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Aww, sadly no friend...the pretzel is just getting tighter, and squeezing my poor brain.

I can't believe how many people are shocked when I show this to them. So shocked that they tell other people, who are then also freaked out.
If it keeps up, at this rate...the most popular google search will soon be "Berenstein Bears", lol.

I'm now trying to read more about time slips, parallel universes/dimensions, etc...because I'd like to be able to at least grasp the concepts. Hard to understand when you're used to using logic.

My mind refuses to let go of this though. The worst part is when people ask me for an explanation, and I don't know what to tell them. They're all adamant that it is 'stein'....one of the librarians even said, "I can remember the font! The curly "e's" in the name!"
jacy

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I'm still feeling your pain and check back in with this thread almost daily. A this point finding anything might be a lost cause, but like you.... It is something I can not let go of. I'm still loving life of course, but the memory keeps nagging at me.

If you come up with any good info on what you are researching please post it of PM it if you don't mind. I'm sure we are not the only ones checking back in on this thread.

ETA - that my mom is the only one I have come across IRL that remembers "stain". So it would not have been because it was read wrong to me at any point.

edit on 7/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl Could our universe be so vast that the controllers are able to find another earth that has evolved so closely that one group of people and places could be switched. If you look at it from the perspective of it being a result of a video game that is billions of yrs advanced as ours and earth is just a base model for a planet and has been copied many times and they are able to paste different players in and out then it starts to become possible for these things to happen but still have the intent of the game in mind for all.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm a Star Trek fan

I haven't been keeping up with the thread lately. Any new developments I missed? Any closer to unbending this pretzel?

I'm usually the first to admit when I'm wrong, but this, this -stein, I take with me to the grave. I can't shake the feeling...this means something!

It does.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Berenstain in English Gematria Equals: 642 ( b12 e30 r108 e30 n84 s114 t120 a6 i54 n84 ).
Berenstein in English Gematria Equals: 666 ( b12 e30 r108 e30 n84 s114 t120 e30 i54 n84 ).
I'm curious how many of the "steins" are familiar with the writings of Aleister Crowley.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Can you explain this to those of us who aren't that bright please? LOL

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Can you explain this to those of us who aren't that bright please? LOL

Crowley was a master of Kaballa. It was an ancient Hebrew mystical system in which letters correlate with numbers. Words that have corresponding numerical values have associations to be meditated on. Crowley has written that he believed English was the new mystical language and devised a system based on the concepts of the Hebrew Kaballa. He also identified himself as The Great Beast 666. Is this 'stein'/'stain' debate a conundrum Uncle Al is projecting from the other side? He was a great trickster and loved confounding puzzles.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It just blows my mind how many people INSIST that reality is wrong and they remember it the right way.

It makes more sense that our timeline has been altered or it has something to do with an alternate universe than your memory is not perfect. really?

You all seriously believe that?!?!?

You can Google everything and get conflicting views because their memory isn't perfect either. On ebay you can look up an old original Bears books and the person posting the ad spells it wrong while the picture of THE ACTUAL BOOK is different. I guess you can't believe your own eyes.

Aretha Franklin sung "Respect" in the Blues Brothers 2000 movie.......not the blues brothers.

People confuse 2 different movies, 2 different people or whatever, it's your minds not the universe.

Even family events where me and my brother are talking about something that happened 30 years ago...we both remember a specific scene totally different. It happens.

Your memory is a very funny thing and not so accurate. I can understand that, what I don't understand is how people can make up ludicrous explanations to account for poor memory..

If people have such a little grasp on reality, I seriously worry.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join