Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 71
<< 68  69  70   >>

join

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
OK, this is a bit " out of there" but what if this is our brains having a bit of fun with all of us, after seeing the first two e`s in the first part of the name,automatically see a e in the last bit. Just a guess,rubbish really

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thedoctorswife

That is almost certainly it. The pertinent scientific information to back that up was posted several times in this thread.

it is an optical illusion created by the brain because it is auto filling and auto correcting words for us. The ain doesn't seem right, so the brain auto fills it to ein and you gloss over it.

This has been studied to death in the fields of neuroscience and there is more than enough scientific evidence to back up this claim. 70% + of humans auto fill and auto correct words as they are reading.

I even did a study outlined earlier in this thread that showed there was a massive failure rate for reading and spelling it correctly when looking directly at the book.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I have had dreams of the past that were different events to what I remember when awake, the thing is, when you try to remember when you are awake, it is problematic because you are also using your imagination when you are awake and if you think about it, you have repeating memories of the past, and then sometimes, inexplicably you remember something. I think the memories that repeat themselves must be some kind of conditioning, and when you have a dream about the past or some recollection that occured spontaneously, they are far more accurate than memories that repeat themselves.

We all know how easy we forget our dreams, so, we can also be forgetting our past and also at the same time have specific memories implanted about our past so we do not question what happened, supposedly, during the early nineties, some kind of "reset" and a resulting "amnesia".

The dreams I have had in my mind are accurate, and it is funny that I can even forget those memories, no doubt because I am being conditioned to forget.

I remember a different version of "Star Wars" - like there was a different "adults only" version....

We need more people whom remember to speak out!
edit on 13-8-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
I remember a different version of "Star Wars" - like there was a different "adults only" version....

Huh? I know Lucas has made a lot of different cuts, but not even in my nerdiest 9th grade dreams did I see this one.

edit on 13-8-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It was a dream, however, I think there was some kind of special editing that only adults could see... It was very vague.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
When i first saw this thread i was instantly reminded of this: ATS searches for the missing Thunderbird pic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

First post in that hat thread contains a link to another thread regarding "lost clues" and collective memory in regards to several cryptozoological mysteries. worth considering alongside this phenomenon.

One part of my brain is lying, I just can't tell which one. Feels better thinking "we just don't remember correctly," doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well I guess I can chime in late just to say that everyone I just asked remembers stein, as well as myself. Pronounced bear an steen.

Weird memory?

Maybe it's like Frankenstein.

Ask most people to say it, and they will say FrankenSTINE, when it is STEEN.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Psychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is definitely the best thread on ATS since the Elvis threads lol

I stopped visiting and posting on ATS last spring because the negativity, rudeness, partisan hackery, and people like raymundoko were damaging my calm. Then yesterday, one of my former colleagues sent me a link to this thread with the corresponding comment:

"Ok don't judge me for being a member of this site...but I remember you talking about this at work last year and I HAD to share it with you."

I replied "omg fool I've been a member for four years longer than you! I just stopped going there because I couldn't take it anymore." But I came to check it out, and stayed for every single post on over 70 pages.

Anyway, here is my BerenstEin story. Yes, I'm Team Stein 4 Life.

I used to work at an educational software company and I spent a lot of time talking to teachers. A lot of the conversations had to do with books. Over a certain week by happenstance the conversations were about the bears. It rankled the heck out of me that they kept "misspelling" it! After one such conversation I logged-in to our quiz-store to look up the books and was absolutely knocked-over that they all said STAIN. So then I went to Google and Amazon and was losing it that they were all spelled differently. So then I began asking the co-workers who sat around me. They all remembered STAIN. The early-50's neighbor remembered Stain, the 24 year old cube-roomie remembered stain. The only one who remembered Stein like I did was the 23-year old guy who sat behind me. And he was rocking-back-and-forth over it just like I was. The reason it blew my mind so much I think was due to a specific conversation I had with my teacher about it as a child.

I read a lot of these in grade-school. I was also a very smart kid. Could read before I started school. Gifted & Talented program alumni. Spelling-bee champ. Had my nose in a book constantly. Its still my very favorite form of entertainment. All the kids in class pronounced it bear-in-steen, and my teacher was adamant it should be pronounced bear-in-steyn as in like beer stein. And it rankled her also that the narrator of the cartoon we watched in class pronounced it bear-in-steen as well. I remember her standing next to my desk and tracing the E and I at the END of the name with her finger on the cover as we talked about it. No matter how much it rankled her, no one would give up the bear-in-steen pronunciation.

So this very clear memory was freaking me out the day I discovered this at work. And it blew my mind and I thought about it for weeks. You all have no idea how relieved I am to discover this is a thing for more than just me and that one other guy at work. I want to hug all the Steiners through my monitor. Jump up and down and sing!

"Free at last! Thank you LAWD I found my people!" It's turning me into a southern baptist gospel singer. And I'm not a christian lol.

And for the "Science" of the thread poll:

I'm 35
American Mid-West
No NDE that I'm aware of
STEIN for the love of god STEIN!
And I'm not as adamant about it as the bears but the fact that NZ is south-east of Australia weirds me out quite a bit. I was good at geography as well but, I'm not willing to throw down over that one like I am about the bears.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Two points....

NZ has not moved. I was in the Navy and would have noticed.

Stain VS Stein ........ After the war for some years names where modified to suit local ideologies and perception. Book characters where no exception. .

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I like many others here could have sworn that it was BerenstEin Bears. I was shocked when I first noticed the A. I feel like my childhood is a lie now lol.

Why do so many of us clearly remember Stein? I have no clue. Mass Hysteria perhaps?

All I know is that it bothered me greatly and my gut told me that Berenstain was wrong. According to my spell check, they are both wrong lol. Seriously though, did we all just ignore the proper spelling? I guess so.

Born in 88
Steiner
No light at the end of the tunnel NDE but my husband, friends, and I were driving through a snow storm and I felt the sensation of someone closing my eyes (sort of like how you close a baby's eyes when they fall asleep with them open) and a few seconds after we almost crashed. Somehow my hubby managed to keep the car under control. We drove silently for a long time until it was finally broken by nervous laughter.

~Kelz

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Read through to the end of the thread! Now feel OK to comment.

I love the Mandella Effect stories, they are just facinating.

I had never heard of the Berernst_in Bears (I'm in the UK, maybe they weren't big here) but from reading the thread my OPINION is people falsely reading the word "Berenstain", you have:

- The authors confirmation that people commonly misread / misspell their surname.
- The fact that people will read "Berenstein" even when looking right at the word "Berenstain", and that this has been shown to be true for close to 100% of people tested.
- How flexible memory is, the way that memories can be altered by the brain or even made right up.

Add in years of people hearing other people pronounce "-steen / -styne" and you have a simple language / memory screw-up.
I'd say that "Berenstain" is like "cemetery", "liaison" and other very commonly misread and spelt words.

My 2 cents.
Great thread.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Vasteel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

Ha!! Welcome to the club! I haven't checked on this thread in a bit, but I see it got a few more flags since then and more "Steiners".

I'm sorry to hear about why you left before, but can understand. Sometimes it is hard to deal with a lot of the negativity you find on here. I guess I just live around folks who are negative all of the time so I am used to it somewhat. I hope your experience goes better this time around.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
This is definitely the best thread on ATS since the Elvis threads lol

I stopped visiting and posting on ATS last spring because the negativity, rudeness, partisan hackery, and people like raymundoko were damaging my calm. Then yesterday, one of my former colleagues sent me a link to this thread with the corresponding comment:

"Ok don't judge me for being a member of this site...but I remember you talking about this at work last year and I HAD to share it with you."

I replied "omg fool I've been a member for four years longer than you! I just stopped going there because I couldn't take it anymore." But I came to check it out, and stayed for every single post on over 70 pages.

Anyway, here is my BerenstEin story. Yes, I'm Team Stein 4 Life.

I used to work at an educational software company and I spent a lot of time talking to teachers. A lot of the conversations had to do with books. Over a certain week by happenstance the conversations were about the bears. It rankled the heck out of me that they kept "misspelling" it! After one such conversation I logged-in to our quiz-store to look up the books and was absolutely knocked-over that they all said STAIN. So then I went to Google and Amazon and was losing it that they were all spelled differently. So then I began asking the co-workers who sat around me. They all remembered STAIN. The early-50's neighbor remembered Stain, the 24 year old cube-roomie remembered stain. The only one who remembered Stein like I did was the 23-year old guy who sat behind me. And he was rocking-back-and-forth over it just like I was. The reason it blew my mind so much I think was due to a specific conversation I had with my teacher about it as a child.

I read a lot of these in grade-school. I was also a very smart kid. Could read before I started school. Gifted & Talented program alumni. Spelling-bee champ. Had my nose in a book constantly. Its still my very favorite form of entertainment. All the kids in class pronounced it bear-in-steen, and my teacher was adamant it should be pronounced bear-in-steyn as in like beer stein. And it rankled her also that the narrator of the cartoon we watched in class pronounced it bear-in-steen as well. I remember her standing next to my desk and tracing the E and I at the END of the name with her finger on the cover as we talked about it. No matter how much it rankled her, no one would give up the bear-in-steen pronunciation.

So this very clear memory was freaking me out the day I discovered this at work. And it blew my mind and I thought about it for weeks. You all have no idea how relieved I am to discover this is a thing for more than just me and that one other guy at work. I want to hug all the Steiners through my monitor. Jump up and down and sing!

"Free at last! Thank you LAWD I found my people!" It's turning me into a southern baptist gospel singer. And I'm not a christian lol.

And for the "Science" of the thread poll:

I'm 35
American Mid-West
No NDE that I'm aware of
STEIN for the love of god STEIN!
And I'm not as adamant about it as the bears but the fact that NZ is south-east of Australia weirds me out quite a bit. I was good at geography as well but, I'm not willing to throw down over that one like I am about the bears.

Don't worry brah. There are many like you and me that know how good their spelling was and have the grades to prove it. But something happened in the timeline and people born between 1980 and 1994 were effected somehow and we got our # mixed up with people from elsewhere.

I connected the dots quite a few years ago but I didn't want to get vanned again so i waited to post for awhile

inb4 government shills say i was never vanned for connecting the dots and trying to tell others only to find out just how broken the system truly is
inb4 skeptical mother#ers doubt the validity of my claim that it was Stein for some people and Stain for others.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My brother and sisters are pre 80 by far and are steiners. My brother has more degrees than I do. Again, education and how well you spell has nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
1) I'm flattered
2) You don't like people who have facts?

a reply to: Malynn

top topics

<< 68  69  70   >>

join