It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BoogieMan911

Hey BoogieMan, thanks for joining in!

I'm still researching, still looking for answers.
I'm a little overwhelmed with how many other people are as adamant about this as I am.
Faulty memory just doesn't cut it, as far as I'm concerned.

I can let a lot of things go, but this? I cannot let go of this.
jacy

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thanks jacygirl - I got to ask my 3 brothers about this without sounding weird, they're Mainstream News, Mainstream Views and Mainstream Living kind of People. They wouldn't have a clue about sites like ATS.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BoogieMan911

Well at least YOU are here! (and judging by your post/star ratio, lol...you are participating in a positive way).

In my 'real life' there are very few people that I can discuss ATS topics with. Most of them just don't want to know...don't want to question the status quo. I would rather spend my time here, talking to like-minded individuals.

I suppose everyone has to 'wake up' on their own schedule, we can't force it. Geez, sometimes even I wish I could just go back to being 'asleep' again...life was much easier when I didn't question everything.

jacy

Edit: Sorry, I have to log off for a while...will check back later!

edit on 30-7-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

The MSM covers a lot worse lately lol! They might rope a few viewers into tuning in if they reported on it. All the "Steiners" would tune in for validation while all the "Stainers" would tune in to watch I TOLD YOU SO!
They might could even make it a pay per view event.

The picture thing is interesting. I instantly thought of Back To The Future where the people in the picture kept disappearing slowly. I'm sure somebody, somewhere has pics of a bookshelf with the books. I'm sure they'll probably read "Stain" as well. I would pay good money at this point to find just one misprinted book!

Watch us all wind up with dementia in our later years and this is the only remaining memory we can hold on to...

The whole thing is still crazy to me. Fun... But crazy!
edit on 7/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoogieMan911
I Remember the Bernstein Bears too

I can't wait for future Jerry "Sainfeld" Re-Runs, then I really will be messed Up.

hahaha, jerry sainfeld was my favorite!

as for the berenstein's son posting about their last name being changed at immigration....i don't really buy it. it seems plausible and i know immigration did that with a lot of last names, but there were a ton of people with the same last name and apparently only theirs became stain and everyone else kept stein. something about him tossing in the reference to occam's razor at the end that just gave it a really contrived feel. that's like the #1 shill/debunker comment. simplest explanation is usually the correct one so blah blah blah. sometimes sh!t aint so simple. sometimes its actually really flippin complicated. Our reality is complexity.
edit on 30-7-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
sometimes sh!t aint so simple. sometimes its actually really flippin complicated. Our reality is complexity.

^^^^^ I love that and ain't it the truth!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You're right, sometimes stuff isn't so simple. Sometimes you realize you've been wrong about a simple thing like the spelling of a name for decades....

Again, how do you explain young kids getting the name wrong? How do you explain people spelling and saying I wrong when looking at the book? How do explain people listing it online with the wrong spelling even though the image shows the correct spelling? It's because 70+% of humans auto fill their native language and auto correct wrong spelling.

The Steiners are simply an obstinate crowd who somehow think remembering it wrong is a gross affront to their intellectual capacity.

a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

edit on 30-7-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I remember it being Berenstain, actually.

I'm sure that others are just so accustomed to seeing "Stein" as a suffix to many surnames - a habit that would mostly form in the years after they stopped watching the show - that returning to this and seeing it as Stein must seem a bit odd.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
1st time poster here...
My mind has been reeling the last 4 days when I stumbled upon this strange phenomenon.

A little background
-Steiner
-NDE in 1995-
-1st ufo sighting in 1997
-4 out of the 5 people I asked swear up and down it's Berenstein
-Always spelled it dilemna and when spell check disputed my reality it looked totally foreign to me and out of place. I know an Emma and think it's a beautiful name and would have surely made the connection.

My ex used to be a teacher and swears up and down it's Berenstein, even my mom is tripping out.

I have distinct memories of standing in the library selecting books and reading the titles. I would play word mind games with words and look for patterns such as how many letters and how many repeat. This has created a great cognitive dissonance in me and just blows me away. I mess up a lot and have no problem admitting it. In fact, some of my greatest achievements have stemmed from mistakes. I find ways to improve so the mistake doesn't happen again, kinda like insurance.

This bizzarro world I am now in reminds me of the Dolphin Theory and how when they surface and look around they must have some form of thoughts what they are seeing. We are being blessed with a rare opportunity to catch a glimpse into another world that is right here but separated by a thin veil limited by our senses and understanding.

I don't join forums and post, I try to be level headed and come to logical conclusions- this is different and has me trippin' hard. How I heard about it was in a Youtube comments section of Gef the talking Mongoose- now that is a strange story that had people trippin too but I don't buy it.

I can't quit thinking about this though because of my very vivid memories during my formative years

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl I'm with you Jacy, convinced this was Stein,as did others (of different ages) I've asked. Too weird.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yet another Steiner who's memory was just so perfect and vivid as a child. You really don't see this pattern? P.S. you spelled it wrong.

a reply to: BerestEiner

edit on 4-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Weird, yet easily explained.

a reply to: thedoctorswife

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Hahahaha! Love your posting name and thanks for joining the steiners.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

The Steiners are simply an obstinate crowd who somehow think remembering it wrong is a gross affront to their intellectual capacity.

This reminds me of the husband who wants to keep the wife happy and says, "Yes Dear, whatever you say." LOL

We can admit all other wrong actions but this one. Isn't that strange?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Weird, yet easily explained.

a reply to: thedoctorswife

Easily explained and accepted by you maybe.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedoctorswife
a reply to: jacygirl I'm with you Jacy, convinced this was Stein,as did others (of different ages) I've asked. Too weird.

Weird indeed. I haven't yet met a stainer around here, only online so far. Still asking around.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Out of the 10 people I've polled so far, only one Stainer and that person was online. All the rest were in person and I was very careful to be nonchalant and not give it away that I was asking a probing question and put them on guard. One thing I found weird is Berenstein equals 666 in the English Gematria. Also, Simpsons Wikia has a picture of Marge reading "The Berrystained Bears" and it claims to be a parody of the childrens books "The Berenstein Bears".

My ex-wife went to college to teach grade school and ended up tutoring instead. She is just floored that it is now Stain, even my mom is tripping.

If you go to Google Images and search for Berenstein -Berenstain you will see handwritten images by kids and mothers spelling it Berenstein.

I think the song When Worlds Collide by Powerman 5000 might be speaking of this type of incident...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You're spelling it wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I remember it as Berenstein with an N but prefer to spell it without the "N". It sounds more redneck and rolls off the tongue, sounds like some type of drink you'd holler out for in a bar half drunk. "Gimme nother Beresteiner on the double"!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh. In my timeline, James Brady died like 10 years ago.

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join