It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Wait, I thought they always had strong religious undertones. I was born in 1990, mind you, but I've always remembered them as "preachy".

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Hey! Apparently they were always rather 'preachy', but I found some discussions where people were saying that the stories became more 'Christian'.
I have a bunch of tabs open right now lol, but will try to put up a link for you.

The pic I put up above is from a forum where the members are all very freaked out at the 'stain' spelling.

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My biggest hope is that some of the people who are experiencing the -stein weirdness are also among the ones who laughed at us for the whole "New Zealand has moved" thread from a few years ago, because you're experiencing the same exact thing that we did back then. But in this case, there are more people on your side than we had on ours.
Since the NZ thing, reality (to me at least) has become a lot less "real", so while I am someone who always knew the bears to be -stein, the change doesn't surprise me as much. Reality isn't what it used to be. These days, it's very malleable and it shifts without being noticed by most people.
I've never been one to be like "omg..we're living in the matrix!", but lately, I wonder.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hayyel

Hi Hayyel!
I am also one of the people who agrees that New Zealand appears to have 'moved' on maps.
Without any acceptable explanation, I assumed that perhaps it was merely the difference of looking at a flat map as opposed to a globe. (I really hate to assume anything though, lol!)

As for the 'matrix' theory...I don't know how I feel about that.
I really do believe that there are 'forces' that affect things...sound, vibrations, etc. I feel like we are somehow being manipulated, but have no proof.

Perhaps this 'rabbit hole' that we have wandered into, is more like a 'worm hole'?
I have no answers...but plenty of questions!

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Totally agree with you about being manipulated, Jacygirl. And same here...lots of questions, but no answers. I've just become aware (or "awake") since the NZ thing that reality isn't as concrete as I thought it once was.
The -stein thing IS amazing, though. I read these books way back in the day, and it was never "-stain".

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's all fun and games until you wake up one day and realize that that husband/wife/son/daughter you had doesn't and never has existed.

It's getting a little weird now, isn't it? A little frightening now, right?

The worst thing about it is remembering people like they were just here yesterday.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Have you done a thread on any of this? I would like to see your past research on the matter. You can try to scare me away all you want, but I'm a pretty brave soul. Unless you have something I can look at in depth about it, before you came here to scare us, then I'm not sure I'm buying it. People poofing away?

edit on 22-6-2014 by Doodle19815 because: I do want to note, I am not calling you a liar or dumb or anything along those lines. My brain just can't wrap around waking to find family members gone.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I don't find it fun and games at all!
I find it horrifying!

Yes, people disappear all the time. Never found, never heard or seen again.
Aliens? Government? Serial killers?

I am terrified and mesmerized at the same time.
I want to know the truth, and it's become my life mission.
Not wealth, material things, career success.....truth.

No doubt I will die as ignorant as I've lived, lol....but at least I'm trying.
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hayyel

I just noticed the whole NZ thread and its new location and whiskey tango foxtrot over.

I did a goddamn 5th grade history project on Australia and ANZAC day. New Zealand was not below Australia. Ever.

Something is seriously #ing with our reality and I for one don't give a damn.

As long as I can keep smoking my weed, shooting my fully automatic firearms, and drive a obnoxiously big, gas guzzling, truck, I could give a # about it all.

But the second you take that any of those things away from me, I'll put a bullet between your eyes. This goes for any nefarious elements reading this. I can put a .308 through a half dollar from 1000 yards out. You don't # with a YBK. and if you were in law enforcement you know i'm not talking about those pussies in the GTA.
edit on 22-6-2014 by thisguy27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I have to admit I read your post and couldn't make heads or tails as to what your point was as it's not very clear. Anyway when I clicked the link you provided I was like...WOW WHAT?! I would have bet a hundred dollar bill that it was indeed The Berenstein Bears.
Ironically for some reason this past week I have been talking about how I seriously feel that we have all fell into another dimension. Nothing is as it was. Including your Berenstein Bears thing. It makes me believe all the more that something has happened to us.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27
woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.ca...

That kind of #s with my mind.

Like, what if the people who remember the -stein way are different than those who remember it as -stain

Or this guy is crazy as #.

What do you guys think?

According to the Angelic Race of Thiaooubans there are many alternate parrellel universes. There is a universe in which they did not step in to telepathically block the Nazi scientists from finishing the nessesary calculations to finish the atomic bomb before Americans picked them up. We can all speculate on how horrible that parallel universe is. Surely they have decimated the entire planet of every non blonde blue eyed person. I don't mind a few hiccups like this stein vs stain glitches in the matrix as long as I don't have to put up with the possibilities of that other reality.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

I understand what you mean because I was feeling the same, but you said it better than I could have.

This has me on the edge of a panic attack. Sounds silly, but I KNOW it was stEin because I started reading these books quite young and I started out pronouncing it as "steen." It was quite a while before I learned that the correct pronunciation was "stine" and now I'm seeing it is "stain!" My mind is blown. I'm having a major WTF moment.

Another poster said he/she had noticed the same issue with the word "dilemna" vs. "dilemma." I distinctly remember the word being spelled with an N. I have been a grammar nazi since I was old enough to be one and that isn't a mistake I would have made.

There's even a website for the dilemna one. www.dilemna.info A whole website for one word! This is weird and I'm spooked.

I KNOW it was stein. I'm not dumb, as one poster has insinuated. But I am freaked out.
edit on 6/22/2014 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am a grandmother (75) who read The Berenstein Bear books to my grandchildren before 1991...after that we were separated geographically, and this is my first return to those memories. Definitely ..stein.

Would anyone here have thoughts about the spelling being changed from "German sounding/spelling" to "American"?/Canadian?

That is the only sense it makes to me
edit on 22-6-2014 by canadiansenior70 because: spell

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm from the "Stein" universe, the OT (original timeline). I have 2 old 1st edition books from '68 where it's spelled "Berenstein Bears".

The "Stainer's" in this thread are either selling disinformation, as the "change" was anti-semetic; or more likely you need to go back to your own universe or timeline.

Stein 4 ever!

This rabbit hole is way deeper than you think. It has to do with person(s) not connected to the original works trying to get the name changed so they can collect money off book sales, and other royalties. LOL "Stain" *rolls eyes*

Also Mandela has been reported dead no less than 3 times.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Nola213 because: content

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nola213

Any way we can get a picture of those books?
A2D

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm from the other universe then because I remember BerenstAin back in the 80's.

a reply to: thisguy27

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Post the books. I've got mine from when I was a kid and they are just as I remember them.

a reply to: Nola213

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hayyel
My biggest hope is that some of the people who are experiencing the -stein weirdness are also among the ones who laughed at us for the whole "New Zealand has moved" thread from a few years ago, because you're experiencing the same exact thing that we did back then.

Not a chance! Haven't you noticed how easy-going, humorous, accepting, and understanding us -steiners have been in this thread?

Whoo! Go -steins! I'm proud of all your manners and grace exhibited in this thread

edit on 22-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom
You know what? I have waffled about posting this for long enough, so I might as well already...the "nagging feeling" to post the following will simply not let me be...

Perhaps this is one way we can find our "tribe". In this instance, I am meaning tribe as "people whom we resonate with". And all I can say is that I mean that we may resonate on other issues, perhaps for a reason(?), with the Berenstein/stain issue being a guidepost of sorts.

To what end, I haven't a clue. But I AM being nudged to post this for whatever reason. Sorry kids, that's as clear as I can make the "feeling".

I was also curious along these lines. There are many known "tricks" to the working of the human mind, that is how magic works hypnosis etc....

I am curious if there isnt some more fundamental connection between those of us that remember it being syein vs those that remember stain.

We should work to come up with a good way to test this out, and see if there is anything to it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you're really into all this reality stuff check this site out. Major Memory

*TEAM STEIN*
edit on 22-6-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join