It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Oh no this is going to drive me crazy now because im 100% sure my books said berenstein i remember reading them as a 5-6 year old i taught myself to read with them books and i an certain like absolutely 100% it was stein not stain! this reminds me i must find copies for my 6 yo daughter because they are great books!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nola213

THANK YOU for Nelson Mandella dying no less than three times. I have said that no less than three times in this thread alone. Strange times indeed!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

When I started watching quakes two years ago, I looked at the quake map and thought, WOW, Australia is a little closer to Asia than I remembered, and who put NZ down there!?

But like I said, I shrugged my shoulders and chalked it up to bad geography skills. It is just one if those huh moments for me to see someone else's say NE like I (vaguely albeit) remembered.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

No that was New Caledonia, memory is a funny thing.

Memory, or bad geography education, whichever.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Team Stein reporting in.

This has got out of hand- Fast! I Don't remember ATS ever being cut 50/50 about a discussion. Some "truth" or concluding factor always ends the thread. When one argument has no where else to go and a basic truth is observed has always been how we operate, not all all subjects but ones like these for sure. Think about it, we are talking about different realities and swapping between them because of a children's book. This is insane and I love it.

I have been a lurker for many many years and joined... whenever it was I joined this insane nook in the vast library that is the interwebs. Sorry I ramble because I am at a loss as to how in the hell his thread is infecting my mind so much I cannot sleep.

I just learned about the Mandela Effect when this thread started. I am thoroughly freaked out. Not only by these kids books I KNOW said "Stein" but small things in everyday life seem odd or not right... ya know what I mean?

I have at some points in my life felt what I call "Phase Shifts" You could be walking down the street one day and suddenly shift into a different reality. When I feel this sensation, all of a sudden I am in a place I have never been when I'm in fact standing in a park 3 blocks from my house. It's the cold sly feeling of you have been tricked and now your gut tells you something is different but it is so small that you cannot isolate it. Until a memory bomb goes off (this thread.)

Everything is energy.
We have the power to push it in any direction we want. -Agent008
edit on 6/23/2014 by Agent008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I remember asking my gramma why the name on the book was not the name of the author!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

originally posted by: oblvion

I remember louie anderson dying, and mandella at least 1 other time, I remember NZ being north east of Australia.......

Ok, I have NEVER been good at geography, but I also remember NZ being NE of Australia. I was chalking that one up to my very poor geography skills, but now I see you saying that! Ugh.... What is going on with that?

I do not know what to make of this at all. I was talking with some friends last night at work that stopped in, they also clearly remember stein, and my question was not leading in the least.

I said "hey, do you guys remember the berenstein bears?" to which they said "yes", I handed them all a piece of paper and a pen and asked them to write it down, all either wrote "bernstein" or "berenstein".

I then wrote it down as "berenstain" and they all told me I was basically retarded.

I am beginning to think maybe we.......hell I dont even know what I think.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

I've just been catching up on all the replies, this thread is still amazing!

Over the weekend I spoke to my kids, some of their friends....everyone in MY world remembers 'stein'.
Like other members, I'm baffled...freaked out...yet completely mesmerized by this topic and all the unanswered questions.

This is basically a thread "bump" to keep it 'recent'...hoping that it continues. We may not come to any concrete conclusions, but it's definitely one of the most interesting discussions in a very long time.

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Greetings! I have not forgotten about my STEIN peeps or this FASCINATING thread!!
I have some company that I must tend to until Wednesday. I know that I owe some replies, and will be back to partake then, assuming the "Stein Universe" (and this thread) are still in tact of course! I cannot get this subject out of my mind...until then, I leave you this:

Someone on ATS turned me on to him not too long ago, (there are NO coincidences) and perhaps this video will be illuminating in some way, for those who can watch. He even mentions that there are two worlds here on Earth, so clearly he is one of us!
I highly recommend his entire channel in fact. He covers many subjects and I am certain that one will resonate with everyone, including the "Stain" peeps.
Plus he simply GLOWS from within, his energy is contagious in a good way!

Peace!

P.S. I had the ODDEST sense of Déjà vu posting this !!
*Twilight Zone theme again*
edit on 23-6-2014 by MoonBlossom because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
lol wth, i remember "Berenstein bears" too.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

Hi MoonBlossom (fellow Canadian),
I have seen that video before, but just watched it again because it is so inspiring.

It's 9:20 am here, and I've already had 2 mind-blowing synchronicities occur.

This thread is about more than some childhood books/stories....it is evidence that reality is MUCH more than we believe. I will continue to follow (and participate in) this thread, with the hopes that we can keep sharing our experiences.

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I keep checking in as well. It seems to be something I can't let go and that is odd for me. Usually things like this happen and I just chalk it up to whatever. There are too many people recalling "Stein" for me to just let it go at this point. I mean, in reality there's nothing we can do about it, but something is driving lots of us to keep looking for a why.

My mom is the only one in my circle that does not remember "Stein", quite as strongly as I do but admits that she never really paid attention so she can't be 100% sure. We were never a "read before bed" family, and she gave me Stephen King's It to read when I was around 9. I always read, even as a kid. Anything pretty much.

I'm sticking with "Stein". I know that's what it was.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hi Kangaruex4Ewe!!

I just want to be clear about one thing...I have NO doubt that the 'stain' people have valid memories. I certainly don't doubt my own memories, or my kids'. We are all big readers, and pay attention to spelling.

This to me is about much more than just memory....it's about different realities. This concept is difficult to grasp, but that doesn't mean that it's without merit.

I love how we are discussing it, and trying to make sense of it all.
I can't let it go either...and frankly, I don't want to. I want to keep reading the differing perspectives.
A part of me feels like we are onto something...something big.
It's awesome! lol

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I know what you mean. I said earlier in the thread that those who remember "Stain" probably do wonder about the rest of us. I probably would if I was on that side of it. There are two different memories going on here and nothing says both can't be right (except for a few calling names). It's right for both sides, as obviously I can see "Stain" on them now. The only difference being that they can't remember "Stein" at all. So we now recall both while they still only recall one.

If I were not a "Steiner" I would wonder how in the world someone could ponder something as silly probably. So I guess I can't blame the non believers for doing the same.

There are several things that have crossed my mind since this thread came up and at least one of those is so far out there that I'm not even sure I'm half sane when I contemplate it.

Judging from the flags and attention this thread has gotten and other sites around the web... We are by far not alone in whatever this is. I guess that's sort of comforting.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You could u2u me your theory, if you want to share it?
I have a few of my own. Some of them scare me!

Also, another member sent me a link to a site that I think you would like. I'm fascinated by it, and can't stop reading.

I was amazed to see this stein/stain discussion on so many different sites. People are just as amazed and confused as we are here. (It's not just us, lol)

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I might just do that a bit later. It will take a few minutes to type it out. I would share it here, but the laughs would probably rain down. I'm not the type to buy into a lot of this time slip, time line, alternate universes, etc. thing. So my own theory sounds kind of crazy to myself, but in an odd way it makes some sort of sense.

I'd love to see the site if you want to shoot it my way.

I'll send you mine at some point this afternoon. If nothing else you might can get a good laugh at it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I would never laugh at your theories...I don't laugh at anyone's. (Like I said, I have my own too...and I don't even want some of them to be true!)

I will message you the link (I'm so glad it was sent to me, I'm really enjoying it!)
Take your time with your message to me...I pop in and out all day...no pressure.

I'm starting to believe that we have a really wrong idea about time and how it works. I think it's been simplified for the masses, when in reality there is much more purpose and reason.

I remain a believer that "anything is possible".
jacy

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here is an interesting and undeniable fact: Nelson Mandela has been mentioned probably at least 50 times, and a large number of these times his name has been misspelled as “Mandella”.
Many of these errors are by posters insisting that they know that his death had been reported repeatedly. We can reasonably assume that these mistaken posters have read over previous posts with the correct spelling, but that they were unaware (I was going to say oblivious).
Moving on. Most of us have read the post by Mike Berenstain which quite reasonably explains a great deal. We have seen images of the books with both spellings (sometimes on the same book), and we have the infallible testimony of family and friends. I submit that each and every instance of “-stein” began as someone's error of assumption. For instance, if you go to eBay, you will find many listings with the spelling “-stein” with a scanned image of “-stain”. Even the ISBN data is input by erroneous assumption. If you Google “Berenstein” you will get
mostly “Berenstain”. There are some “-steins” that will take you to “-stains”.
If you happen to have an absolute memory of “-stein”, then I would ask if you can recall a moment when you actually made a mental note (memory) of the spelling. This mental imprinting is something that most of the “-stain” faction share in common. Noticing an unusual ending such as “-stain” is quite likely to make a lasting mental impression.
Finally, we all despise conceding that we have erred; some of us are willing to embrace any explanation, such as alternate universe, time warp, or even something that you could call ridiculous clap-trap, in order to preserve the sanctity of our memory. If we are not wrong about this, then is there any case where we are actually mistaken? By the way, to further confuse the issue, my AutoSpellcheck says that both “Berenstain” and “Berenstein” are wrong!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Fellow Canadian -Stein member reporting for duty.

I've had a couple of days to mull this over and have come up with my own theory. It's crazy - sounding, and out there, and I'd probably never tell my coworkers about it, but here it goes.

My intuition tells me that the timeline has been changed.
By those who have the technology to time travel.
This must be something on such a high security level that most probably that country's president won't even know about it.

They did this to prevent a massive genocide, or for a WWIII to break out, or whatever catastrophic event they were trying to prevent.

Their technology isn't perfect, something went wrong... and now half of us remember the changes and half of us think there never were any changes.
(Mandela, New Zealand, Berenstein-Berenstain, etc.)

Their faulty time travel project had app. half of us remembering things before the change as a side effect.

Ok, now you can all sling your tin foil hats at me.

lol

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Hi Diderot,
Okay...I just read your reply, and pondered on it for a few minutes.
Then I phoned my daughter who lives a few hours away.

I asked her if she remembered the books, which of course she did because she and her twin sister had a bunch of them. I asked her to spell Berenstein, which she did....stein.
I asked her if she was sure, and she said, "Yes of course, because you would pronounce it different ways. Sometimes you would say BerenSTEEN (for pronunciation only) and sometimes you would say BerenSTEIN (styne).

I asked her if it could ever have actually been 'stain' and she said, "No! Why?"
Then she said, "By the way, I still don't know which is right. Is it STEEN or STYNE?"

To which I replied, "Apparently neither...it's STAIN now." (gotta keep a sense of humour, right?)

Now I have to call her back later this afternoon to explain the whole STAIN thing to her. She is shocked.

jacygirl

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join