It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

yes, my bad sorry, been "talking" with the wife while typing and getting sidetracked....

(I'm only from an alternate universe if you're a STAINER)
A2D

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

We need a secret hand sign for The Fellowship of the -Stein

edit on 21-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

That's the same way I feel. There's something about it. It's not stating we all had time shifts, slips, alien abductions, the apocalypse, etc. but there is a "knowing" that you do remember it that way. The ones who do not, need not call names just because they do not. It's one's reality against another's reality... one is as real as the other. Claiming to know that another's reality is false, takes some cajones in this area IMO.

It is what it is. There may never be a reason why we remember the "Stein" as opposed to the "Stain", but it is obvious there is something besides faulty memory going on here.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

before i clarify, know that your response is far from constructive.

i'm not saying that as a child you knew those names, i'm saying that now, as an adult, you do. Overtime you become familiar with those words/names - note my use of "became familiar." You're allowing faint memories of the name Berenstain to be influenced by any sort of "stein" because, with time, you became familiar with "stein" and not "stain."

i'm sure you were quite observant as a toddler. i apologize if i fail to believe that at 3-4, you picked up every Berestain Bears book and studied the name before flipping through the pages, where you read each page carefully, observantly, to the end.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This is the first alternate universe thing on ATS that has peaked my interest.

I asked my children and they remember "Berenstein", too, so I'm slightly less convinced that I'm finally losing my mind.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

when was the last time you picked up a Berenstain Bears book?
edit on 22-6-2014 by Boswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boswell

when was the last time you picked up a Berestain Bears book?

Never! It's BereNstain and used to be BereNstein in the old universe I'm from. Apparently you're from a completely different (but wholly acceptable -- I'm not judging) alternate universe too!!

edit on 22-6-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Maybe they had different printing runs and the one's I read had typos that were not caught. I asked five different friends today and they all remember 'stein.' I have also had the experience of having a girlfriend for a couple of months before realizing she had green eyes. I was sure they were brown.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

edit on 22-6-2014 by Boswell because: lost interest with the people/thread

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

edit on 6/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Now we have to announce we lost interest in the people and the thread instead of just leaving it be silently.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

edit on 22-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: I still have a huge interest in this thread, and everybody who has posted in it. It's a fascinating topic, and a fascinating phenomenon that I think goes beyond just 'unreliable memory.' I personally think it's one of the most interesting ATS threads I've come across in my many years of lurking here, and as a member. I'm still trying to work my way through this 95 page thread www.abovetopsecret.com... because of my high level of interest.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

edit on 6/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: I couldn't agree more. I have enjoyed it a lot myself, regardless of why some of see it differently. I'm still checking in on it every so often so I don't miss anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Only on page 5 of the 95 page (still active) monster, wow!

I am at a loss what to think so far. I would have honestly never given any of this any true thought before this thread. I would have found it too "out there" for me. Now, I am scratching my head....

edit on 22-6-2014 by Doodle19815 because: Sorry to ruin the small type run ya'll had going on there. I just didn't have anything witty to say to that person who may or may not have lost interest. If he made through the whole thread only to stop now, that is sad. What a fascinating subject this thread has become!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Isn't it funny how everyone in the thread claiming "false memory" are unsuccessfully trying to plant a false memory (-stain) in our heads?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

edit on 22-6-2014 by _Del_ because: I hope I didn't scare him off :/ Maybe he has fully embraced this new BereNstain reality because I see he edited his earlier post.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

edit on 6/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: I don't think you scared him off. I think he made the difficult choice to go with his "Stain" brethren. We must respect his wishes.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I am laughing SO hard at the 'edited' responses here....love the humour! (yeah that's right, I spell humour with a "ou" because I'm in the alternate universe of Canada, lol).

We are not idiots, we are not illiterate...and I firmly believe that those of us defending 'stein' are doing so because WE read the Berenstein books.

Whatever has happened, obviously cannot be explained...but...I am incredibly interested in this thread. I am about to embark on the other 95-page thread with much enthusiasm.

*fist bumps my fellow steiners*
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I warned you all about talking about this subject. However, everyone kept on keeping on.

I'm sure you all posted this before, but if not let's do it again

mandelaeffect.com...

It's called the Madela Effect. Shifts in social consciousness actually affects reality subtly every single day. Most of the changes, shifts, and turns are fairly innocuous and subatomic/genetic (you read that correctly) in their alterations; however, you'd be surprised to realize that there are sometimes serious macro level effects. Nelson Mandela, Billy Graham, Bob Dylan, New Zealand's location, August 19 1945 third Abomb on Tokyo, the Nagasaki bomb falling in a valley due to poor visibility conditions rather than hitting the city (but still causing major damage), episodes of cartoons that mysteriously disappear...etc etc

These Macro Effects, well, they worry me. The phantom movement of reality is difficult and unsettling to grasp as there seems to be a presence that begins to "notice you noticing it" once it is researched in any depth. Ever drop a pencil, pen, or other silly desk item? Remember it making a noise as it hit the ground? Remember looking down for it and not finding it? Remember the frustration? Remember looking on your desk to see that object neatly placed in a funny manner? Remember that odd feeling that something was looking at you?

The more you gaze into its eyes, the easier it becomes to gaze into your streams of existence. Careful.

Let it rest...or, be brave. I'm sure no trouble can come from simple e to a discussion...or could it? BuM BUM BUUUUUUUUM.
edit on 22-6-2014 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think us Steiners should create a thread, and try to figure out all the other things that have changed.
(I also remember Mandela dying more than once, for example.)
Also,why haven't the Stainers noticed?

Was this by accident, that we noticed,or were we meant to?
Dum, dum, dum
(Play dramatic music.)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

I appreciate your warning...but I am the brave one who cannot let it lie.
I want to know....no, I need to know.

I have been searching for the last 2 hours, and have found many other forums (some a few years old)...where the Berenstein/stain name change has been discussed. It's not just a few of us here on ATS....it's a LOT of us.

There is much more to this world than most of us know. Awareness is increasing.
Apparently people are also discussing how the 'Bear' books became more Christian over time. I don't want to turn this into a religious discussion, but I'm wondering if that would tie into the name change. (Yes, I still insist that the name has been changed.)

jacygirl

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join