It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Worst. Advice. Ever.

This is ATS...we don't IGNORE things here...

A2D

Its.. like.. ATS heresy

We have the recipe for success; the people who throw out wild ideas, those who explore it directly, and those who are there to "keep everyone grounded."

Entertainment, curiosity, and wonder to be had by all!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric

Something may be going on, but its best to ignore it. You heard me. Ignore it

You tell us to ignore it after you admit you believe something may be going on?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm from the timeline where Austrlia was nowhere near Papua New Guinnea

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

I probably should stop, but it intrigues me even more though. I wonder if these types of things have always happened, but without the internet to communicate with the rest of the world we never had the chance to realize it.

It is easy and comfortable to just chalk this up to memory being so unreliable. I just don't believe that so many people thinking the same thing so passionately should be immediately swept under the rug.

What if at random along the "master" timeline, certain people in certain locations were "swapped" with other versions of themselves. Given the theory of an infinite number of parallel universes, which is just as credible as any other theory these days, why would that not be possible?

Mankind in general is quick to forget and make the same mistakes. What if part of that is just due to the ever exchanging reality that is parallel universes colliding with each other. Given that they are infinite, it would be safe to say that there are trillions and trillions of extremely similar parallel universes that are off by a tiny bit. Life is so similar there is no way to tell the difference, but certain decisions made have changed things that are unbeknownst to us.

You never know...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom
You know what? I have waffled about posting this for long enough, so I might as well already...the "nagging feeling" to post the following will simply not let me be...

Perhaps this is one way we can find our "tribe". In this instance, I am meaning tribe as "people whom we resonate with". And all I can say is that I mean that we may resonate on other issues, perhaps for a reason(?), with the Berenstein/stain issue being a guidepost of sorts.

To what end, I haven't a clue. But I AM being nudged to post this for whatever reason. Sorry kids, that's as clear as I can make the "feeling".

I was thinking this very thing before I read your post and was formulating something similar to post myself. The two sides of the experience seem to have diametrically different personalities or mentalities.

The steins and the stains. This could change everything...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem
I can just picture the alternate world on ATS debating about why Berenstain is now spelled stein.

"But, but, my friends and I all made jokes when I was a kid about bear stains."

"Don't you think it would be stupid to spell it with an A? That is so dumb."

Chime the chorus of yeah that is so wrong to spell it with an A! Why would you ever even think that?

LOL, I can just picture it.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I lol'd really hard reading this -

The steins and the stains. This could change everything...

Not in a bad way, just the way it was worded, and with such dramatic foreshadowing

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This whole thing reminds me of Fringe... except...not as scary
(specifically THIS little gem of knowledge.....New York City's downtown borough is spelled "Manhatan" in the alternate universe....)

"We think we understand reality. But our Universe is only one of many. The unknown truths of the way to travel between them has already been disocvered, by beings much like us, but who's history is slightly ahead of our own. The negative aspects of such visitations will be irreversible both to our world and to theirs. It will begin with a series of unnatural occurrences - difficult to notice at first. But growing, not unlike a cancer, until a simple fact becomes undeniable - only one world will survive. It will either be us...or them."

A2D
edit on 21-6-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

lol! That is hilarious. You are spot on with that, one of the alternate universes would say that exact same thing. It would be more believable in that universe though.

The BerenSTAIN bears like you said would have sparked A LOT of dumb jokes from kids over the years, and would be much more easily remembered overall.

link   
The steins are suddenly thrust into a world that doesn't make sense and everything is suspect, the stains are desperately trying to hold on to their perceived reality.

Wouldn't it be strange if something as innocuous as the Berenstein bears were to bring about an evolutionary leap in our understanding of reality and our place in it?
edit on 6 21 2014 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I was just thinking about fringe earlier because of this
-- Loved that show

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Wouldn't it be strange if something as innocuous as the Berenstein bears were to bring about an evolutionary leap in our understanding of reality and our place in it?

I was thinking the same thing! This discussion just may be the harbinger that ushers in a new era of consciousness, evolution, and enlightenment.

edit on 21-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

huehuehue. in 20 years this is going to be hilarious.

bitches thought I was crazy for noticing slight differences everywhere I went.

well, I was right about obama and katrina and I'll be right about this.

now we just play the waiting game

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

i'd be careful about who might be reading this though.

there are certain elements at play that would prefer that we not know the truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I wouldn't worry about that. We bicker amongst ourselves so much that those "certain elements" don't even have to lift a finger.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: caterpillage

I was thinking the same thing! This discussion just may be the harbinger that ushers in a new era of consciousness, evolution, and enlightenment.

lol just look at mother and father, that knowing look... they know what's about to go down

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

haha guess you're right.

but if I were you, i'd be watching the people who remember -stain a little more closely in the future

that means irl as well.

This whole stein/stain thing is a guidepost.
to know your allies from your foes

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27

huehuehue. in 20 years this is going to be hilarious.

bitches thought I was crazy for noticing slight differences everywhere I went.

well, I was right about obama and katrina and I'll be right about this.

now we just play the waiting game

I would be interested to hear about other differences you have noticed, and anybody elses for that matter. I have run across inconsistencies from time to time though I have until this point disregarded them. I shall not do so further. I plan to keep my eyes and ears for this sort of thing open and in tune in the future.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

There is currently another(ongoing from 2008) thread on ATS about a timeline shift(95 pages currently)...People are discussing things that have changed to their knowledge....

One user said this:

2: A state capital changed.
This is a slightly different thing to me because of the odd circumstances. After moving to Ripley, Tennessee in the mid 1970s my parents enrolled me in a local private school. Third grade, yes I realize that this was a long time ago and I could just be mistaken.
The reason for this portion of the post is….After taking a test about some pretty basic stuff the teacher made a point to single out my answer about the state capital. I had selected Nashville from a multiple choice of three possible answers. Memphis, Knoxville and Nashville. She called my name and pointed out my stupidity of not knowing the capital of the state I lived in and the whole class had a good laugh. “Nashville is the country music capital, Knoxville is the state capital….Memphis is the largest city.” was one statement she made that I have never forgotten. Being new at that school and the area this did not help my “being the new kid” at all.
I do not like to make the same mistake twice if I can help it, but it was a lesson well learned. Never had another issue with that or any other state capital, made a point to memorize them well. Years went by, got married, had some kids….the basic life stuff. In 2005 I was playing a trivia game on Pogo.com to get my wife‘s badge for that game (She hates trivia). The question came up. What is the capital of Tennessee?
I pop in Knoxville and it was wrong. Having seen their games cheat randomly or have wrong facts a few times I almost let this go…almost. My mother also plays games at pogo and enjoys getting badges. I call her up and tell her about the glitch with the game when she informed me that Nashville is the capital of Tennessee.
She is from Tennessee, born and raised in Crossville. Still I jump on Google and look it up. Nashville is the capital. Knoxville was, until 1819 according to everything I find now.

There are plenty of other "oddities" in that thread if you're interested and have 95 pages of time on your hands...

A2D

edit on 21-6-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Hate to nitpick, but it looks like it was started in 2008, not 2006 (I'll just assume you mistyped, rather than accusing you of being from another universe
.)

Anyway thanks for the link! I look forward to immersing myself more into this topic.

edit on 21-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join