It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
as bashar says...we are switching through billions of parallel universes per second.

This is how time is created, this is how linear perception is created.

This is how consciousness is created!

This is why scientists don´t "find" consciousness.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I think this is a bigger conspiracy. All these years I never noticed this:

When did the arrow appear?!

1994:

History of the Fed Ex Logo

The Story Behind The Famous FedEx Logo, And Why It Works

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
btw: we will perceive this more and more from now on..Cause we are in the time of the "splitting" ....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I just can't seem to let this go.

I did a search on last names, and there doesn't appear to be any information related to a last name of Berenstain. There is however much on Berenstein and Bernstein. (and it's rather interesting)
www.worldfamilies.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.worldfamilies.net...

I have a few personal theories of my own, but the one thing I cannot explain is how OLD books are showing the spelling Berenstain.
I don't generally make mistakes when reading names/words.
And why...WHY are people talking about this on numerous other sites/blogs...and why are they photo-shopping the 'ein' spelling into pictures...if it's always been 'ain'?

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I have a stack of them that are 20 years old and older, Every one of them is Berenstain Bears and I too thought it was stein but it is simply not. So, those of you who think we have had a change I would add I noticed this 'stain thing early on reading to my kids because as a youth I THOUGHT it was 'stein. Oh well.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Maybe the Berenstains changed their name when the family came to the U.S. (but before the books were written), so the name could be unique to them, and there may be no other people who use that spelling.

My family name was anglicized when my grandfather came over, and it is extremely unique (i.e., I've never heard of my family name outside of my family).

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

It's been explained that is exactly what happened.

*off to search for it*

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Hi Soylent!
You could be right about that.
I've been reading the Wiki pages about the authors...the Berenstains. Apparently the husband, Stan Berenstain was Jewish and his wife Jan was Episcopalian.
I couldn't care less what religion anyone is....but, wouldn't a Jewish name end in 'ein'?
So why would they change the spelling of their name, and why isn't that change ever mentioned?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why so many people adamantly claim to remember the 'ein' spelling.
This thread has been very interesting (and somewhat frustrating, lol)...so thank you OP!

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wow...interesting!
I also read these as a kid and totally remember them being "-stein" and NOT "-stain". If it had been "-stain", we would have made immature "stain" jokes about it.
But on the other hand, I am also one of those people from that other thread who are convinced that New Zealand isn't where I always remember it being, so who knows.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ezwip

And just because that is signed "son of" we HAVE to believe that the anonymous poster is Mike? I don't care if it is/was spelled one way or the other, but come on. That piece of evidence has no sway over my opinion.

ETA - I see it has already been addressed by a wiki link.... Never mind.

edit on 21-6-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

originally posted by: gottaknow
Top comment of article:
AnonymousAugust 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM

"I normally don't comment on blogs about our family name but yours was so unusual and imaginative that I thought it only appropriate to add my thoughts. "Berenstain" according to our family lore was an attempt by an unknown imigration officer sometime in the late 1800s to reproduce phonetically a highly accented version of the tradtional Jewish name "Bernstein" as pronounced by my Father's grandparents when they came to America from the Ukraine.
In that linguistic region, the name tended to come out sounding something like, "Ber'nsheytn". Since that's how the name was originally documented, it has always been spelled that way by our family and it has always been misread and mispronounced by nearly everyone. It has always been "The BerenstAin Bears". Your parallel reality theory is very resourceful but, unfortunately, by applying Occam's razor, we arrive at the explanation that most people have just misread the name.
Mike Berenstain (Son of Stan and Jan)"

Also, feel free to check Ebay, as there are several old books with the correct spelling on it as it always has been.

And THIS is how religion is formed.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Okay...I was reading on 'Ancestry.com' and there IS a Stanley Berenstain listed, born in the correct year...in Philadelphia. Everything on the internet seems to correspond to the 'ain' spelling.

As of right now, I cannot find anything to support the 'ein' spelling of their name.

While I am not quite ready to claim 'defeat', lol...I will admit that I cannot prove a darn thing.
I will however keep looking in old book stores because I'm stubborn.

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I noticed the spelling several years ago when I read these books to my kids. It looked odd
to me then, but I just wrote it off as, wow--I never knew it was spelled like that, but
there it is in print as Berenstain.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

hahaha!!!!
duuuuuuuude! i thought i was nuts a while back cos i almost died when Nelson Mandela had died.... AGAIN!
this is crazy... i always thought i had things mixed up and he hadn't really died...
now things are really mixed up !!!!

have felt this way about a couple of others too... forget now..
maybe you'll spit it out in some other thread lol

and i have no clue about the bernsteins/bernstains
they don't exist where i come from............ country i come from before anyone gets too excited
]

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

A member posted the link to this newspaper archive. (Page 25)
news.google.com...

Just thought I'd show the picture.
As synchronicity would have it, I downloaded about 12 videos of Berenstein Bears stories for my grade 1 students and I noticed that the spelling seemed off right away too. I clearly remember it being with -stein, and not -stain.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: thisguy27

Like, what if the people who remember the -stein way are different than those who remember it as -stain

They are different. The ones who remember it as Berenstein are wrong. Berenstain is correct. I always thought that was a weird spelling but that's the way it was.

Did you read the old sourcing documents posted?
There are like 6 of them posted towards the bottom of page 1, old newspapers, and they refer to the books as Berenstein.

Do any show the actual books clearly or just misspellings from idiot ad writers?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

All that proves is that the person who wrote that ad made the same mistake everyone else is making.

It's an understandable mistake, considering that people know that names ending in "--stein" are common, but it is a mistake nevertheless.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There is no mistake and there are no coincidences.

When you find all of your old books and you realize, without a doubt, that the spelling has changed...

Remember, time travel is real and has been proven. Into the "future", at least. Research astronauts and time discrepancies noticed between Earth clocks and theirs upon returning from space.

There is only one conclusion from all of this.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Why so crass? I'm interested in the topic despite remembering the spelling differently than others. If anything, it lended more credence to the side of the argument you seem to reside. Be happy! I hate it that you are taking it so hard! My heart is with you, bro!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
There is no mistake and there are no coincidences.

When you find all of your old books and you realize, without a doubt, that the spelling has changed...

But the old books all say "BerenstAIN".

The mistake is that people are used to seeing similar names with the ending commonly spelled "stein". Names ending in "stein" are common. As for names ending in "stain", people are not accustomed to such an odd spelling (and "--stAin" is an odd spelling), so they just assume that it is spelled with an "e". However, that assumption would be wrong.

It's a simple enough mistake, and quite understandable.

edit on 6/21/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join