It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What's really going on is that Mike Berenstain has been switched with his other in the parallel universe also, and that's out proof. He thinks his own name is Berenstain!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think this is a bigger conspiracy. All these years I never noticed this:

When did the arrow appear?!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ezwip

There's no proof that that is even Mike to begin with....

A2D

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think I figured it out (as I remember Stein as well)

We were all reading these books before we could write cursive. Naturally, being 7.. 8.. 10 when we first started to read these.. we were so used to hearing last names with stein in them from TV, we naturally just saw "Bernstein" in cursive on the book covers.
edit on 21-6-2014 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

There's no proof that that is even Mike to begin with....

A2D

en.wikipedia.org...

Even if it's not "the" Mike there is a real Mike. Are we to assume that he and everybody that knew him were all left here during the switch? Is Mike the mastermind of the whole thing? Maybe he is...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Still been thinking about this topic a lot...

I'm wondering how many of us in the -stein group remember other things differently that the majority says we're wrong about?--Maybe us in the -stein group have more common memories than we're aware of. I could've sworn as a young child of the 90's I heard a lot about Nelson Mandela's death. I was very surprised to hear of it again this decade. (And even further surprised that this is one of the events some people seem to have an alternate memory of.) I also seem to remember Bob Barker died twice

Anybody else out there having these weird memory lapses for other events?

The reason I'm so adamantly questioning this is because I was always a great reader, and have an almost infallible memory when it comes to many things. Heck, I hardly studied in school because I could remember most of the material with my reliable memory after reading it once. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong in most cases, but when it's very, very weird like this, then I need to take a second look.

I think the fact that so many remember -stein, and that there's threads, blogs, and even photoshopped pics devoted to this seemingly mundane topic (can't say I was ever a big fan of Berenst_in Bears) in itself is very intriguing.

edit on 21-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

While it's plausible...it really doesn't apply in my situation...

I've always been the type to read everything...front, back, prologue, epilogue, title, author, about the author...literally EVERYTHING....been that way since I was old enough to read.

I'm also the type of person that catches grammatical errors rather easily...

(I don't know how to embed pictures but...)
Things like this
have NEVER fooled me...

I don't why I've just always been very careful about reading...and I remember Berenstein...

BUUT..that being said...I also can't remember what I ate for dinner last night...

A2D
edit on 21-6-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I remember with an E as well. But I am sure that is just more to do with pronunciation and assumed spelling.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Maybe not the mastermind behind a universe swap...
But you never really know what someone could be hiding...

A2D

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I think this is a bigger conspiracy. All these years I never noticed this:

When did the arrow appear?!

Are you telling us the letters 'e' and 'a' are subject to pareidolia, as is the arrow there?

edit on 21-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
All through school I was interested in silent letters, like in tsunami, pterodactyl, and such. One such word was Dilemna, the n being silent, I always remember spelling it that way. Years later, I'm reading a book and I see the spelling "Dilemma" I think huh? That's an easy word, why did they get that wrong. I look in the different dictionaries that I have access to, online included, and not one shows the spelling I grew up with.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am from the berenstein universe and I remember those books well. They were the first books I learned to read with at 3 and a half years old. Bears in the dark was my favorite. And I had the entire book memorized. I just now googled the book and am completely shocked. I am now in the berenstain universe. Even writing it feels wrong. I am not known for misspellings and this is bothering me now thanks. The berenstein universe wasn't that great so I guess I'm glad to be here.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I actually came up with a similar theory involving imaginary numbers representing alternate timelines in order to explain a mathematical paradox - no one listens to legitimate theories, in my opinion, if they aren't part of the mainstream science field (which is actually not in line with many new empirical studies).

What I'm saying is that people in the mathematics field and certain other fields especially psychology don't seem to keep up with what is happening in the physics field, especially quantum physics, and this makes their theories outdated but they are pretty stubborn about it.

I wrote an e-mail to some professors about a topic very similar to this involving imaginary numbers, is how I know. You can be pretty smart and not be taken seriously because to be entirely honest, that requires money and corruption.

Which is why I would gladly share my ideas and publish them for free on ATS over trying to get them taken seriously professionally... you just have to wait for someone else ten years down the line to discover the same thing officially basically.
edit on 21amSat, 21 Jun 2014 03:40:59 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well this thread is the spookiest thing I have read lately - and I am NOT easily freaked!

I had two of the Berenstein Bears books as a young child, and I would never have DREAMED it could be spelled any differently! I have an innate memory for these things, and there is no way I have ever witnessed the spelling as Berenstain, until now. *cue Twilight Zone theme*

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
I've always been the type to read everything...front, back, prologue, epilogue, title, author, about the author...literally EVERYTHING....been that way since I was old enough to read.

I'm also the type of person that catches grammatical errors rather easily...

This has been my experience as well - if I had already read all books that were on hand and the library was closed, I often resorted to reading the phone book or dictionary.

I was a spelling bee champ in grade school, and I distinctly remember dilemna (and not dilemma) as well.

originally posted by: Angel Marie
The berenstein universe wasn't that great so I guess I'm glad to be here.
I concur, only this one is not so hot either - but it definitely has potential.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I also clearly remember it being Berenstein with an 'e'.

There is clearly a glitch in the matrix.
I searched and found a website where a guy has proof that it was Berenstein.
He had a nostalgia folder and has a picture of it too.

I'm confused.
And wonder what changed..and why in our timeline.

Go see for yourselves.
krauspe.eu...

Edit to add:If this was just one person saying this, I'd say he's a nutter, but there's too many of us who remember it with the correct spelling including myself.

My theory is that the timeline has been modified to avoid something. By whom or what I don't know.
edit on 21/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

edit on 21-6-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I watched this religiously with my son. It WAS the Berenstein Bears, NO doubt. Even my son agrees.

This is the FIRST time I will ever admit that something is amiss in a big way.....like something has changed somehow, but I have no idea what. This is the only ever time I am adamant that someone on this site is not making things up!!

Star and Flag!!

PS....reminds me of a black and white photo of a pterodactyl from the 1800's that was allegedly caught by farmers or something, i remember the pic from years ago but now its nowhere to be found and possibly replaced with another similar photo that is NOT it!! Other people remember the pic I am on about too!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I showed my girlfriend (she is an English teacher and has never heard of the show) the "word stamp"/logo (Berenstain) then covered it up and asked her to spell it. She spelt it "Berenstein"

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ilikeboringthings
I showed my girlfriend (she is an English teacher and has never heard of the show) the "word stamp"/logo (Berenstain) then covered it up and asked her to spell it. She spelt it "Berenstein"

That goes to show that perception is winning out over facts.

The fact is that it was BerenstAIN (I call it a fact because I have said earlier why I have a specific reason I know it is "--stain"), but perception of the sound of the word, and how similar words are normally spelled, causes people to wrongly believe it is (and always was) spelled with an "e".

It's especially telling that Mike Berenstain, the son of the Authors, says his name has always been spelled with an "a". Don't you think he would remember if it was ever otherwise? I mean, some of you swear you remember it was obviously otherwise, so it seems it SHOULD be obvious to him (if it were true).

edit on 6/21/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue
John Titor is just preventing World War 3 for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join