It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair: 'We didn't cause Iraq crisis'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I take umbrage at your wilful use of the word "barbarian" - most folk in Iraq just want to live their lives in peace like the rest of us. These ISIS fellows are but a small fraction of the population and are certainly not representative of the whole population, they are just well funded by our "friends" in Saudi and Qatar.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The US is far from innocent either, neo...

And the crusades? Really, we're going there are we?
edit on 15/6/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: neo96
Blame Bush and Blair for a situtation the 'colonial' powers of Britian and France created near a century ago.

Careful, being a bit simplistic there yourself

Much of what France and the UK Governed last century was handed to us after the Ottoman Empire collapsed post WW1 - Yes, we had a hand in the region, but as you correctly pointed out earlier, no one is innocent in not meddling down there.

Yeah well.

Sorry to burst the demagogic bubble that the false narrative of this thread is pushing.

Some people are telling me the US to 'blame' for the ME 'crisis' a country that has been around for a couple of hundred years.

Where as the snip that goes on in the ME has been the, same snip, different day, different year for two millennia.

edit on 15-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

A statement like that shows how ignorant and irresponsible politicians are. They jump at the chance to take credit for positive change, yet will vehemently deny their mistakes and poor political decisions.

(post by crazyewok removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by crazyewok removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Tony Blair: 'We didn't cause Iraq crisis' - The devils secretary: "We didn´t cause the hell"

FacePalm

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Blame Bush and Blair for a situtation the 'colonial' powers of Britian and France created near a century ago.

Careful, being a bit simplistic there yourself

Much of what France and the UK Governed last century was handed to us after the Ottoman Empire collapsed post WW1 - Yes, we had a hand in the region, but as you correctly pointed out earlier, no one is innocent in not meddling down there.

Yeah well.

Sorry to burst the demagogic bubble that the false narrative of this thread is pushing.

Some people are telling me the US to 'blame' for the ME 'crisis' a country that has been around for a couple of hundred years.

Where as the snip that goes on in the ME has been the, same snip, different day, different year for two millennia.

Sorry to burst your little red white and blue bubble but no one saying the USA is solely to blame.

What we are saying is everyone has had a hand in the crap throwing in the ME.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Sorry but the whole thread is based on the UK prime misters comments. So Im certainly including my own country.

Really did not pay attention to what went on in Syria ?

REALLY ?

www.frontpagemag.com...

Also did you miss the youtube videos on 'terrorists' making their own wmds in Syria ?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your little red white and blue bubble but no one saying the USA is solely to blame. What we are saying is everyone has had a hand in the crap throwing in the ME.

red white and blue bubble ?

the union jack ?

I said as much here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But it was ignored because some like to argue for the sake of it.

edit on 15-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What I find ironic is that the conservative mind set both British and American, likes to expound on taking responsibility, except when it applies to them, then the finger pointing and lame excuses and blame game takes center stage. Clearly evident in this thread!!! Hypocrites.
edit on 15-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Iraq under Saddam had two major wars and many other disrupting events, but Iraq didn’t dissemble into chaos UNTIL the US and its allies invaded and forever tore apart millions of Iraqi lives and opened up hell for that country. As well, needlessly caused the death and injury of thousands of Americans.

It added fuel to fires already lit and made things much worst.

That is the truth and what TRUTHFUL history will forever record

And send Bush and Blair

INTO THE HELLFIRE!

edit on 15-6-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Even if BLiar is not responsible for the mess in Iraq now, he's clearly stated that this mess is due to the fact that the West did not intervene militarily in Syria. That's him clearly wanting further death and destruction.

Saudi, Qatar and Kuwait, birth places of the wahabi ideoligy. Not only that but also directly responsible for 9/11 and funding/arming terrorists all around the world.

Now keeping aside the 1400 year old shia/sunni differences, why do US and israel have such close ties with Saudi, Qatar and Kuwait when they are the root cause of 90% of the problems?

edit on 15-6-2014 by forklift because: typo

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
When I hear pronouncements like this from people like Blair, Bush, Clinton, Obama, whomever, I'm reminded of the scene in Alien where they knock the head off the "science officer" and discover he's been a robot all along, leading them into the jaws of the monster. These people are not only inhumane. They are inhuman, meta-human, trans-human, sub-human and simply beyond all rational belief. They are a political pestilence.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
O totally agree with Tony Blair for one. "WE" didnt cause the crisis.
It was "YOU AND BUSH WHO DID"

And if in God's eyes he sees that the bloodshed and lives lost were a result of the bull# you both fed the world in order to profit financially, secure specific contracts, influence stock markets or dressing it up as a global threat when if you step back looks more alobg the lines of ethnic cleansing......he is going to kick your arses and everyone else connected to you who have knowingly done so.
Destabilisation of areas for minerals and also looking for an artifact also counts too.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
removed
edit on 15-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think Bush and Blair had plenty of rehearsals with each other about what to say when people with actual facts call them out on Iraq. They use denial as their tool of deception.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"British Conservative Mind set" indeed! You should learn not to generalise and put the public into your scenarios.

As an English man, I hated the idea of our troops going into Iraq because it was patently obvious that the American Government along with ours knew perfectly well that after they had created mayhem for the poor public there amd seized control of the oil, Iraq had the dollars to pay for the damage that American and probably British contractors would charge to put the country to rights again.

Syria, no oil to payee so goeeee. I doubt my cynicism is misplaced.

If you think the public in Britain agreed with any of this, you are sadly mistaken. Blair took the decision without consulting tghe Britgish Parliament. And by the way, the Conservative's here are in the minority - depending of what poll you look at, as if its financed by certain ME factions here in powerful places it lies.

To be honest, whatever Tony Blair says about not causing the Iraqi crisis, he certainly was a major part of it and relied on the USA to tell the public Sadam had WMD, when he should haved listened to his own intelligence.

Any politician should be given a list of obvious things about the world, before they get their ars-s in the comfort seat. One VIP fact is that if there is a powerful Dictator in power, they are ruling over very difficult and usually waring factions. Its only with a viscious hand that they can run the country. Yugoslavia, when Tito died should have been a lesson learned, but sadly this is a fact of politics, that most politicians are ignorant about. We appear to teach our 'wannabe' pollups' usually in school and university that we 'play nice' so when they get into their seats they are naive and hopeless in the decisions they make, unless they have dual passports with a certain ME country when they are in politics because they have been deliberately groomed to get into positions of power to force the country to help out where necessary - which Tony and Bush appear to have told to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

How Tony Blair thinks he still has credibility let alone should be listened too has me baffled.. The guy is a disgrace.

Tony Blair has being protected by the British government ever since with the invasion of Kosovo.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
did we have to take out saddam? yes

did we do it poorly? yes

did we not bring democracy to iraq? clearly not, and therein lies you blame mr blair

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join