It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when you're black and you walk down the street

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is the most bizarre thing ive seen all day. I want to believe that that cop had a reason to pull him over but... lets not kid ourselves.

Something is missing in this picture, and im not just referring to that man's rights that were clearly null and void.
edit on 10-6-2014 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Can this not be a white/black thing

it's clearly a stupid/smart thing

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Well he's guilty of murdering English Grammar at the very least, book him.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The most amazing part is that it is white people shooting the LV cops in the name of the rights of white people being taken and not minorities shooting the LV cops.

Sorta the definition of ironic.

Derek

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Where have all the Molon Labe, stand up against tyranny brigade gone?

All I see in this thread is liberals arguing with people who think it's the guy's own fault.

Funny that.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

And for those of you who truly wish to 'deny ignorance' and not simply whine about the oppression of the blacks, the Officer CLEARLY states "jaywalking" when the homie asks him what he's being stopped for. Learn to listen instead of pontificate.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: motthoople

A little excessive for just jay walking? I was wondering if maybe something happened earlier like a fight, or some issue at an establishment?

If you struggle and do not comply, this will be the result. If you don't back away and just give the police officers their space, that is what happens unfortunately.

Doesn't make it right, it just is what it is. Not sure what all the facts are concerning this incident, so not sure really what to say.

I will say that unless earlier the guy did something violent, he certainly did not deserve to be thrown on the car for only jay walking. If that was the case. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Excessive for jaywalking, certainly, but problem is everyone keeps saying he did nothing wrong and the Officer never told him what he did. Errr.... it's there right in front of you in the first minute of the video, all one need to do is pay attention. Here in Seattle the Cops beat up a mentally disturbed WHITE kid for exactly the same thing. So they do and will in certain areas of a major city stop you for jaywalking, once again homeboy was hawing when he should of been listening.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Want to know why this does not happen to the white kid in a Polo, simple, you have done it too yourselves. You culture celebrates the gangster. Your culture raps of violence. Your culture has no fathers, Your young men become criminals. Your culture abuses its women. Your culture is base, without general value , and animialistic. That is why this happens. Look at yourselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: FirePiston

Umm he is cussing and being obnoxious. Then starts doing some weird thing with his body.. I would see this and think mentally unstable and perhaps that is why someone is recording him, for evidence maybe. If your going to walk around outsude in public acting a fool someone will take notice. We also do not know before the video if cops were called or not for something else that the video does not show.
Firepiston

It's really scary that a person thinks like that. Given that rule, there is a huge number of people who will be arrested for obnoxious.

If they act a fool cussing up a storm and preaching the gang culture and mentality than absolutely as they should be.
Firepiston

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

This was all unprovoked and unwarranted...not to mention the rights that were infringed upon. This should be an easy court case.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissingRonnieR
Want to know why this does not happen to the white kid in a Polo, simple, you have done it too yourselves. You culture celebrates the gangster. Your culture raps of violence. Your culture has no fathers, Your young men become criminals. Your culture abuses its women. Your culture is base, without general value , and animialistic. That is why this happens. Look at yourselves.

This is absurd and twisted logic. This is like saying that we (as whites) should be profiled and arrested because of the KKK, biker gangs or the Skinheads. This guy did nothing to these officers or anyone else and did not deserve such treatment because of what another did at another time on another date. This is stupid racist logic.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'll try to break it down with my understanding of American "Law". Well first, the law is totally subjective. Meaning it is different according to who is doing the enforcing and who is being enforced on. The scale goes like this...
(Note Economic title at the beginning

Who gets enforced on the most.
1. Poor Black Male
2. Poor Hispanic Male
3. Middle Class Black Male
4. Middle Class Hispanic Male
5. Poor White Male
100....Rich White Male.

You get the idea. And since these laws are subjective in nature they will be enforced unequally. Affulenza is real and rich white people get off for murder (Don't bring up OJ because they got him eventually) and now it looks like sexual assault of minors. Why? Because Prison and Jail is meant for Poor people and Minorities. We can't even hide the truth of the For-Profit Prisons today but our national discussion is about something Obama did this week...instead of talking about the Heroin outbreak that is happening in this country that is worse the than the Crack epidemic of the 80s. Why? Race. Being a Black Male in front of a "Law Enforcement" officer is just plain dangerous. But any one who is Black knows this to be true. Looking at the video the only thing I can say is, the guy didn't leave the area quick enough. You can't be out there when these "Law Enforcement" officers are out there looking for trouble. The best advice for all minorities is to stay away from the police. You are guilty until proved innocent in this country.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MissingRonnieR

That is a very general statement. By your logic we all need to stay away from white males because they are known for shooting up schools or being serial murderers. Since that is what your culture is producing every week on the national news.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: motthoople

I understand your point, but the cop could have been a little more respectful is all that I am saying. Once the guy started acting up and not cooperating, his friends as well, yeah I understand, but it probably never needed to come down to that.

Why not just roll up and say hey how you doing? I just watched you jaywalking, and proceed to write him a ticket? If he does not comply, that is another story. You have to look at both sides, but to be fair, later on his friends screaming and filming probably didn't help the situation either.

All that over Jaywalking though? No, it could have been handled differently, And I don't make a habit of throwing police officers under the bus here, or anywhere else because two of my very good friends are Cops. I mean I feel like I am Alan Iverson talking to the media, "Jaywalking? We talking about Jaywalking? Jaywalking?" LMAO!

~$heopleNation

edit on 10-6-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

All i see is some idiot who refused to comply with that officer, lawful or not, reason or no reason..you DONT pull away from cops when they're trying to detain/search you. It's a serious issue for cops -- they don't want to be shot or stabbed (not saying this guy is a violent criminal or anything but thats what police think when you try and wiggle around while they're conducting a interview) and they also don't want people to reach for drugs and try to hide or destroy evidence.. If you're stopped by police this is a perfect example of WHAT NOT TO DO. you let them do their job, right or wrong, and then you go on about your way. Also his friends didn't help the situation at all infact i'd wager to believe they made it worse. I've been slammed into the trunk of a cop car and had my chin split open when i was 14...it was my fault for resisting and forgetting to tell the officer i had a knife on me, i learned my lesson. You stay calm and relaxed don't fidget around and everything will be ok. There MAY of been some racial profiling idk and there very well could of been a citizen report of a man matching a similar description doing something wrong...again i don't know so im not here to judge

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ltheghost

You know...your list pretty much represents the order you would place the various groups in when it comes to murders committed.

When you consider the "mass murders" quantitatively vs those murdered singly or not described as mass murders (in other words that drug deal that went sideways resulting in 3 people being murdered) you find that numbers-wise the mass murders make up a statistically small number of people murdered.

You obviously think that the minorities are getting a bum rap and are blamed for murders committed by white people(??).

Go live in the ghetto and then tell me what you think.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677
I was hoping for a companion thread entitled "This is what happens when you're white and you walk down the street in a black neighborhood." So we could see who gets the worse beating.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

To be fair, it was not what happens to a black person when they walk down the street in a white Neighborhood, it was what happens to a black person when they walk down the street. I understand your point, but just saying.

A white person walking down the street in a black neighborhood though, would surely run into trouble, but not from the Police. Just as a black person walking down the street in a white neighborhood, would find trouble as well, but vice versa because it would be because of the police, and not the neighborhood. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

This is what happens when you're white and you walk down the street in a black neighborhood."

I lived and worked, (and walked down the sidewalks), on the South Side of Chicago in an all black neighborhood. (I'm white by the way). Here is what happened to me.

1) When I jogged at night people would yell "Go Snow Cone" from their porches
2) A mugger stopped, asked me what I was doing there and then gave me some advice on how to avoid getting mugged.
3) I got stopped by cops a lot, offered a ride "home", told that I should be careful and that I was crazy for being there.
4)They forced me to learn how to play a card game called "bid whist"
4) I never had to buy a drink
5) I got invited to peoples homes for dinner a lot
6) I made a lot of friends.

Sometimes it's what you bring into these situations that determines what you'll find there.

edit on 10-6-2014 by imwilliam because: spellin

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join