It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when you're black and you walk down the street

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

So tell me what exactly did he do wrong in the first place?
edit on 9-6-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Jun 9 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: added OP reminder

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Reminds me of the joke from "dont be a menace" where the two main characters are arrested 'for being black on a friday night'.

Quite unbelievable how that escalates over nothing, must have been a slow night in crime town. Was he suspected of being another dangerous criminal with a warrant out? Just about the only justifiable reason for any of that i can come up with.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
So tell me what exactly did he do wrong?

Pretty sure you answered that in thread title.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
They put him in the back of the car, so it looks like they were booking him.

I don't think being in possession of black skin is a bookable offence, so it must be something else.

Why was he refusing to be searched?

Ah.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Messed up. His fate was sealed as soon as the cop got out of the car. Hands on the hood right away without so much as a "how are you this evening". Total racial profiling imo. Hope this guy wins a lawsuit somehow, because that was total BS.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Woooooow, probably pissed off about two of their own being gunned down today. Though I admit, I have no idea when this vid was taken so this was probably well before that happened. I hope that "cop" loses his badge, there was no need for that. Next will come the jackbooted thugs asking for your papers, and look out if you forgot them at home that morning! Freaking ridiculous! This is what happens when civilian police departments start adopting the techniques and techniques of deployed military police. Better safe than sorry, and screw their rights, should be their motto.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
All i can see he did wrong was Rap...pretty badly. 12 years at least.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
What is the police code for "Black and in public"? It has to be pretty standard, it seems like the only thing they care about half the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
way to go police officers....you should be commended for lack of being able to think.....guilty till proven innocent....what a waste of tax dollars.....why even bother paying tax if this is what the money gets used for .....oxygen thieves every last one of them

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

So tell me what exactly did he do wrong in the first place?

"During this whole episode I still have not seen the guy resisit arrest or have I even came up wit a reason on why did they stop this guy. I am not a law official of any sort but I am a citizen in the Greater Las Vegas area, and this is just a glimps of what gows on here and how the city police operate. If the right persoin see's this...."

Wow.

I really want that quote to sink in. Bask in it. Wallow and revel in it. This clip, like so many others on youtube, is a shining example of why the ghetto culture is targeted. Reading, writing and arithmetic? 'Niggas ain't gots no time fo' dat.'

My father-in-law (black guy) and I have never had an issue when we do things, but it could be because he doesn't dress and act like a drunken clown. My wife (black woman) and I have never had an issue, but again I chalk that up to her not shrieking another woman's name across the mall, then proceeding to decribe how she's 'Gunna smash dat ho' at the top of her lungs.

And you think what I've typed here is racist? You ought to hear my wife's grandmother talk about the ghetto culture. If I'm racist, she's perfected it in to an art form

Why can't the ghetto culture understand that when you act like an ass people are going to treat you like an ass and most likely not care when you get slapped around?

Caveat: No These young men weren't doing anything wrong as far as I could see. but regardless the old adage, "You're judged by the company you keep" comes to mind. If you want to identify with a group then you shouldn't be too surprised if people mistake you for belonging to that group.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

(post by 3n19m470 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

This is the United States of America. I have the right to dress and act like "a drunken clown" if i so wish without being assaulted, so long as i have not broken any laws in the process.

And I also want to address this- Why did he not consent to a search? Perhaps it was because the entire fawking premise for stopping him was complete fawking bowl#e!!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

He did no spell "goes" wrong. Did you make a mistake there or did you purposely add it in to make him sound worse? If you made an error, maybe you need to be targeted for harassment due to your logic. Oh and you forgot to capitalize the b in but in your final paragraph. Better fix that before someone slaps you around without anyone caring.

He spelled 4 words wrong and I saw one or may even two grammatical errors. Stellar for Internet standards. I counted "wit" as a spelling error even though it's been used commonly in informal conversation for over 3 or 4 decades.

These guys were not acting foolish to the degree that people should not care if they get slapped around. These are human beings. Your wife's grandmother being black does not automatically make her an authority on the subject of how we should treat human beings whow have not done a damn thing wrong. I think I know what kind of annoying offensive people she is talking about but like I said these guys were not behaving to any degree that would deserve such disdain and apathy.

Yeah, I get it, you'd be more apathetic if you weren't so lethargic. We know your type. Oh but you married a black woman so that gives you some kind of special badge that proves you're a good person...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
What is the police code for "Black and in public"? It has to be pretty standard, it seems like the only thing they care about half the time.

I believe the PC would be a 417s
That is 417 (brandishing) s (skin).

Racism...
Racism is dead folks, the happenings in this video happen to all colors of people.
Was Kelly Thomas beaten to death for the color of his skin?
Answer is no, he was murdered because we have a police problem.
It is ok though, as of late it seems others are noticing it too.
It won't be long until we reach critical mass on this problem though, then we will all be faced with the truth and how can we fix it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So what we have pretty much all over are police forces that go from talking to full on force with nothing in-between.

So here you have a small group of guys clowning around and some cop sees it and think, Hmm I wonder if they are drunk? I think it is ok to be drink in LV but I'm not sure.

He stops and should have a had polite conversation with the guy to do a quick assessment of the situation then leave, if the guy gets a little out of hand then the cop changes his stance a little to cage in the situation calms everyone down and then leaves if it is determine no laws are being broken.

This is not the norm in America any more. A cop stops you and if you do not, or can not, follow all his instructions perfectly he escalates the situation instantly with screams and a slam on the hood with cuffs. If it continues in anyway then its a stun gun or a real bullet.

This is not just a black thing this is the general attitude of most cops these days, hell we had a guy shot in his front yard as the cop screamed to put down the gun, which was a water hose, and the guy was confused and so he was killed.

When it comes to cops these days you might as well just lay on the ground and hope you don't get shot. Either way they are going to bang you up and charge you 2 or 3 charges when all you were doing was initially walking down the street.

edit on 9-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

soo if the ghetto culture was superior and in power and the stiff or square culture was the minority and we had ghetto rap cops pulling over polo shirt wearing dorks with sweaters tied around their necks you would obviously feel offended, after all.

"You're judged by the company you keep" comes to mind. If you want to identify with a group then you shouldn't be too surprised if people mistake you for belonging to that group.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

This is the United States of America. I have the right to dress and act like "a drunken clown" if i so wish without being assaulted, so long as i have not broken any laws in the process.

Yes you do have the right to dress and act like a drunk Ronald McDonald.
And as soon as the police interview you under suspicion of being drunk in public, they should let you go free if you are indeed NOT drunk in public.
If one wants to act stupid that is fine, but please do not cry when someone checks on your welfare.
That is if you do not get scared like a little bunny and try to run away.
Running only adds a real charge of "resisting".

And I also want to address this- Why did he not consent to a search? Perhaps it was because the entire fawking premise for stopping him was complete fawking bowl#e!!

He did not consent because he is vaguely familiar with his rights.
He should have known that this is one of the first statements you make at an officer.
When in cuffs is not the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Yep, all the black folks in prison are there just because they are black. Now where have I heard that before?

I'm white. I was pulled over in the ghetto once with the cop wanting to know what my business in that neighborhood was. He looked surprised when I told him I lived there.

So it seems to me that if you're in the ghetto, it does'nt matter what color you are, you are assumed to be up to no good.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
the old adage, "You're judged by the company you keep" comes to mind. If you want to identify with a group then you shouldn't be too surprised if people mistake you for belonging to that group.

Is that justice? People should be judged by who they hang around? And what do you mean by, "identify with a group"? What group are you referring to? You're pretty much defending, in one way or another, a case of injustice against the American people because they aren't "educated" like others. That's bigotry. It doesn't matter what color you are, who your mama is, or what kind of education y'all have. That's the definition of bigotry. You should be ashamed of yourself.

edit on 9-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
Yep, all the black folks in prison are there just because they are black. Now where have I heard that before?

Hmm..where in the my post did it say all blacks are in prison because they are black?

This has nothing to do with that. This is a guy walking down the street and being detained..etc for no apparent reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join