It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I got it, just haven't come up with a decent idea yet. I'd imagine that the internet and television is down by now and I don't know of anything that my character would know in that regards. You got any ideas?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Well I have an idea on a quest to partake in, but we will have to have to see where the story goes first. It might be something we have to do way down the road.

In terms of using stats, what I mean is, an encounter with something that requires both of ours skills, since we will be using the skill points soon once the week passes in the bunker.

I was just wanting to brainstorm ways in which agility could be used in conjunction with Perception. Like maybe... "Marcus senses something in the bushes" allowing Jack to "run up and knock the mutant on it's ass". kinda thing... we would have several opportunities to utilize these skills, its just coming up with the specific scenarios...
edit on 7-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

There will be some major training during the lock up week, or at least I expect there to be at any rate. Every body can find new roles, it is what would have to happen in real life. People that play COD for example would know something of combat, perhaps not much but more than others.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The quest would specifically involve retrieving Jack's dads HAM radio which Jack secured in the basement before leaving the house. The 6 foot Antenna on the roof, I'm thinking...would be on the ground since (though moderately to severely damaged) the explosion basically leveled everything. So it wouldn't be hard to obtain, it would just be a manner of hauling it back to the bunker. We would also need a generator, then BAM, we have access to the outside world.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I think we can get Sandra to go back to the bunker now unless she still has to do something.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Ehh a video game makes a poor comparison fro actual training. Without a training manual not like we are going to use that ham radio! Physical training type stuff yea but actual learning something we don't have any way of learning... The learning to shoot is a no brainer. Unless Angus as Mr repair guy can be stretched to that role? Actually that might work, he would be the character type that could hypothetically get it up and running!
edit on 7-6-2014 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Ok, no worries then. I've just been trying to think of things that Jack has access to which could contribute to the overall survival effort. Just a quest suggestion, I'm sure there will be many more. In any case, before we send groups off to do whatever, we will soon need to consider the stats and how certain ones will work best with others, etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'll ask Quad what he thinks down the road once this chapter is over to involve Angus in it. But keep in mind, Angus is not needed to RETRIEVE the HAM, just to get it up and running. Since Jack and Marcus are already acquainted well, and have stats that could mix well, I thought it might be a good opportunity to have them out exploring.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Shooting is going to come with practice after they all leave the bunker. As for everything else, however, they can practice while they're stowed away. Also, just for the record, Alan is very good with his hands too, when it comes to fixing things or figuring out how technology works. He and Angus are going to be the key technical experts while Dorian is MIA.

And, just to be clear, there won't be much hanging around in Las Nuvea Era after the week goes by. After that, its gonna be traveling time.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

All the more reason to get the damn HAM....lol the "damn ham". Anyway, if Marcus doesn't want to partake, I will be having Jack ask others. I wrote that ham radio in the basement part in for a reason.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

All the more reason to get the damn HAM....lol the "damn ham". Anyway, if Marcus doesn't want to partake, I will be having Jack ask others. I wrote that ham radio in the basement part in for a reason.

Its all good, were you hoping to do this before the time skip, or after?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

After, although I wasn't aware we were leaving town after. Perhaps it could be right before we leave town.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
No I am down for it. Also I kind of left the idea in my character bio that his dad owned guns and did some work on them. The milling machine & lathe aren't portable but we have a decent excuse for some more "custom" firearms. Btw I added a little more to the main thread if u want to play on it a bit. I'd rather write with you guys than play catch up.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is great. I am having a ball.

Just in case some do not know, my Avatar is usually the front cover of my current book. I am a male and writing a female part of this complexity is difficult. It is very good practice. Writing deep psych of a character of opposite gender or gender disposition is always difficult. Therefore, any hints would be welcome.

I just love how we are all working collectively to entwine the story around other posts.

I am impressed.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Oh sure, you can do that before leaving town.

The storyline is going to drag away from the town, that's all I meant.

And, don't worry about guns. Worry more about raiders, finding food, getting and purifying water, and finding safe places to sleep. Guns won't be an issue.

EDIT;

@pheonix358

Holy crap, that's wicked! Actually explains a little bit too.

Awesome!

edit on Xx657121230AM612 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yea pheonix358 especially with the different writing styles. I am out of practice and this has been a real blast of a way to write! I feel like I am getting a better flow of things to write as the story unfolds.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Yea pheonix358 especially with the different writing styles. I am out of practice and this has been a real blast of a way to write! I feel like I am getting a better flow of things to write as the story unfolds.

I agree

Oh yes, and Sandra is in the bunker now, so you can ask her about that room.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Throwing in quests later on sounds good .. angus should teach them the radio stuff ..
ryujin holed up at home as for now he is a ghost .. well figurative not literal ..his house is a smart house built with latest tech and fully self contained .. also armoured glass and structurally reinforced walls among other things as it had been designed and built by the japanese intelligence service to be a safehouse ..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
First writing attempt here .. you all write far better than me fun though and learning along the way ..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
First writing attempt here .. you all write far better than me fun though and learning along the way ..

I think you're doing pretty good, especially considering English is your... what... third language? You're doing much better than most of the people I see on that damn fanfiction site.

Those people give me migraines.

EDIT; Also, is Ryujin gonna bump into the group again outside of town after the week passes?

edit on Xx60810130AM61 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join