It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
I can see what wookiep is saying and well I created my character as more or less as a right hand man type. Sometimes the common sense things escape notice and I'm gonna try and play off that a little. Somebody needs to keep track of supplies and some of the more skilled exotic characters are the types to go due the fetching.

Yep!

There's a reason Alan is in the story. He's much better with his hands than he gives himself credit for, and his mother was a nurse who used to teach him a thing or two... she talked him into volunteering at a hospital, and he learned a lot of valuable stuff. Imagine that little anti-social know it all doing helpful things for sick people... hahahaha!

He's also a straight-A student. He's always been in denial about the government, but he is very intelligent. He and Sandra even each other out a bit, because she's also got maxed out intelligence, but I consider her smarts a little different from Alan's. Also, for the record, they aren't a "thing" (Sandra has a love interest in the original story, but I didn't add the other characters to the collaborative). Sandra and Alan have a very close friendship, even though they butt heads a lot.

But yeah, point being, this is being addressed by everyone. No worries.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Posting again cause it ended up at the bottom.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to rant. It's all good, I'll just have to (as Jackson would say) "Man up" and roll with it! Thanks for all the replies. Again sorry if it seemed like I was ranting or being a baby about things.

Also, off-topic -

To anyone who reads my posts, I tend to type fast to get the draft out, then I heavily edit after. Then I edit out the edits cause they are messy LOL. But I usually find my mistakes and if you see many mistakes, chances are I'm still editing so check the post a few minutes later if that's the case!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Um... sorry if I sound impatient, but where exactly are Sandra and Ryujin going? And when are they gonna get there? I'm kinda ancy to write some stuff.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I may have a super secret plan in the back ground about the envelope Ryujin is about to hand over... Could save the teams and Ryujin's life.... hahahha...hey I like Jason, John and Ryujin..!
a reply to: 727Sky

I support this for the record. I like them too, they need to stay a part of the story IMO, they've added too much to just be killed off.

No more of this "after Jason leaves" crap.
You're here for the long haul!
edit on 6-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
It is going rather slow tonight, huh? Guess it is to be expected. If nothing else, switch over to Alan and we can "feel" the characters out.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to rant. It's all good, I'll just have to (as Jackson would say) "Man up" and roll with it! Thanks for all the replies. Again sorry if it seemed like I was ranting or being a baby about things.

Also, off-topic -

To anyone who reads my posts, I tend to type fast to get the draft out, then I heavily edit after. Then I edit out the edits cause they are messy LOL. But I usually find my mistakes and if you see many mistakes, chances are I'm still editing so check the post a few minutes later if that's the case!

Is ok tend to do the same .. often typo as am worlds worst typist or forget to put something in ..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I wonder how long these two will be at the meeting.

Good stuff back at the bunker. One thing that does happen in these situations is the people in the Bunker will talk about the people who are not there. Always happens.

P

edit on 6/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Posting again cause it ended up at the bottom.

Also, off-topic -

Lol, I see what you mean. I just responded (in story) to you and looked back. You edited the post I responded to.
It's all good though, it still makes sense.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
We will get to Sue Lin in a moment so cover you ears. Lol

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
Um... sorry if I sound impatient, but where exactly are Sandra and Ryujin going? And when are they gonna get there? I'm kinda ancy to write some stuff.
back .. lost signal for bit here the usual afternoon rains ..
sandra and ryujin are now at the meeting place ..

great to see whats going on in the bunker as well .. was wonder if anyone would be talking in there ..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Would like to explain a cultural point .. even though japan is a modern country traditiion still plays a large role within the society . Members of the old samurai clans still practice martial arts from a young age as the skills are passed down from one generation to the next there are many at ryujins age and younger today who are very skilled at martial arts .. its not often discussed as after the second world war under the american occupation it was made illegal to teach or learn martial arts by the occupation forces though today martial arts are again openly practiced there are techniques that are not taught to outsiders instead they are kept within the clans .. outwardly the japanese followed that law but many continued training and study in secret .

Figured a short explanation was in order as alot in regard to japanese culture is still largely unkown to the west due in part to the xenephobic attitudes of the japanese which still at times influences my thinking even with working hard at trying to overcome it .. and difficulty at times in translating some things to english as english is a limited language that cannot express certain things , thoughts , concepts that can be expressed in languages like japanese and mandarin. Linguists will even tell you hardest language to learn is actually english due its structure and slang..

Anyhoo.. back to the story ..
edit on 6/6/14 by Expat888 because: typos..

edit on 6/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Thanks for that.

P

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Welcome.. thought it would help before people started claiming leaps in logic .. everything written is normal for someone with the training and background .. it does make things difficult trying to write at times with the cultural differences.. ryujin is one of the few who learned english at his fathers insistence .. most japanese still only speak japanese as all media , books tech manuals etc from outside japan are translated to japanese text from their original languages ..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Yes, thanks for that. This helps a lot when considering realism as a factor.

Forgive me for my ignorance...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
Welcome thats why thought should explain .. and no its not ignorance theres alot yet that even today I dont know / understand about western culture that leaves me puzzled at times ..

Learning is lifelong and its always good to learn new things .. have learned a few over the last few days working with all of you on this thread and look forward to learning more as it goes along ..

Glad that was able to help and dont underestimate yourself ..

edit on 6/6/14 by Expat888 because: typos..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: Wookiep
Welcome thats why thought should explain .. and no its not ignorance theres alot yet that even today I dont know / understand about western culture that leaves me puzzled at times ..

Learning is lifelong and its always good to learn new things .. have learned a few over the last few days working with all of you on this thread and look forward to learning more as it goes along ..

Glad that was able to help and dont underestimate yourself ..

I'm glad you explained this too.

Sorry for being AFK for a while, everyone. I just did more dishes than I will ever care to count, and oddly, without an ounce of caffeine in my system...

Anywho, I might take a nap soon. I'll hop online every time I get the chance.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
No worries .. hehe got my macaque trained to do dishes he does good at it makes up for his other bad habits and stealing my beer ..

enjoy your nap will be around fine tuning a couple things and ghosting through forums a bit ..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Alright, I've got everything done for the day.

ITS WRITING TIME.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I am going to have to know what was in the note you sent to Sue-Lin please.

P

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
p.m on way sorry forgot to send p.m last night

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join