It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: pheonix358
There is always the Black SUV wired with the claymore

I was hoping some of your guys would have set it off by now. I mean, you have to check the rocket launcher and the other toys to know if they are in civilian hands.

P

They would have but with 4 bodies laying around the SUV and the sniper's whereabouts unknown it was not a believable option for Stenons crew to expose themselves.
Actually since Ryujin was early to the meeting and left before the explosion while he is outside the bunker the boom can happen and get everyone stirred up ! He can then explain what is going on to the group and not just Sandra.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
Sorry, I was working on my book, I completely tuned out of the collaborative. Sorry sorry sorry!

Let me clear a few things up;

1 - Dorian is alive, and he is NOT in the town at this time. Therefore, whatever is happening to the town, he is safe from.

2 - Are you sure its a good idea to have the explosion before Ryujin shows up at the bunker? If they kill off the town before he gets to safety, they'd run the risk of killing him by accident (I was going to wait until everyone's inside and the doors close for good before reacting to the explosion).

3 - I agree that we shouldn't do the time skip right away. The first night in the bunker WOULD be a crucial time for these misfits to get to know each other, and determine certain things about one another's personalities.

4 - It is mostly the specials ops wiping people out. Unfortunately for them, their whole organization is going to fall apart in the weeks following due to their superiors vanishing into their bunkers and leaving them for dead in a collapsed economy. The red flu, as I explained before, was a hoax manifested out of a chemical in the water making a lot of people temporarily sick, and the special ops were sent out to kill off 'quarantined' areas in the name of defeating the oh-so-deadly Red Flu. This was a way to destroy most of the American people before they had a chance to revolt because of the oil disappearing, and the economy collapsing.

The Red Flu is NOT a threat. Illnesses and wounds will be very problematic later on, because hospitals have gone out the window, but the Red Flu itself is not a problem.

Then the whole virus gene specific bio-warfare plot that has been developed over pages of text will need to be thrown out.. Are any of the participants reading other members post and following the present story line??

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I've read every entry at least twice. lol...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
I am going to get my characters perspective caught up later tonight. I just left off at everyone at the bunker except Angus. My next bit is gonna be my interactions with Church and Sandra. Time to start figuring out how long the bunker can go with what was inside. XxNightAngelusxX the bunker got generators or what for power? We may need to work on the logistics of how long we can actually use it.

I've got all that figured out.

Sandra's house, which is roughly sitting on top of the bunker, has solar panels on the roof. Those solar panels give power to both her house and the bunker. Dorian's bunker also contains a small bathroom with a tiny shower stall... their water supply is connected to the house's water. But, the water won't be running after four or five days (because the water company dies, like all the other companies out there). So, everyone will have the chance to shower up before the water stops working. Dorian's got lots of bottled water in there, so no one will be dying of dehydration.

The toilet doesn't use water. Its more like a space toilet. It sucks down the feces, then spits it out somewhere outside of the bunker.

There is at least a month's worth of food and water in there.

Sandra's house will NOT be destroyed by the explosion, since it is sitting on the outskirt of the town.

EDIT;

Then the whole virus gene specific bio-warfare plot that has been developed over pages of text will need to be thrown out.. Are any of the participants reading other members post and following the present story line??

I posted the explanation of the Red Flu hoax a while back. The bio-warfare plot is not going to be thrown out, though. We all know for a fact that the government has scientists--even in our current day and age--that experiment with combining illnesses and manifesting new viruses. So, it is entirely possible, especially two decades into the future, that some way of splicing viruses together has been perfected, and also plays a huge role in eliminating the population to avoid a revolution.

So, in theory, the government may have created the Red Flu and spread it AFTER the hoax.

edit on Xx44380830PM68 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just finished catching up .. working up bit now to try sync things better ..

@727 can still do the gene specific virus .. red flu could be the beta version used before the full version got unleashed .. maybe throw in a few nukes thrown around before the collapse as well ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

The red flu, as described on the news, was a strange new flu circulating around the world, which had all the symptoms of an ordinary flu, with the exception of coughing blood. Naturally, the strong suggestions given by the media to take the new flu vaccine was also overwhelmingly covered by conspiracy news forums and the alternative media, accusing the government of manually manifesting an unnatural flu and an unsafe vaccine to kill off the over populated world so that it might be more easily controlled. Of course, these ludacris accusations were given little attention by mainstream outlets, and what little coverage was given to them was nothing short of mocking and laughable. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

From the original story line is what I was working from. A world wide event is more than a few water sources tampered with.. by some locals..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The red flu, as described on the news, was a strange new flu circulating around the world, which had all the symptoms of an ordinary flu, with the exception of coughing blood. Naturally, the strong suggestions given by the media to take the new flu vaccine was also overwhelmingly covered by conspiracy news forums and the alternative media, accusing the government of manually manifesting an unnatural flu and an unsafe vaccine to kill off the over populated world so that it might be more easily controlled. Of course, these ludacris accusations were given little attention by mainstream outlets, and what little coverage was given to them was nothing short of mocking and laughable. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

From the original story line is what I was working from. A world wide event is more than a few water sources tampered with.. by some locals..

The world-wide trigger was the depletion of oil.

The North American Union, however, had the Red Flu added on.

I apologize, because I wrote up that explanation in the original story and forgot to put it in the collaborative. That is entirely my fault.

The spreading of the Red Flu could have been a panic-backup plan, and due to the oil crisis, it is being implemented now. After the water-illness hoax, a real illness makes its way around...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

a reply to: pheonix358
There is always the Black SUV wired with the claymore

I was hoping some of your guys would have set it off by now. I mean, you have to check the rocket launcher and the other toys to know if they are in civilian hands.

P

They would have but with 4 bodies laying around the SUV and the sniper's whereabouts unknown it was not a believable option for Stenons crew to expose themselves.
Actually since Ryujin was early to the meeting and left before the explosion while he is outside the bunker the boom can happen and get everyone stirred up ! He can then explain what is going on to the group and not just Sandra.

Well they move in using an APC to shield the SUV from the general direction of the sniper and open the tailgate. While the few left alive are helping the injured or loading their dead aboard the APC Sue-Lin arrives, opens up on them. What she is after are the fully auto assault rifles that they are running around with. there are four laying on the ground before the APC gets there.

In a real world situation, you have to use hunting rifles or semi autos from cover to shoot bad guys so you can get their fully auto weapons.

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Just added a bit that should work toward tying up a few loose ends before lockdown ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I am waiting until people actually start sleeping before I start with Sue-Lin again, unless that SUV explodes at which time she will bolt out the door requesting a few people join her. Should not take more than an hour. Go out, shoot bad guys, collect lots of weapons, perhaps even nick the APC, might be able to hide it, has to be a cave nearby.

Would come in handy later. We could argue about who would drive it.

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hehe .. nice explosion ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
When u get a chance, check your inbox.
I like the bit about the solar panels, I was actually just going to suggest that. If the house is higher than the bunker and has a basement Dorian would have probably outfitted it with water tanks to supply the bunker. He would have know that in a SHTF scenario, the utility company's would not be an option.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I am waiting until people actually start sleeping before I start with Sue-Lin again, unless that SUV explodes at which time she will bolt out the door requesting a few people join her. Should not take more than an hour. Go out, shoot bad guys, collect lots of weapons, perhaps even nick the APC, might be able to hide it, has to be a cave nearby.

Would come in handy later. We could argue about who would drive it.

P
oops.. hehe it may be a bit before they fall back asleep ..
Will leave the guns and apc for you guys ..
ryujin prefers more refined methods and traditional weapons .. even though he can use modern weapons he views them with disgust as being cowards weapons ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Would you check my last bit, I was editing when the last one was added.

Yes, I realize ryujin does not like modern weapons, Sue-Lin will have to have a discussion about that Lol

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
AHA!

A rain collecting system!

Brainstorm! Dorian rigged the house and the bunker with a rain-collecting system (I can't believe I didn't think of that until just now). That way, water shouldn't be an issue. Oh good, thank God we can all take showers...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
AHA!

A rain collecting system!

Brainstorm! Dorian rigged the house and the bunker with a rain-collecting system (I can't believe I didn't think of that until just now). That way, water shouldn't be an issue. Oh good, thank God we can all take showers...

LOL!!
Look a few post above this one.
Great minds think a like!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Yes, but the supply is limited so 2 minutes is all you get. The shower only runs for two minutes, then you get cold water. Thanks to someone's devious Uncle

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yes, but the supply is limited so 2 minutes is all you get. The shower only runs for two minutes, then you get cold water. Thanks to someone's devious Uncle

P

HA! Self-rationing water.

Dorian's a genius!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Just outta curiosity, why didn't Dorian just dig a well? I mean, if he can afford all the stuff in the Bunker and the Bunker itself having a well dug shouldn't be too hard. Or is the watertable just too weak in the Mojave?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Just outta curiosity, why didn't Dorian just dig a well? I mean, if he can afford all the stuff in the Bunker and the Bunker itself having a well dug shouldn't be too hard. Or is the watertable just too weak in the Mojave?

.... you make a fair point.

I'm not sure how prominent the water would be around the Mojave.

I'll have to look into that.

Also, @Expat888, I'm sorry--I posted my entry the exact second you posted yours. I edited mine so it should make more sense.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join