It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

That will happen a lot, I have done numerous edits, easy to do.

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Expat888

Would you check my last bit, I was editing when the last one was added.

Yes, I realize ryujin does not like modern weapons, Sue-Lin will have to have a discussion about that Lol

P
ahh ok had just add .. will pop back and look ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Quick question .. times getting short to make it to the meeting faster ryujin can take sandra to meeting from his house by motorcycle ? Oh and being terrible with names it was allen that ryujin marked to have a tragic accident..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Make it a very quiet bike with night vision so you don't need headlights. If you do it fast enough, I can edit mine to match.

\remember, there are drones overhead that are not part of the cease fire.

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sorry if my last couple of post didn't flow with the story line.
I was actually trying to fix the italics in one of them when sandra left. By the time I got it how I wanted it the story had flowed past.
I had to make another post with her just completely ignoring my char (sorry about that XxNight) for it to make any kind of sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Make it a very quiet bike with night vision so you don't need headlights. If you do it fast enough, I can edit mine to match.

\remember, there are drones overhead that are not part of the cease fire.

P
no worries ryujin has excellent nightvision and often went for latenight rides without lights running totally blacked out .. not as often after the fuel supply dropped .. and yep havent forgot the drones ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
ALERT! ALERT!

Its time for our first use of the stats system.

We're gonna give it a test run, see.

(by the way, don't worry about the posts being a little out of sync, its normal for this kind of story. And yes, mortorcycle is fine)

When Ryujin *noticed* Sue-Lin, I thought it was time to start using the stats.

Sensing a person would be of a *moderate* difficulty.

Name : Ryujin.
Stats :
Strength 5.
perception - 7.
endurance -6.
charisma - 3
Intelligence - 7.
agility - 7.
luck - 5

Since Ryujin has a Perception of seven, he succeeds in sensing Sue-Lin.

Now, this is an example as to how the stats are going to be used. Usually, you have to bring up actions like this in the working thread, or do the math yourself in determining if your actions are successful or not. It is explained in the OP how the stats system is to function.

If anyone is unclear about the stats system, feel free to ask me whatever you need to know. I'll explain it best I can.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hey guys, It's been fun the past several days, but this story is starting to turn out to be one in which only a select group of highly skilled individuals have taken over the plot. I'm not seeing how Jack and the other small group of normal (albeit troubled) non- highly trained sniper special ops, non Samarai-weilding pro ninja, non-army ranger vet, teenagers can play much of a role here. That's not to take away from the entertainment value, it's still fun! Just not what I was expecting when I signed up.

I'm trying to kick around some ways I can accomplish incorporating Jack into all this fun, but not much comes to mind shy of taking a bullet for someone. I may have to ask permission to kill off Jack quicker than I had previously hoped, no ill will here at all, it just makes the most sense to me.

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread at first AGAIN!!

edit on 5-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In the same category (perception) can you give an example of something "difficult"?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Hang in there once this part with the negotiation is done ryujin is going to stay in the background and leave things to jack.. church and the rest .. wont be long now dont give up jack and dont give up on the thread ..
edit on 5/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The first day has to be about immediate survival. Once we get into the bunker for the week the other characters can shine. As an example Sue-Lin will have a nightmare that some nice person may have to help her with. Then there will be training on how to use weapons, should be a nice argument between Sandra and Sue-Lin sooner or later .... with everyone reacting to it.

There will be much to write for all of our characters. For now, we are just getting the story down and starting a story with action is always good to draw the reader in.

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Hey guys, It's been fun the past several days, but this story is starting to turn out to be one in which only a select group of highly skilled individuals have taken over the plot. I'm not seeing how Jack and the other small group of normal (albeit troubled) non- highly trained sniper, non Samaria-weilding pro ninja, non-army ranger vet, teenagers can play much of a role here. That's not to take away from the entertainment value, it's still fun! Just not what I was expecting when I signed up.

I'm trying to kick around some ways I can accomplish incorporating Jack into all this fun, but not much comes to mind shy of taking a bullet for someone. I may have to ask permission to kill off Jack quicker than I had previously hoped, no ill will here at all, it just makes the most sense to me.

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread at first AGAIN!!

You bring up an excellent point, and I've been pondering on this for a little while now. The story was originally meant to put ordinary (more or less) people in a survivalist situation, with no help other than the vague clues left by an intelligent and eccentric prepper, Dorian.

Some of the characters have turned out to be a little less than typical, however. I don't blame the character creators for this--in a survivalist story, it is only natural to make a character that (as you perceive it) will stand a chance at surviving in a newly hostile world.

I had planned on restricting the stretching of logic AFTER the week in the bunker had passed by, during which, things will be much harder for the entire group. There will be no meeting up with mysterious NPC's who give you weapons, or wandering off in the middle of an important scene (without permission in the working thread beforehand). I'm being generous about the logic being a little skewed as of now--but that's ONLY because the story hasn't even begun to challenge us yet.

That's the reason I decided to implement the character stats now, too. Don't worry, the story is not going to get derailed. If you or anyone else want to chat with me about ideas, u2u me.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
In the same category (perception) can you give an example of something "difficult"?

A difficult thing to perceive would be something like a sniper camouflaged in the dark. Something like that.

edit on Xx503121230AM612 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

We will see how it goes after the week in the bunker. So far though, I can't see how suddenly Jackson, Marcus and Church can be involved in quite the same almost superhero ways the other characters have. I didn't create him in a sensationalist way, for the very purpose of keeping it real, as it turns out, I kinda gave him the shaft lol.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

We will see how it goes after the week in the bunker, so far though, I can't see how suddenly Jackson, Marcus and Church can be involved in quite the same almost superhero ways the other characters have. I didn't create him in a sensationalist way, for the very purpose of keeping it real, as it turns out, I kinda gave him the shaft lol.

None of our characters are going to be allowed to bend logic after the first chapter is over. I'm going to make sure of that.

Also, Jack, Marcus, and Church may have all had something from their past or childhood that makes them special and unique in a way beneficial to their survival. Example, maybe Church used to play football, which gave him quite a lot of extra strength and stamina...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Survival is not always about how prepped you are or how good at bushcraft you are. Sometimes it is just about supporting people like Sandra and a little later Sue-Lin. Both are running on empty right now, at some stage they will give out.

Once we are locked in, safety is better and the group will have to either come together or tear itself apart. Should be great who takes sides and who takes the middle ground.

P

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Also, Jack, Marcus, and Church may have all had something from their past or childhood that makes them special and unique in a way beneficial to their survival. Example, maybe Church used to play football, which gave him quite a lot of extra strength and stamina...

Agreed. This is the element I was hoping for.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I can see what wookiep is saying and well I created my character as more or less as a right hand man type. Sometimes the common sense things escape notice and I'm gonna try and play off that a little. Somebody needs to keep track of supplies and some of the more skilled exotic characters are the types to go due the fetching.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Also something for those in the melee to consider IMO: Only for story continuity has Jason and the teams been involved as much as they have. Once the meeting is over they will all be extracted or upon the supposed extraction they are all mowed down and killed. I had figured there would be at least the bunker rep and Ryujin plus I was going to throw in maybe 5 other souls (it is a prepper place after all) who would show up for ham sandwiches and cola..
It would be great if the Sniper showed up even though he killed Baker Jason and John both would have shown him great respect and courtesy. Would include him in the extraction if he wanted to go.

Also something that has been bugging me tactically but have put it down to the taking of the town being a rather simple short affair (in theory/as planned originally) is the teams left the electricity and water running.. It works just fine as it is because the way things have moved there has not been a need to go that direction for the story line...especially now that we are all one big happy family, Kinda.... IMO.

So again the teams will be dead or gone within the next two pages and we should know something after the conversation with RAY at 12 noon..
I do know Ray does not have the assets at his disposal to evac the teams and a bunch of other people... No need anyway with water and electricity... Prepper's dream come true for some.
There will be plenty of problems coming down the road after Jason leaves. (if you guys want as per the story line) Another special ops team is suppose to show up to find Ryujin's body and stuff looking for the data on the Armageddon Operation that was stolen from the BWL.
I may have a super secret plan in the back ground about the envelope Ryujin is about to hand over... Could save the teams and Ryujin's life.... hahahha...hey I like Jason, John and Ryujin..!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to rant. It's all good, I'll just have to (as Jackson would say) "Man up" and roll with it! Thanks for all the replies. Again sorry if it seemed like I was ranting or being a baby about things.

Also, off-topic -

To anyone who reads my posts, I tend to type fast to get the draft out, then I heavily edit after. Then I edit out the edits cause they are messy LOL. But I usually find my mistakes and if you see many mistakes, chances are I'm still editing so check the post a few minutes later if that's the case!

edit on 6-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join