It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
I've been waiting for the two apha-females to butt heads a little bit.

Haha, there are a lot of Alphas in this group, much potential for drama, great reading potential!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

ROFL, should be fun!

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Okay--hats off--that was INCREDIBLY fun to write.

Now, I'm about to write up the week-long transition. Just to make it clear, all of our characters are now safe and sound inside the bunker, and we will be staying there for a whole week, without the doors opening.

Again, that little stand-off between Sandra and Sue-Lin was completely EPIC.

Jason's whole situation is completely awesome, and I can't WAIT to see how he molds himself into the story! I think we can all take a break now. Hope everyone's having as much fun as I am.

EDIT; Okay, correction... I'm not gonna write the transition just yet, because a lot is still going on.

But I'll write it soon.

edit on Xx40030330AM63 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Lol dammit i meant to put this in the WORKING thread.... sorry...

a reply to: Expat888

Expat888, please read all the posts before you have Ryujin go vanishing into the night... Jack had already introduced himself to him and his friend in Sandras bunker, now I've gotta delete that part.

I think we are all aspiring to be in the bunker together so that the story line can go forward.. I'm not sayin you can't run off, you may want to let us all know first, however.
edit on 5-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I think we are all aspiring to be in the bunker together so that the story line can go forward.. I'm not sayin you can't run off, you may want to let us all know first, however.

That's true, ideally we ought to have everyone in the bunker. But, technically, the characters are all free to do whatever they please... real life is messy, so it makes sense for the story to get a little messy too.

We'll roll with it and see where it goes.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Based on your most recent post (in the story), I don't have to re-write anything. So it's all good.

edit on 5-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well I am the odd man out.. I was trying to cause a truce with the towns folk and STU.. Everyone has bigger fish to fry and to me the conspiracy of the who set this up is much bigger than some confined people squabbling. At 05:00 a big boom is gonna happen which a Hawkeye drone will be filming. At that time it was hoped some of the survivors would send a rep for a pow wow with STU. Hopefully at least the sniper and a few others will show because of the recording being played in every corner of town calling for a KING'S X.... In a situation like this there are always those who believe they are the last ones left.. The town is spread out and I can guarantee you in a town of preppers there are pockets of hold outs. When the bomb goes off I would expect within a short time there would be a few showing up at main and first street.

Just my two cents worth.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Sandra's pretty angry right now, but don't worry, guys. She's not going to have a breakdown or anything, this scene is crucial to the story (the original AND the collaborative).

I've got a little more to write now...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Well I am the odd man out.. I was trying to cause a truce with the towns folk and STU.. Everyone has bigger fish to fry and to me the conspiracy of the who set this up is much bigger than some confined people squabbling. At 05:00 a big boom is gonna happen which a Hawkeye drone will be filming. At that time it was hoped some of the survivors would send a rep for a pow wow with STU. Hopefully at least the sniper and a few others will show because of the recording being played in every corner of town calling for a KING'S X.... In a situation like this there are always those who believe they are the last ones left.. The town is spread out and I can guarantee you in a town of preppers there are pockets of hold outs. When the bomb goes off I would expect within a short time there would be a few showing up at main and first street.

Just my two cents worth.

The story is intended to focus intently on the group of misfit survivors. Many of the people remaining in the world--both regular people AND the powers that be--are going to die off soon. Their plans escalated a lot farther than they'd intended. The bigger picture is out of the control of these few rogue survivors, so naturally, the story isn't revolving around the bigger picture so much yet.

The emotional turmoil and the way all these differing personalities handle each other is the beauty of the story. The "confined people squabbling" is the heart of the story's purpose.

Ever seen the BBC show Survivors?

Imagine that, only with more shooting, and on a different continent.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Apologies wookie my network is bad at moment was a delay in sending from when typed message .. signal still bad here at moment .. usually I try to read all before posting ..
Rain season my signal turns to rubbish out here ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Apologies wookie my network is bad at moment was a delay in sending from when typed message .. signal still bad here at moment .. usually I try to read all before posting ..
Rain season my signal turns to rubbish out here ..

No worries, Expat. Nightangelus was able to improvise with her story post, so it didn't ultimately affect a whole lot. It's all good.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Whew.. didnt want to throw things off .. back in 30 have to tend to couple things offline here ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Hey I really liked

He approached the door cautiously, Sue-Lin already had it covered. She had made some kind threat involving his spinal cord, or something. Jack stood beside her and said - "Yeah! Something like that.. Who the hell are you?"

That was funny as

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Back again .. at least if dont lose signal again bit heavier than normal rain at moment here ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm between watching anime with my fiance and writing, sorry if it takes me a minute to respond

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
No worries ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Is Dorian returning or do we find his body. If you do not want him in the story he could have a head injury and be slipping in and out of consciousness.

P

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hope poor angus doesnt have a coronary from the warm welcome he's getting at the bunker ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Dorian isn't dead.

If I said anything else, it'd be full of SPOILERS

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Good .. like surprises keeps things interesting ..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join