It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you come to ATS... What's your age... I dare you?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Interesting thread! S&F.

Ermm.....

I joined a couple years ago. Why? Because I hadn't finished high school yet, I was in an unhealthy relationship, and I was living with a bizarre group of misfitted room mates who never bothered to clean up after themselves. So, apart from fighting with my ex and cleaning the house, I'd dig into conspiracy theories and listen to the Alex Jones Show. Eventually the digging lead me here, and I joined.

On ATS I've heard a lot of crazy theories I've never thought of before, and ATS is also a good way to keep your ear to the ground on the latest news. Aaaaand, I've developed a lot of debating skills too.

I stayed on ATS while I finished high school online after we got kicked from our apartment and went our separate ways, and spent most of 2013 on ATS, consuming lethal amounts of caffeine, staying up all night doing school work and playing Fallout, and taking my little cousins to the park (I was staying with my mamaw at the time). ATS kept me on my toes, and gave me a lot of advice even when it didn't intend to. It's also made me quite a bit more tolerant of people different than me.

I also love this site particularly for the writing forums. I love writing.

I'm 20 years young, and still growing.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Respect

It was a joy to read your post

Cody

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
im a 40 some odd year old guy that is nothing like the man who joined here.

I came here for the conversation. The highest quality you could find on the net. But my participation in this forum has made me a much better man. But it seems no matter how hard I try, i wouldn't be worthy to hold Expat's cup.

For the record....Skeptic pays me in chocolate covered bacon.
thank you .. but am just a man .. would have a beer with you your one of many here that I respect .. would be large bar tab as theres many here would be interesting to talk to over a few beers ..

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Came up on the site to read about luciddreaming(thus my name), then it got interesting, so i joined to make a reply.. and now 3 yrs later....

I am 27.. turning 28 soon. Damn.. almost close to reach 30.. the point of no return!
edit on 6/2/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Came up on the site to read about luciddreaming(thus my name), thus it got interested, so i joined to make a reply.. and now 3 yrs later....

I am 27.. turning 28 soon. Damn.. almost close to reach 30.. the point of no return!
nah.. thats not till you reach 100..

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
ATS came up while searching for stuff to read on Lake Vostok. I lurked for a while then joined.

33 this month

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Came up on the site to read about luciddreaming(thus my name), thus it got interested, so i joined to make a reply.. and now 3 yrs later....

And I do believe that you were one of the very first to welcome me here LD when I first joined...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

That's great!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
well....
I am 72 years old, be 73 at the end of June.
Freestone Wilson is my name.
yes, it is a birth certificate name. "freestone" comes from my grandfather's last name!]

I sit, now, in my 4th floor living room at the senior Home, here in Tallahassee, the monsoon clouds are outside of my window and downtown Tallahassee looks nice. the Daily high temp of 90 to 95, why I hardly notice.
I grew up in the Twilight Zone. a town of 600 people, *in* the twilight Zone.
oh...*really*, I did. Rod Serling is buried in the town cemetery. He wrote the scripts for the twilight zone series at his lakeside cottage, next to the town of Interlaken. "the monsters on Maple Street". that was West Avenue. many of his stories use the town as a setting.

I once had a dream where I saw a column of light descend upon a very rural area of Russia and the local military ran to the site thinking it was a plane crash. deep inside this pillar of light there was a sign, floating in the air, "[beyond this point]...THERE ARE THINGS THAT NO HUMAN BEING SHOULD EVER EVER KNOW"!
what?! something that no one should ever know?!!
[freestone rubs his hands together and leans ever-the-forwards to look deeoer into ATS posts!! [smile]

woe unto anyone who finds out some of these "Things"! there might have to be much more self discipline and focus required than can be handled! Rod Serling himself had a story about a traveling salesman who stopped in a tiny town only to find that in the town repair garage was a computer artifact from a *very* advanced civilization and the town fathers hid it well as they knew that no one was "ready" for the Knowledge it had!
[in the end of the story the salesman had his memory wiped so he would Never recall what he had seen!]
[story was set in my hometown, of course.]

So now I live in Tallahassee, where mold can grow on mushrooms and a house can vanish under vines within a summer and a dewpoint of 70 to 75, in the *long* summers!

the Monsoon is now Producing....3 to 20 inches of rain per summer month, here.

science fiction and fantasy, computer and video games, reading, walking, being with people, caving: some of my 500+ hobbies. the soul never ages, even as the body does.

so Dig on, ATS-ers. find out what is at the center of that column of light.

---three Rabbis wanted to face God face to face.
the first one went insane.
the second denied his faith.
the third was incredibly blessed.

try to be that third one!!
freestone

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
One day I was googling some stuff about the Illumanti and the NWO,and this website came up and I fell in love with it instantly!

I'm 16 and will be 17 in a few weeks tbh x3

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It was a crazy time when I found this site. I had just been exposed to the idea of reincarnation. Not an abstract, "oh, people in countries a world away from me believe we can come back as Dung Beetles. How weird", but the more orderly hypnotic regressions and NDE accounts. This was the first remotely conspiratorial things I'd ever come across and I binged on it all like a glutton for weeks. I found 'the other side' of youtube and I totally freaked myself out with all those NWO, aliens, FEMA camps, etc.

I was reading Destiny of Souls at the time and was curious about when the soul enters a fetus...the link I clicked on was here and I felt like I'd stumbled onto a secret goldmine where everyone was a genius, all the topic were mind blowing and all the news got here first. I remember, during the Colorado shooting (if I remember correctly) someone was overhearing the police radio and was basically relaying to us what was happening AS it was happening--the whole idea of this just blew my mind!

It wasn't too long after I made my account that I posted my first (and only successful) thread about my disappearing fruit bowl. Small, weird things and coincidences happen to me, but this was the first to smack me right in the face lol.

It is crazy to me that I've only been here a couple of years because it feels MUCH longer. I'm always surprised how long some members here were 'lurkers' before they made an account because I don't think I would have been able to last so long in lurker-mode. This site has been one of the main contributors to pretty much everything I've learned or come across and I'm very glad you all tolerate me.

I'm 29. I live in Minnesota (for awhile anyway)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I came to ATS after a friend showed me some of the forums and videos posted here. He was shocked when I actually signed up for an account because he was too scared to make one himself (pretty paranoid that he would be on some form of a watch list). I grew up in a household where we were encouraged to question things and to look at different angles. I was also a pretty obsessed summer stargazer and I saw some things that I still to this day have no explanation for.

I am 26 years young.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I had heard about and lurked on ATS several years ago but signed up after I saw a very weird object in the sky on my way home from work.

I'm 38 years young. I don't feel like I should be pushing 40 yet, lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Why did I come to ATS?
My ex was very "into" conspiracy theories. To the point where he did nothing but research Illuminati and bible codes ad nauseum . He would go off on tangents and preach to me half the night. Turns out he was schizo, but regardless I literally came here to do my own research to shut him the hell up. Definitely changed my life to become a member. I was 36 then...I'm 43 now.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm 12 and a half , and came to ATS because i'm a boggled eye'd nitwit who cant get through the day with out reading at least 10 threads about some dude called Obama. Seriously, my entire life revolves around him, and when he is no longer president i'll probably have to top myself as i'll lose all sense of self and my existence will be empty with out him.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: freestonew

Fantastic read Freestone, you sure have some stories I bet.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well you know those magical evenings when you are sitting around a campfire under the stars with a bunch of people you only just met and the wine is flowing and there are some people playing guitars or cremating sausages that no one will ever eat, but you get talking and realise that some of these people you only just met are really cool to talk to because they are deep and intelligent and witty and funny (or just as pissed as you are)?

Well, I kind of like those evenings but real life says I don't get to experience them often.

Then I met someone who told me about this site so I came to have a look. And I realised it is like those nights, talking to people who you only just met, who are cool and deep and intelligent and witty and funny (or just as pissed as me), but there is a delicate smell of bacon rather than burnt sausages.

So I decided to hang around and see how the evening progresses (or evenings as it turns out).

I am a little bit more than 43 and a little bit less than 45, and don't feel like that is right but my mom says it is and she was there.

Mura

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: freestonew

science fiction and fantasy, computer and video games, reading, walking, being with people, caving: some of my 500+ hobbies. the soul never ages, even as the body does.

Much respect freestone

I'd love to share a drink with you and listen to your stories

Cody

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mura44
Well you know those magical evenings when you are sitting around a campfire under the stars with a bunch of people you only just met and the wine is flowing and there are some people playing guitars or cremating sausages that no one will ever eat, but you get talking and realise that some of these people you only just met are really cool to talk to because they are deep and intelligent and witty and funny (or just as pissed as you are)?

Well, I kind of like those evenings but real life says I don't get to experience them often.

Then I met someone who told me about this site so I came to have a look. And I realised it is like those nights, talking to people who you only just met, who are cool and deep and intelligent and witty and funny (or just as pissed as me), but there is a delicate smell of bacon rather than burnt sausages.

So I decided to hang around and see how the evening progresses (or evenings as it turns out).

I am a little bit more than 43 and a little bit less than 45, and don't feel like that is right but my mom says it is and she was there.

Mura

Cody???

I reckon that Mura should come along to my place next Summer... what do you think?

Better get the wine decantered now and the guitar strings changed... *sings with an out of note voice*... "Smoookkkkkeeee on the waaater..."

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

Cody???

I reckon that Mura should come along to my place next Summer... what do you think?

Better get the wine decantered now and the guitar strings changed... *sings with an out of note voice*... "Smoookkkkkeeee on the waaater..."

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Yes please! Do you have sausages to cremate....... oh, never mind...... I've just visited the shed

But the wine and guitar strings sound like good solid forward planning. I can sing out of tune too!

I'm going to take that as a firm invitation so sorry, it is too late to take it back now

Cheers
Mura

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join