It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you come to ATS... What's your age... I dare you?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalDisaster

gurl, I so know the feeling, there have been multiple topics i've wanted to start but my Grammar is subpar at best. and at times i find it hard to type out what my thoughts/feelings are when i'm much better speaking them

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Do what I do speak em then write em down
thats why a lot of my posts are confusing garbage lol
Anyhow hope you are ok girl

edit on 30-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i know what you mean
in my case, English not being my native language adds to that feeling as well
but then again, it's also largely thanks to ATS that my English is now almost as fluent as my Dutch

so, Kudos to ATS

a reply to: Darth_Prime

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have an interest in mysteries of all kinds and seen a few UFO's too. Found ATS while searching the internet 8 years ago. Am 59 years young.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
G'day all. I came across this site some years ago while researching some unusual sights in Central Aussie. Like a few others I lurked a while then joined.

I enjoy the banter, friendly or otherwise but mostly like the social aspect.

I am shy I guess and therefore don't post often.

56 old, retired with a beaut wife (best mate/partner) and living the dream, currently on 100 acres in a pretty place in New South Wales with 4 young ones ( 3 others are out in the big wide world).

I do have an ATS sparring partner = Pronto. (Where are you Pronts?) who I will pay a visit to next trip to South Aussie.

Thanks Rod for an opportunity to open up.

P.S. Bacon galore here as I raise porkers for a sideline. Spit roasts in the bush mit Cougar Bourbon straight out of the bottle.

Cheers again,

Bally

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I'm 63. To find a hunky old man...

No, really...I was a lurker for years. The day of the EQ in Japan and disaster of Fukushima, made me make an official account so I could scream my anger, and got sucked in for good.

Des

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
36M. I was banned from 2 of my everyday forums in as many days; deserved 1, but the other was a misunderstanding. I typed in secret forums to pass the time, and this site is the first link. As far as conspiracies and the super natural, I can't say I don't believe there are forces beyond my understanding, I can only say they're just that. Conspiracies on the other hand, are a given.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I am 29 years of age now, but I joined in 2007.

The more time that passes since I joined this site, the more totally I forget what lead me here specifically. I think it had something to do with having seen some chinese lanterns for the first time, at extreme distance, and probably getting all excited because they did not look like aircraft.

Searching such things using google in 2007 pretty much immedately would have returned a result involving ATS, so it is probable that this is how I arrived here. I could be utterly, and completely mistaken however. What I do know, is why I come back day after day, week after week.

The fact is, that when I was a youngster at school, and indeed in my personal, physical life these days, I did not, and do not get to discuss the things that make my neurons fire in a pleasing fashion. Most people in my life do not want to talk about politics, or the sciences, or anything of any particular importance what so ever. Many people, now, just as then, just want to get through the day without interacting with anything more complicated than their toaster.

I went through YEARS of having no base to develop my intellectual capacity from, other than researching things in isolation, and I was STARVED of good conversation, of anything that I could actually sharpen my mind, and my manner of discourse upon. When I say that I remember the reason I come back here every day, it is because this website, unlike every other location on the net, or in my physical life, is a place where I can discuss the issues of the day with people who care about them, have informed opinions on them, or are at least able to appreciate the ability to learn from someone elses point of veiw.

I may well have said something very similar before, but that does not mean that it should not be said at least once more. I love this website, because it offered me the chance to actually feed my mind, in a world which seemed devoid of all potential sources of nourishment specific to that organ. I will never be able to verbally or textually encapsulate, the degree of my appreciation and gratitude to the owners, administrators, moderators, and members of this site, for making it what it is, for making it possible for a place like this to exist at all.

This is one of the greatest assemblages of human beings, that I have ever had the honour of HEARING of, let alone being a part of, and I am extremely proud to be one of this most esteemed number.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ahhh shucks we love you too fella

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Hiya!! How have you been? How about those cutie lil twins?
That's funny because you are one of the members that I felt I knew by the time I joined.

Those were some crazy years and this was an ideal place to occupy the mind, especially come winter time. It still is actually, now it is my favorite place to come for company on " those " days. You know the ones that the boys are swinging across the ceiling bound and determined to make you crazy, haha!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What a cool thread and awesome replies !!!

I'm less than a month away from being here four years, a few months away from turning 52.

Originally, a personal interest in Aliens & UFOs brought me to ATS. I had lurked before joining but chickened out many times before finally registering. I remember it like yesterday, the avatars, the signatures, it was like WOW...a new world had opened up.

I would realistically say that I am a different person then when I joined. I would like to think that I am a better person. I've learned to discuss without having anger fits if I can't hold my point of view. I've learned to debate. I've learned to read and learn from other members and I've learned to take advice from the Moderators and members alike.

I am a skeptic on many subjects as I've learned to look up facts regarding claims.

ATS has popped a certain balloon in my life though. A balloon that was filled with illusions when I joined.

June 22,2010, the day I joined, in retrospect, I would describe myself as a fancy know it all type of character like Theo Caulder in the movie "Instinct"...

ATS, the Owners, the Moderators and the members have all pulled an Ethan Powell on me.

They burst that balloon.

www.imdb.com...

And for that, I shall always be in your debt.

S&F for a great thread idea !!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was looking something up...can't remember what but, I found this site. I joined right then because, well, I was drunk.

I'm 34, but not for long.

I stick around here for those occasional 'gems' that pop up. Like an earlier poster - I read all of those Mysteries of the Unexplained books in my teens. In my pre-teens I was absolutely terrified of being abducted by aliens. Every night, trying to sleep, I would repeat to myself, "I know it's possible, just please don't let it happen to me." Never figured out the origin of that fear. Never seen any UFO's, never seen any believable videos or 'proof' - not then, not now.

Anyway, I enjoy the obscure, the insane, and ATS is a great alternative to the regular news media. Although it is often plastered with what is going in the mainstream, the members here tend to give a pleasant tweak to everything.

There's my introduction - 3 1/2 years late...hi, everybody!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
58 years and pushing towards retirement (hopefully). Came here looking for info on Yellowstone when one of the swarms made our local news. The avatar is a reflection of my free time love. Didn't lurk for long because I couldn't stand the ads. Mostly read and occasionally post. Didn't do an intro - didn't know I was supposed to at the time.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm a 45 yo kid who loves Halloween. I was looking up ghosts and hauntings and found a link that led here. I really loved all the paranormal, cryptozoology and UFO threads that I found here and absorbed them pretty quickly.

Sadly though, like most other sites like this, the political trolls seized control and 90% of the threads are about politics now so I don't visit anywhere near as I used to. Mostly I show up here to post some pretty inane and absurd short stories because I feel this site could use a little absurdity. Life sucks yea, we all know, but you need to just smile through it and laugh while you can

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I am 30.

I came here back in 2002 looking for some random UFO pictures and found the treasure trove of information that is ATS. I became a member in 2007 and have been addicted ever since. (I retired my old profile.)

I am really interested in ancient civilizations and history in general, aviation, philosophy, a sprinkle of politics, science journals, alternative origin theories for mankind, and all things conspiracy. I think the first thread I posted in on ATS was about immigration though. It was during the immigration craze under bush.

I LOVE debate. I love intelligent conversation. I love ATS for its members and exceptional staff. I honestly do.

I look at ATS in retrospect as having been a school of sorts. I didnt get to go to college so this is the next best thing for me: Picking at the minds of well educated, well versed, honest people who share all they know with nothing expected in exchange beyond some respect and quiet contemplation.

I think in the last 12 years I have stopped at ATS every day for the most part. It is always the most visited website in my history. I love ATS.

Until it ends....

Hold it down.

edit on 5 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i came here because i feel people are smarter than what they appear, but i feel this world divides us from eachother even famliy, i feel people here see further than regular people well in away most people would come to this website roll there eyes and say next, and people who become members are seeking truth, personally speaking i hear voices, its been 2 years now,, and as we speak i could hear my voice coming from my nebigours house as i think what to type, im new here and dnt know how to make a tread, but desperitly need to talk to sm1 so please understand i woild be wasting my time if this wasnt true, in a way i need answers and found certain things to be strang i hear voices, and also whem im outside i know certain people can read my mined and feel in my heart that they know i know, and mess wt me emtionaly tryn to get me scared first then making me feel this weird feeling in my heart like there tryn to take smtn from me and i feel me blocking it by staying calm, like i feel there looking for a place in my heart to put fear in it, but i fear god, they also mess with my memories, for example, ill be asking god almity to forgive me for my sins and they would mock me to try to make to stop,,, i just hear a girls voice say Qoute Thats rite... commeting on what im writhing because as i write i think and its iike blllaaahhhhh!! every word i try to think of to write, im a mess talk to me and youll find me truthfull in a way im done! done wt lie cant live, for two years ie been at home afraid that if im ot id hear or see sm1 and i found out three people who mess with me, i have no proof i feel like there watching me laughing mocing abuse, imagine talk all day, thats what im feeling its taking atoll, but then agian im with god, i want you all to know im telling the truth i love everyone for the sake of god, and fear for people,,,,

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i joined in 2004 while browsing the net when i was big on astral traveling. have been here a few times a month since then, rarely ever login to post something.
edit on 30-5-2014 by ajm4481 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by ajm4481 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Very eloquently put and in my opinion one of the best responses. Your input as well as other well known members was one of the reasons I joined.

I need an ATS hit at least twice a day to read and digest the diverse intellect, opinions and most of all knowledge of persons contributing to threads and discussions.

As I indicated in my personal reply to this thread, albeit 56 years old, I am still shy but responses like this assist me applauding the author/s in text.

If I ever have the pleasure of travelling to your fine country and others I will surely look you up to enjoy a beer/cougar bourbon.

Cheers for the ashes,

Bally

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am nearing 35. I was brought here after stumbling upon local government corruption in the town I lived in. As I was trying to find out more on the subject, this site kept coming up in searches. It was the survival forum that kept me here.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
My age, n ≤ ³√n, is a composite, square-free semiprime (n = pq) as well as being a Magic Constant where:
p•(2p² + 1) = 8p + 1 ∧ n ∉ ℤ/nℤ

Oh—and I only come here for the free donuts.

Cheers,

༣ﺡ
edit on 31-5-2014 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join