It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you come to ATS... What's your age... I dare you?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
oh god no, normal is much to boring.
What would life be like without strangeness? It would be like

Weird is the spice of life.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I just noticed that you're BRAD again. Can I be Janet? I love it when we do the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
"Let's do the time warp again!"

jacy

Red and blue Smarties are what the doc ordered...

Not sure if I am allowed to say this?.. Slu*...

On better thoughts maybe the video would be better :

Right... time for my sponge bath too and for the nurse to take out my catheter, administer my daily injection and tighten my straight jacket... *shrugs shoulders*... it's that male nurse again... ever since I pinched that young lady nurses bottom and she snagged her skirt on my bedpost... (thats what I told the doctor)

I must be the only person on ATS that can type with his nose?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 30/5/14 by Rodinus because: Smarties

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Thank you for the video...and yes, I did get up and dance to it!

Can you just imagine a retirement home for ATS'ers? OMG, I would admit myself today!
We'd all be running around cutting off people's life support...testing..to see if there was an afterlife, lol.
"C'mon, be a sport...you'll only be dead for a minute...we'll bring you back...trust us..."

Rod...if you're using a LAPtop, then I doubt you're typing with your nose.

(What??? I just meant you can't lean over that far, hehe!)

jacy

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: TDawgRex

I made a 3-cheese meat pie last night, will that do?

Nope...Apple Pie

Don't you DARE show anyone that pic!

Just a proof of pic...I want my pie!
Ok, this one is blurry, but I have the original and it's not.

edit on 30-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Joking! I'm onlt joking! Stop throwing things at me!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Rod...if you're using a LAPtop, then I doubt you're typing with your nose.

(What??? I just meant you can't lean over that far, hehe!)

jacy

Well... didn't want to boast

Right... i'm off now before this degenerates any further... will be back on Monday evening after my long drive down to the South of France.

Have a good weekend to all...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The reason for joining was simple -- one day I decided I wanted to seek answers. I stumbled upon ATS and the rest is history.

It's been a great ride so far and I can't believe it's been over 3 years.

... and I'm 27

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You guys are hilarious! You wonderful people are why I come back to ATS.

Ok, so I stumbled onto ATS years and years ago, I think I was 18 or 19 doing prophecy research. I also stumbled on the site several times during some old Illuminati research. I was a homeless wanderer who was always on someone else's computer. I think I did create an account at about 20 or so but only signed in once or twice and the info was lost forever. I have always read here though, there are so many interesting topics and so many intelligent people discussing them. Honestly, things have gotten less intimidating as the years went by. At first there weren't many members and they were all so damn smart that I chose to learn from them instead of interacting with them.

Fast forward through crazy fun crazy homeless years. My incredible husband found me and swooped me up and gave me a home and a family. Then, you know us ladies just never happy
, I didn't know what to do with my more sedentary self. So I joined eventually and never looked back. I want to say that I read something that finally compelled me to respond. It was an election year, so probably politics. I have made some incredible friends here. And would never change it for anything. I only wish I had joined sooner, by the time I joined so many folks here were familiar to me. I may have creeped a few out as a noob, never intentionally though.

Oh, and I'm 34.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have made loads of accounts here but kept losing the password as i moved around quite a bit in my teens so all the members with dougal in the name who have never posted that is me .

But i have been here 10 years lurking over 10 accounts but it was the hollow earth thread's that took me here when i was bored .

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There is already at least one of these "how did you come to ATS" threads going somewhere; I know, I commented on it ages ago.

I thought you couldn't have more than one thread on the same topic?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I was researching photographic anomalies when I noticed a trail of bread crumbs that led me straight to ATS. I've been wandering about here ever since.

I experienced a head injury many years ago and had become very shy and self conscious about my ability to get the thoughts clanging about in this old head of mine out into the world. It might just be that the free bacon and great company was just what I needed. I will be forever grateful.

Oh and I am 45

Penny

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

OK Jacy...ya got me. I would never do that.

But crap! I miss a good home-made apple pie! I'm getting desperate here.

And if ya can wing it? Ala-Mode? Pllllleeeeeeeaaaassssssse!
edit on 30-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I came to ATS many times prior to becoming a member. I usually came to ATS via searches on Google for aliens, Ancient Egypt or anything paranormal. I finally decided to join and that was 5 yrs ago.

As for my age. I'm 35.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

I came to ATS many times prior to becoming a member. I usually came to ATS via searches on Google for aliens, Ancient Egypt or anything paranormal. I finally decided to join and that was 5 yrs ago.

As for my age. I'm 35.

Ok...that's all cool and such....

But where are the recipes!?

I've wasted money and spent well on your recipes (I know, that's me), but I want more.

I think I think with my stomach.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I've always been interested in conspiracies, aliens, the paranormal, etc. Conversations with a friend from work (who's been a lurker here for some time) brought this site to my attention back in 2012.
Never one to 'lurk', I joined immediately and plowed ahead without introducing myself.

I am 39 years old, am currently managing to remain in my 3rd marriage, and I have three sons (20 yrs, 14 yrs, and 17 mos). I'm also an author (I can't really call myself a successful one, yet), and I occasionally attempt to glean inspiration from some of the more interesting threads that pop up on ATS from time to time.

Glad to meet you all.
edit on 5/30/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: typo (age spacing)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In 2010 I got my computer at home and went through the "crack out" fest on youtube, you know watching crazy things people and pets do for hours! I got caught up in all those ufo vids, and thought, this is the time we are going to experience disclosure. A few weeks later I saw the ISS pass over one night and my jaw dropped!! I had chills and ran calling friends/family telling them what I saw.

So ufos research kept leading me back to ATS. Once I joined I was hooked! Then it was time to unlearn what I thought I knew about ufos. It was Phage that linked me to the ISS schedule and I was like DOH! Then I began participating in threads and really dug the discussions and personalities. I must say, we have lost some incredibly articulate, brilliant and interesting members since then that used to blow me away with their threads. We have many awesome members today too of course, but we have lost some giants! I would mention some but it is against TC.

Age? 47 according to certificate, but 30 something in reality, at least my reality! I still have not grown up all the way, but it sounds like I am in good company.

Peace

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hi all, Thank you Rodinus for this thread... nice icebreaker. I've been checking this site out for around 10 yrs; lurking & although I've had another account way-back-when, have never really participated. Well, now is the time, I feel. In truth I am concerned about being put under scrutiny regarding my own life & the way it has so unusually unfolded (like a 2-D rose) but I guess I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. Cannot be the passive shadow-monger anymore.

I'm 35 & since as far back as I can recall I have been fascinated with the anomalous, esoteric & outright bizarre. I have a healthy respect for science & logic yet I cannot deny the downright uncanny things I have both seen & experienced throughout my years & seek to further my understanding of how such occurrences can manifest so vividly. So I frequently find myself on a see-saw of reason & weird (much like classical Newtonian physics versus the quantum) & then WALLOP!!!, I reach tautology; 2 equally compelling concepts that cannot marry yet make such sense apart. Anyhoooo...

It's good to see you've had such a response; I hope to come on here more in the future & look forward to seeing the posts & comments of others. I love this site; feel at home on this site. Cheers, here's to frickin' beers

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Good re-introduction thread Rodinus, kudos.

I am 48, live in Washington state and am a typical oddball artist type. I lurked for several years after finding this site looking for ufo/paranormal info. It always had the more intelligent conversations and leaned towards using rational thought.

I have seen and experienced enough unanswerable phenomena to want to know alternative truths from what the mainstream teaches us.

In my early 20's I saw a ghost with 4 close friends who all witnessed the same thing. I then dated a girl who's grandfather was in the navy and drinking buddies with someone in project bluebook, and a few stories. Then I had a coworker who got their hands on some bluebook docs that let me check them out (they seemed legit). Next I had a close relative who was working on a top secret gov project suspiciously commit suicide, who was less than a week on the job, and who coincidentally was working on developing a gearing system with his father that would radically improve the efficiency of all engines.

Finally a few years back my best friend's girlfriend started channeling dead people as well as demons, and many unanswerable questions arose from this. This was my breaking point and I decided to join here as a result.

I have still not found my answers, but I have ruled out some things as not being the answer, which helps.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom
Hi MOM!!!!

I had to laugh at your "Stumble onto at 18 or 19" comment. Then sighed. Didn't even have the internet when I was that age, and I wasn't that enlightened.

I came here looking into 9-11. So many other things interested me though, so a few years later I had to join.

Oh, and I have about, em....*cough*
10 years on Woodsmom.

My body is starting to feel it, but my mind is still 18, so I'm going with that.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Gurl i'm almost 24 years young!

honestly, this name belonged to someone i knew and i was "gifted" it last year sometime? somewhere around there

even though i don't participate much in other discussions besides Gay Issues i like reading alternative ideas and thoughts and various conspiracies .

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

ok i'll bite

i'm 30 years old and i live (and have lived all my life) in a small town in Belgium.
been interested in debate, science and mysteries for nearly as long as i'm old, and since there's not really anything exciting about living in Belgium, the internet was my way out of the sludge of ignorance when i was younger
i came to ATS by pure coincidence, was google-ing some stuff about stealth aircraft at the time,
and decided to stay when i noticed the level of intellect displayed in some of the threads i read

been here ever since...

i'm not much of a talker, i'm not very good at writing (and keeping it interesting) and i'm not a frequent poster for that matter, i always get the feeling nobody really reads the stuff i post anyways...
but i have a deep passion for reading,learning and observing.
for me personally, ATS has given me heaps of valuable info, thought me a couple of rather profound lessons,
and, in it's own way, it has had a pretty large impact on my understanding of the world and life in general

some day maybe, i hope i'll be able to contribute something to ATS that is worth reading and knowing...

but until then, i guess i'll just stay here, lurking in the shadows for as long as time permits

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join