It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you come to ATS... What's your age... I dare you?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Rest assured, should the opportunity to quaff vast quantities of ale arise, I shall certainly seize it vigorously! Meeting other ATS members is something I am eager to do if I have both the funds and the opportunity. I recently missed out on such an opportunity owing to lack of time and finance, and that irks me greatly!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Hello Rodinus,

I've been a lurker for many years, and originally came here because I stumbled across an interesting paranormal thread title on the internet.
I am interested in everything,and will read anything except politics.
I love space exploration.

About a year ago, I found a thread that suited me perfectly: The Avatar Creations Thread.
I can enjoy my time creating art, and help ATS members in the process; it's a win-win.

I'm 34.
Capricorn
I like long walks on the beach
...sorry wrong thread.
JK-I've been happily married for 5 years.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I really don't recall what brought me here in the first place, a search for something conspiracy related brought me here. I do remember it being only months away from making a decision about a life changing move that turned out to be the best thing I ever did.

It was the short stories that drew me in. Pages of brilliant writing, a place I could post my own work and get real feedback from real people. I hesitantly posted my first attempt a month or so after joining, and the place just kinda took on a life of it's own. I saw the birth of the original avatar creations thread, and began digital artwork as a noob. Now in version 3, I guess I'd be classed as one of the originals, even though my duties have been lax of late. I have made many friends, and learned a great deal about everything here, and not just conspiracy related stuff. Oddly enough, the one thing my almost three years here has taught me is to question all things, and don't just take the conspiracy as it is as much as don't listen to the official story.

Just hit the big 4-0 here too, although like many age is just a number. I always go by the saying, don't grow up, then there's no need to have a mid life crisis.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: bally001

Rest assured, should the opportunity to quaff vast quantities of ale arise, I shall certainly seize it vigorously! Meeting other ATS members is something I am eager to do if I have both the funds and the opportunity. I recently missed out on such an opportunity owing to lack of time and finance, and that irks me greatly!

You are not the only one TB who has missed out on that particular occasion.

Just for info, I called one of the main instigators of that meeting quite early this morning (which is taking place this weekend)... and strangely it seems that everyone is rather hungover

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I am not one bit surprised by that Rod!

Jolly good! Carry on and all that!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I came in search of the galactic federation and blossom goodchild, but it was all a hoax, can you believe that? A hoax in the UFO community? I was always interested in conspiracy theories after reading Jon Ronson's book 'them'. Which was about Ronson's excursions to Bilderberg and Boheimien grove, back in the late 90s.

I'm 35 years old. I was going to leave the site for a few weeks recently as certain sections of this sites membership were driving me mad, but stayed and decided I wouldn't get wound up, but take a more humorous approach to those who did my head in. Some people are just so relentless and dogmatic there's no point even engaging with them anymore. Moan over.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm 46. I have kids ranging from 6 months to 18. I hold several degrees including a masters in atmospheric physics and dynamics and a masters (recently obtained) in business administration.

I'm a director of infrastructure - virtual systems for a multinational insurance holding firm. I've been in IT for about 15 years. Prior to that I worked at an atmospheric research facility and our work was contracted by the DoD. I did that for about 7 years.

I'm here because man made global warming is a scam and my brother pointed me here. I've been on these forums since 2002ish but only started posting recently.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm 19. Can't quite recall what brought me here in the first place, but it was most likely related to a conspiracy or UFOs. Nearly every bit of subject matter on the site I find interesting. I started out visiting the site every month or so, and as of late I have found myself on ATS a few times a week. I love the ATS community, and the content is always entertaining, sometimes very thought-provoking. A couple years ago I started to see things more clearly. Comedians like George Carlin and websites like this helped me wake up. I may no longer have the bliss of ignorance, but I would prefer to know. I'm thankful to have found ATS

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I came here for the great threads and stories and weird stuff. I didn't come to much ..until my wife died. After that well. I came a lot. I can be anywhere between 12 and 61 ..depends on my mood and such

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hello Everyone

My name is Charlie I'm 21

This is the day I joined ATS and I feel excited. I have been visiting this site since the last 4 months and I decided to join. This site is really interesting and keeps you updated mainly on every aspect of the world current events. Ive been wanting to share my ideas and opinion to help contribute to a better society, and to be informed of the things this cruel society has given us trough the years.
Good to meet everyone !

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: karlillosz

Welcome to the Family, Charlie...

You should go to the introduction forum and make an intro thread, so people can welcome you properly.

I'm glad you joined.

Des

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Did someone mention bacon?

I found ATS by accident. Strangely enough, I was laid off work in December of 2009 because of the housing crash. I was was searching for jobs on the Internet and ended up on ATS. Although I didn't find work here, I did find some relief from the stresses associated with feeling like a failure at not being able to find work. Like many others, I lurked for sometime, enthralled with all the wacko ideas and people who I blend in with quite well. I finally joined because I wanted to build a treasure trove of stars . . . uuhm, just kidding.

My avatar is a is what I think I look like to others, but this is me in real life . . .

I'm just a fat old man, trying to provide for my family and enjoying life at the same time. I love the people here (yes, even the wackos) and look forward to every chance I get to interact. Catch you all on the flip-flop and all the good numbers to you!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Mrs. g. here.
My husband joined to find out more about the super natural, spirits, ghost, haunting's.
After two tours in Vietnam and over 40 years of Government service, he's lost many friends.
He has often commented that sometimes he feels like he's not alone.
His Government service was mostly the Cold War Years and he has friends you might say now that contact him from time to time from the old KGB days.
My husband is 69 and you don't ask a Chinese Lady her Age

if I told you how we met in the early 80's,,, never mind

After my postings here, O know one thing for sure.

edit on 31-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I lurked on ATS for years, and eventually had no choice but to join because I wanted to comment on subjects that interested me. I am 41 years old for the record. It seems like it was just yesterday though that I was watching Bigfoot and Wild boy on Saturday mornings back in the 70's as a kid.

Conspiracy theories and doom and gloom originally lured me here, but now I come here mostly for space exploration and Science. Half entertainment / half serious things I care about.

Throw in some UFO stuff, chit chat and an occasional political issue, and that pretty much sums up why I became a member. A lot of good people here on ATS though, and a great staff that keeps the evil ones in check. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As they all say, I lurked for many years but the 911 stuff made me jump into the fray.
Never looked back since.

I sure have met a lot of nice folks here, and I am still learning everyday and that makes my time here well spent.
Regards, Iwinder that is 54 years old.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I was researching alternative energy and had run across some convincing YouTube videos that had me enthraled but just a little skeptical and somehow I wound up here in one of the forums. I joined so I could enter the discussion. Boy was I schooled I believe it was Phage that set me strait. I didn't like him at first...lol.

Anyway the science forums have kept me coming back and I periodically have some major surgeries where I have way too much time on my hands and some heavy restrictions so I get pretty active on the boards on a variety of subjects. Oh yeah, I am 41 and had 16 years combined military service before I was injured.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm 24

I've lurked off and on for a few years before joining. I don't remember exactly how I found this site, I think it was from researching something about some conspiracy theory I was interested in. I like it here because there's all different kinds of people with different experiences and opinions and that makes it a great place for learning. Plus, it's a great place to keep up with what's going on in the world without all the BS that's spit out by [insert any major news company here].

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm 24 and I lurked on this site for a few months before deciding to join. I've been interested in conspiracies and alternative news for a chunk of my life, so I think it was inevitable that I would join this site at some point. What I've really enjoyed since I joined was the diverse amount of information and opinions on this site. Sometimes things get taken a little too far, however, it's expected and is handled in a very professional way by the mods and site owner which makes this site much better than any other site imo.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I was an over the shoulder lurker on Iwinder's membership for quite some time.

He would often pull up topics that he knew I would be interested in and then relinquish his computer while I delved into it. Since I am a very slow reader, he was quick to have me sign up once I got my own computer. I frequent many forums, mostly Philosophy and Metaphysics, the Medical Issues and Lost Civilizations. Rants and Chit Chat for pure enjoyment. Much rather hit the news sites here than on the boob-tube.

Thanks ATS, this is a great site and the members and mods are like good friends you don't have to send home. LOL

I am 55 years young.
Namaste,
YogaGinns

edit on 1-6-2014 by YogaGinns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm 18 and a lurker..
Nothing much to say other than that I find posts interesting here.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join