It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B (new stealth bomber) speculation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: boomer135

Yeah, I noticed that comment too. Kinda made me go WTF? From the little I've heard about it, it's a rather.....interesting look.

Oh, and you finally have a reply to your earlier email.

www.educatinghumanity.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Yeah, I've seen that one. Rather an interesting concept. Not sure I'd want to be a passenger on it though. Would be pretty freaky.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Yeah, I've seen that one. Rather an interesting concept. Not sure I'd want to be a passenger on it though. Would be pretty freaky.

Maybe the cockpit chairs spin?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Multiple cockpits, with multiple pilots. Hah.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Multiple cockpits, with multiple pilots. Hah.

Or unmanned.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

That's a passenger carrying aircraft in the concept drawing. They're a LONG way from unmanned for that.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Do you think the RQ-180 will have this " famous" new propulsion system or more traditional ? LRS-B and RQ-180 will surely work together in anti access/area denial missions in futur.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

will have advancements in propulsion that will be a wow factor and put other nations in their place. But, not the "Famous" new propulsion system that you allude too. That is not a wow factor. Its a holy crap that's amazing factor. Two totally different magnitudes of greatness. Both much more advanced than anything else the world has to offer. The latter much ...much.much more so.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The RQ-180 will be a more traditional propulsion system. It will have a lot more "wow factor" to it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah but why have a rq-180 the size of a B-2 and not base the lrs-b off of that design? If it really is that big then it can hold quite a bit of firepower.
edit on 11-6-2014 by boomer135 because: damn autocorrect

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
Yeah but why have a rq-180 the size of a B-2 and not base the lrs-b off of that design? If it really is that big then it can hold quite a bit of firepower.

Firepower+ lots of fuel for long loiter times? Has it been mentioned what this "new engine tech" is yet? (Not sure if i have missed it?) is it jet orientated? or something newer like scram/PDE?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

Or it could hold, oh, I don't know, a JSTARS type system (but in an LPI manner ala B-2B upgraded radars, and an EODAS type system to act as some type of 'bang for your buck ' totally passive AWACS.

Two for the price of one type of deal?

Need those big long wings and power plants to lift it up to say, 80,000 feet. or there about. Ohhh.....wait a minute...
edit on 11-6-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Nobody know realy the shape of the RQ-180 the shape can be different than a B-2, may be the size but surely not the same shape, its Aviation week who describe the shape not Northrop in my opinion RQ-180 will be something realy new with new capacity something more capable than the U2 or Global Hawk. What is realy interesting its the both projects LRS-B + RQ-180 it will be interesting to compare each other shape and capacitywhen they will be in the grey or white. BASSPLYR do you think we will see the "famous" propulsion in the white or will it stay for long -long time in black ?
edit on 11-6-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
Or it could hold, oh, I don't know, a JSTARS type system (but in an LPI manner ala B-2B upgraded radars, and an EODAS type system to act as some type of 'bang for your buck ' totally passive AWACS.

Two for the price of one type of deal?

Need those big long wings and power plants to lift it up to say, 80,000 feet. or there about. Ohhh.....wait a minute...

Hmm.....this sounds somewhat like the mission of a naval fleet group against say a hypothetical coastal adversary which has increasingly significant capabilities against conventional surface ships.

In modern warfare, surface ships will be targets more than capabilities.

And what if there were, uh, air-ships which were aircraft carriers?

edit on 11-6-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: BASSPLYR

Because that would be like killing a cockroach in your bathroom by blowing your house apart.

On the other hand, if roaches were smart enough to recognize 'deterrence'.....

Another question, B. Would we stand a chance against Klingons?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Well, if that's the case, this might be a bit of a cover operation. People might see one of the new birds, the write it off as just having seen a B-2.

US sends B-2s to Europe

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
Nobody know realy the shape of the RQ-180 the shape can be different than a B-2, may be the size but surely not the same shape, its Aviation week who describe the shape not Northrop in my opinion RQ-180 will be something realy new with new capacity something more capable than the U2 or Global Hawk. What is realy interesting its the both projects LRS-B + RQ-180 it will be interesting to compare each other shape and capacitywhen they will be in the grey or white. BASSPLYR do you think we will see the "famous" propulsion in the white or will it stay for long -long time in black ?

I can almost guarantee its a flying wing aircraft like the B-2. And its air refuelable.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: solidshot

You haven't missed it. Nothing has been said about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, scientists devised away to put a GMTI radar into the load bearing structure of a long slender UAV wing...then they went one step further and X-band was toyed with.

LOBSTAR - XTRA.

For the anticipated thin highly swept wing of the sensorcraft design.

edit on 11-6-2014 by Astr0 because: Removed a naughty word

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

NO I don't think we will see this "famous" propulsion system anytime soon. But that is a question for folks here who actually know a whole lot about this sort of stuff not me.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join