It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B (new stealth bomber) speculation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Thanks, I see it now. Yes, it sure looks like another large hanger going in.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
New thread regarding the Groom Lake hanger here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This hanger may be to house a number of LSR-B's. It should have the volume for it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

This hanger may be to house a number of LSR-B's. It should have the volume for it.

Too small. It'll be used for something unmanned or an F-117 replacement..

The LRS-B [or variant] has flown out of the large hangar already existing at the south end of the base... And I believe the 'SR-72' is housed in the double-ended long hangar in the center of the base, between the hangars and the runways.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1

The LRS-B [or variant] has flown out of the large hangar already existing at the south end of the base... And I believe the 'SR-72' is housed in the double-ended long hangar in the center of the base, between the hangars and the runways.

Where'd this info come from? You racing rc cars out at groom again? Lol jk

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You aren't referring to Machrihanish are you? That airport was sold to a private group that was to develop it for the local community back in 2012. So I assume a different airbase?

originally posted by: boomer135
He must be driving or sleeping or playing with his dog that doesn't like me or something...

A buddy of mine at Edwards has confirmed that the northrop lrs-b demonstrator has been grounded for the time being pending an investigation into something. He couldn't say. On another note, and one that was also backed up by my boom buddy, is the LM bird has been flying from groom to a base in Scotland several times now.

Perhaps this LRS-B is a dual country effort with the UK to split the cost or something???

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJRichey
You aren't referring to Machrihanish are you? That airport was sold to a private group that was to develop it for the local community back in 2012. So I assume a different airbase?

He must be driving or sleeping or playing with his dog that doesn't like me or something...

A buddy of mine at Edwards has confirmed that the northrop lrs-b demonstrator has been grounded for the time being pending an investigation into something. He couldn't say. On another note, and one that was also backed up by my boom buddy, is the LM bird has been flying from groom to a base in Scotland several times now.

Perhaps this LRS-B is a dual country effort with the UK to split the cost or something???

He just said a base in Scotland. Didn't say which one

Oh and his dog is mean too
edit on 13-6-2014 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
"" William LaPlante, assistant Air Force secretary for acquisition, said the request for proposals for the long-range strike bomber will come in a matter of days. (Staff Sgt. Carlin Lesl / Air Force)""
Soon some news about the new bomber
And 2015 for the choice of the company not so long

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Link to press release:

www.militarytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Haha, that'd be a trip... but way too damn hot for my sweaty-ass!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Haha, that'd be a trip... but way too damn hot for my sweaty-ass!

Lol I was gonna post that most recent pic of you on Facebook but I figured you would have retaliated. Lmao

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If I was to scry really hard into my crystal ball, My $50 bet would then fall upon the following.

Lockheed Martin / Boeing team to cream it for the win.

Twin power plant effort, slightly smaller at two thirds a B-2B bomber, but with massively improved aggressive signature management that will take it across the winning line.

Inlets will make people look at it and go 'WTF is that?!?', exhausts, ditto. A whole heap of the X-36 / BOP work will go into the design, reducing and /or near eliminating moving surfaces in a combat environment.

Lockheed will stump up the EODAS and F-35 style skins.

Smaller, stealthier, and comes in on costs or just under for a massive buy by the USAF.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
If I was to scry really hard into my crystal ball, My $50 bet would then fall upon the following.

Lockheed Martin / Boeing team to cream it for the win.

Twin power plant effort, slightly smaller at two thirds a B-2B bomber, but with massively improved aggressive signature management that will take it across the winning line.

Inlets will make people look at it and go 'WTF is that?!?', exhausts, ditto. A whole heap of the X-36 / BOP work will go into the design, reducing and /or near eliminating moving surfaces in a combat environment.

Lockheed will stump up the EODAS and F-35 style skins.

Smaller, stealthier, and comes in on costs or just under for a massive buy by the USAF.

Considering NG's bird is grounded for some reason and the LM/Boeing bird is test flying at the moment I'll agree to that. Lol

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

They ran into a failure that led to a real changing the flightsuit and underwear moment.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The NG bird is just fine...now...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

From what I heard it's a problem they ran into before and thought they fixed, but it didn't work out that way.

Not sure exactly what it was though. Just that it scared the hell out of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Asymmetric issues on a platform such as that can be somewhat....entertaining....

edit on 15-6-2014 by EBJet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

Yeah I can imagine. I bet they made up a few new words that day.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
And reused some of the old favorites...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

You should become a fortune teller astro

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135
It mean that the competition is in rage in the black world ? the Boeing/LM with a mix of the 2 company must be realy a awesome plane

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join