It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG I'm love with a pistol! the Cabot American Joe !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
We may disagree but at least we aren't British.

It's ok to agree to disagree it keeps the mind sharp. I appreciate your honest kander without being contentious. It is a pleasure. Now lets talk caliber

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

your wife is not only going to be jealous when she hears of your flirty love affair she is also going to be pissed because this is one high dollar whore!

lol

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

When my wife read my posts she elbowed me in the ribs and shorted,
"Keep dreaming buddy"

Then came the jokes about Lindsay Lohan and restraining orders. and how she probably gets a bulk discount for filing 500 names at once.

As for the guns... she just rolled her eyes at me--- I have to take that as a--- 'Not in this lifetime'--- kind of answer

edit on 28-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

i feel no shame in saying i'm a patriot....i love my country, and what it used to stand for...

what i don't like is the whole "murrica" phenomenon...it's hard to put to words, so know that i'm trying my best...i can really only describe it as mindless ignorance...blind, uninformed nationalism..."America", what we love, is the civilized nation of the united states...it's respectable... "murrica", on the other hand, is basically every ignorant redneck stereotype you can think of....that's why i hate it..

you can love your country, and support her, WITHOUT putting the flag on everything....i respect the flag, i don't use it for clothing, or as decoration on my coffee mug, or mousepad...it's the symbol of our nation, not a goddamn brand name, or gimmick...

oh, domo...my answer is pretty much the same as marlin here....i'd still have the 1911, because even if it failed, i could still beat the other guy to death with it...
edit on 5-28-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Why do you think a 1911 is safer? Because it has a passive safety mechanism that renders the thing inoperable if you can't squeeze the grip hard enough? Because it has a thumb safety? Those things fail, 1911's fail. You know about the eraser trick right? Don't have to worry with a Glock.

the grip safety isn't hard to activate....it just requires that you be holding the gun properly....it's not like you even have to exert any extra or special pressure to activate it.

the 1911 has TWO safeties on it.....the glock has none. i don't trust any gun that doesn't have SOME kind of safety on it..

I've never heard the argument that Glocks have better ergonomics from a 1911 guy (this is a first, MAYBE the Browning guys). They might, but that's a pretty big thing to give up in an argument for the 1911. The polymer thing is ridiculous. What's wrong with polymer? The plastic argument? It could melt? How often are guns put in extreme heat to the point that they can melt? It's not a valid concern. Yes, if we wanted to test how much of the FRAME would be leftover after baking, the 1911 would win. Neither is going to work if we expose them to enough heat that the Glock melts.

who made the argument that they're more ergonomic? i sure didn't. i simply said they're ergonomically shaped....that doesn't mean they're MORE ergo than anything else, or that i in any way think they're more comfortable. so i didn't give anything up...and i wasn't knocking polymers either....i happen to be a fan of the H&K USP, and Mk23 which also have polymer frames....so i'm not downing polymer, i was just pointing out how it's one of those future things...i like polymer just fine, i just don't like glocks.

ETA: if i absolutely HAD to carry a 9mm, as in, it was my ONLY choice, i'd take an M9 over a glock, in a beat...
edit on 5-28-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

ROFL!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

i feel no shame in saying i'm a patriot....i love my country, and what it used to stand for...

what i don't like is the whole "murrica" phenomenon...it's hard to put to words, so know that i'm trying my best...i can really only describe it as mindless ignorance...blind, uninformed nationalism..."America", what we love, is the civilized nation of the united states...it's respectable... "murrica", on the other hand, is basically every ignorant redneck stereotype you can think of....that's why i hate it..

you can love your country, and support her, WITHOUT putting the flag on everything....i respect the flag, i don't use it for clothing, or as decoration on my coffee mug, or mousepad...it's the symbol of our nation, not a goddamn brand name, or gimmick...

Guess that means you're not coming over for coffee on vets day, memorial day, or the 4th, we have the typical southern front porch, it is all laid out in red white and blue. But hey thats ok it's a matter of taste. Glad to see you're a patriot and love the US. Seems like there are few of us lately. Specially in Government. and BTW the 1911 has 3 you forgot the disconnector, if you push the slide to the rear the disconnector disengages the sear. And you can make that 4 on the late model colt A model 1911 it has an additional firing pin block so it can't go off when dropped. The block makes it impossible to get a good trigger as well. Gotta love those lawyers.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

that kind of decoration is one thing...i'm just saying the flag isn't a gimmick that one plaster all over everything...s'all i'm saying...

and i didn't feel the need to mention the disconnector, or block, because those aren't really things you can see on the outside of the gun...figured i'd stick with basics..

anyway..i can't think of a time in my lifetime where there were any real patriots in our government....it's been corrupt as s**t since the day i was born, and it's only getting worse.

so are we cool now?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

that kind of decoration is one thing...i'm just saying the flag isn't a gimmick that one plaster all over everything...s'all i'm saying...

and i didn't feel the need to mention the disconnector, or block, because those aren't really things you can see on the outside of the gun...figured i'd stick with basics..

anyway..i can't think of a time in my lifetime where there were any real patriots in our government....it's been corrupt as s**t since the day i was born, and it's only getting worse.

so are we cool now?

Very cool...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Guns are for pansies! !

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: meowningstar
Guns are for pansies! !

Don't be silly---Pansies don't need guns.

Bunny rabbits and deer need guns... give them a fighting chance during hunting season!

Of course Civilized men need them too--- how else do you think we managed to fight off oppressors long enough to become civilized?

Surely you don't believe those bad people all just decided ESPN sports center was way preferable to world domination and conquest, do you?
edit on 29-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Guns are for pansies! !

You are so right........

I need Machine Guns

BTW..... you going to the gathering of the blathering? There will be a lot of us pansies attending...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

What's the saying ' a gun is an extension of a mans penis? '

Sorry i'm just stirring things up here a little , its what I do best

But seriously what is the fascination with guns from my cousins across the pond?
Its the 21st century and you guys still think its the wild west!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

But seriously what is the fascination with guns from my cousins across the pond?

Maybe for machine guns with 30 round clips.

Exhilarating for 10 seconds and then your clips dry.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: meowningstar

why do you like the things you like?

what do you like?, and that's a serious question.....do you like sport? perhaps a bit of drink? or maybe art, or books, or cars, or robots? do you have any hobbies?

it might seem off topic, but there's a point to be made, and if you answer the questions i have asked, i can make that point.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Without mentioning my hobbies, I would like to state that not one of them could kill me or someone else with an itchy finger
No , I have never fired a gun and wish I never have too.
Do you not think this great 'hobby' which your nation thrives on creates far greater risks that outweighs its benefits?
If you have children would you like to see him/her be shot because , lets say they're bullying someone at school and the person receiving the bullying can easily obtain a gun?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: meowningstar

so...rather than answering the question, so we can have an intelligent discussion, you'd rather jump straight to hyperbole, assumptions, and appeals to emotion...that's fine. i can see you are incapable of anything other than knee-jerk reactions, and don't wish to actually understand anything, you just want to insult people..

please don't bother replying to this post, we have nothing more to say to one another. have a nice day.
edit on 5-29-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So you made made this observation yourself?

I Wouldn't expect anything less from a sh*t pot, stir away.

And it's obvious you're conditioned to Royal oppression, and remain jealous since having your hat handed to you in the revolution. You should really let it go at this point. It must have been embarrassing to have a bunch of farmers armed with little defeat the British army across the pond. The founders learned from the oppression of the King and created this little document called the constitution to protect us from what you are now conditioned to tolerate.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Daedalus

Without mentioning my hobbies, I would like to state that not one of them could kill me or someone else with an itchy finger
No , I have never fired a gun and wish I never have too.
Do you not think this great 'hobby' which your nation thrives on creates far greater risks that outweighs its benefits?
If you have children would you like to see him/her be shot because , lets say they're bullying someone at school and the person receiving the bullying can easily obtain a gun?

Smoking is the primary cause of preventable illness and premature death, accounting for
approximately 100,000 deaths a year in the United Kingdom. Source Thats 3 times what guns kill in this country you should be worried about cigs not guns. And tobacco stained fingers not itchy fingers.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Hahaha do you really know that little about American history? Well what little their is of it!

Do you know of the Franco- American seige of yorktown?

And what impact that had on the British?
Shall we talk about the spanish and dutch involvement too?
For you to say ' bunch of farmers armed with little' shows how arrogant you are with your views!
Of course I know why you love guns! To compensate for your very insignificant existence
Ill have a cheese burger please , hold the relish!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join