It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG I'm love with a pistol! the Cabot American Joe !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: meowningstar

I think it funny, personally.

Everyone and their cousin can rail all day long about Americans love affair with guns. Hurl insults all day long.

The "gun" culture, the obsession with guns is not about guns.

It's about freedom.

Now we can debate all day long about the varying degrees or personal definitions of freedom.

But it is the common mans obsession with freedom and personal responsibility (that many manifest as gun obsession) that we are dealing with.

So laugh.
Poke fun.

(it's okay. really)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah but it has to do with the Dakka as well...admit it just a little bit.

I can see the fun in it also and Iam a Brit

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

lolz

There are always a few.. . . . .

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yeah but why not take pride and interest in guns because they are a decent bit of kit from an engineering point of view and the craftsmanship makes some look like a work of art.
I used to be into archery another tool used to kill and hunt.
Different cultures and different hobbies. all cool

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Im afraid I don't need a gun to feel 'freedom'

Im sorry if im offending anyone and I understand my views will not change any of your views

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: meowningstar

Im afraid I don't need a gun to feel 'freedom'

Im sorry if im offending anyone and I understand my views will not change any of your views

You don't need a gun to feel freedom.

Everyone's definition of freedom is different. In US culture, freedom was won by the barrel of a gun. (that little dust up between the colonies and Crown)

You didn't offend me. You should always feel free to air your views.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
May I ask your personal definition of freedom?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

a reply to: MarlinGrace

Hahaha do you really know that little about American history? Well what little their is of it!

Do you know of the Franco- American seige of yorktown?

And what impact that had on the British?
Shall we talk about the spanish and dutch involvement too?
For you to say ' bunch of farmers armed with little' shows how arrogant you are with your views!
Of course I know why you love guns! To compensate for your very insignificant existence
Ill have a cheese burger please , hold the relish!

Yeah I would say I know a little, I live minutes from Yorktown. You know right there where Lord Cornwallace surrendered to French & American forces. You shouldn't have picked Yorktown, I have driven right by that little cave they found him hiding in scared sh*tless several times. I would say Lord Cornwallace typifies the attitude of the brits all bluster and no balls. He didn't even surrender honorably by British standards.

So yeah we can talk any involvement you want including German Hessians, and Native American Indians.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So your farmers now have assistance from the french eh. You Soon changed your tone when I mentioned that.
Youve basically bigged your great superior farmers up, hiding the fact that they had assistance from three other nations
Your nation would probably not have won the war with out the arms and supplies which those countries provided!
One British army officers actions donot emphasis the attitude of the British people
By the way its 'Cornwallis' not 'Cornwallace'

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

May I ask your personal definition of freedom?

My own interpretation?

To be free to have the responsibility to protect myself. To be responsible for myself.

To not have a government dictate what I think, say, eat, drink, smoke, work.

To wake up every morning at not just see a dawn, but a new day filled with oppourtunity to do what I want, when I want, and how I want.

To exercise personal responsibility in choosing how I live my life.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
And do you feel free in your country at this very moment? a reply to: beezzer

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

And do you feel free in your country at this very moment? a reply to: beezzer

No.
(short answer, but close enough to the truth,)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Thanks for the honest answer I totally agree with you

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

So your farmers now have assistance from the french eh. You Soon changed your tone when I mentioned that.
Youve basically bigged your great superior farmers up, hiding the fact that they had assistance from three other nations
Your nation would probably not have won the war with out the arms and supplies which those countries provided!
One British army officers actions donot emphasis the attitude of the British people
By the way its 'Cornwallis' not 'Cornwallace'

So you're saying you didn't need the Hessians, or the indians?

But the fact is we still won the war. Apparently the British are still whining about it. And I am sure the misspelling of cornholio won't change his surrender, which pretty much sinched the victory for America.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
At any point have I said that we didnt need the germans help?

Haha im not whining about the war of independence, its seems you are, the only thing the British whine about is getting dragged into all these wars which the USA start and cannot finish!

And you didnt win any war your ancestors did so please dont use 'we' as though you were there, unless you can time travel but lets save that for a different thread

ok ok the war of independence is over do you still need guns? I dont think so.. unless thy neighbour is your enemy? Shouldnt you be tending your crops farmer?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: meowningstar

You do know the USA still have wild animals that can eat you don't you? we have annoyed badgers sometimes.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

At any point have I said that we didnt need the germans help?

You are the one that said we needed the help of the French to win, while ignoring the fact you had help as well. Making an excuse for your loss.

Haha im not whining about the war of independence, its seems you are, the only thing the British whine about is getting dragged into all these wars which the USA start and cannot finish!

The winner never needs to whine, losers are the only whiners. It's ok if you want to change the subject to other wars you have joined willingly, changing the subject shows once again you are losing. Thank God you dragged the US into WWII or you would be typing this in German.

And you didnt win any war your ancestors did so please dont use 'we' as though you were there, unless you can time travel but lets save that for a different thread

Of course not, but my ancestors make my life possible today with a victory over the British at the cost of many lives. Thats how important it was then and how much I appreciate their sacrifice now.

ok ok the war of independence is over do you still need guns? I dont think so.. unless thy neighbour is your enemy? Shouldnt you be tending your crops farmer?

The war is over because we didn't want the oppression you live under. My neighbors? They all have guns as well.
Farming is an honorable profession how much of the world does your little island feed?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I know you didn't start it but blimey why does it always have to end up US v UK that was hundreds of years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I know you didn't start it but blimey why does it always have to end up US v UK that was hundreds of years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Give him a good old fashioned drive by argument BoyMonkey! That'll show him, wot.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
As per the OP, that is a rather lovely piece of engineering, perhaps only made more beautiful with the Union Flag of Britain on one side and 'Y Ddraig Goch' 'The Red Dragon' flag of Wales on the other

I can totally understand people admiring any brilliantly crafted mechanical thing, from engines, motorbikes, tools and cars, to guns. I love my old Barnet Commando crossbow , love using it, maintaining and polishing it, but it is no obsession, just a pastime, and it certainly doesn't make me want to suddenly injure or kill anyone.

As a Brit, I wish more people could easily distinguish between people who like guns and 'gun nuts'
I've only fired and cleaned/assembled the old Lee Enfield.303 rifle as a Sea Cadet, then the L85 SA80 as a Royal Navy Reservist. I loved using both of them, really loved it, but enjoying a piece of machinery is a far stretch from being 'nuts' about it.

Let's give our US friends a break dropping the sensationalism and emotion of words like 'obsession' or 'nuts' - I see no difference between the OP really wanting that gun to a mate of mine who enjoys bike engines and can't wait to get his hands on some obscure vintage part or whatever.
Gun ownership/interest does NOT equal some flaw in a persons psyche. I wish people stopped trying to perpetuate that stereotype.
edit on 30-5-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join