It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG I'm love with a pistol! the Cabot American Joe !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
good lord, those things are gaudy....i wouldn't be caught dead with with 'em....

they just SCREAM "Murrica"..screw that...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
good lord, those things are gaudy....i wouldn't be caught dead with with 'em....

they just SCREAM "Murrica"..screw that...

Yeah ain't it great, screaming America from the roof tops. I am glad you don't want any, we only want people that deserve them anyway. Fine hand crafted American made firearms, where the 2nd amendment says I can have as many as I want, maybe two pair. I wouldn't be caught dead with the either, I am a pretty fair shot. Maybe you would rather have a Russian Markorov, fine hand crafted stamped steel only the best for our commie friends.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: HardCorps

In that pic looks like a black eye demon...

If you are going to mentally cheat your wife there are plenty better to chose from, all i'm saying

Lol. Great minds...

That's exactly what I thought "one of those black eyed children..."
Creepayy.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Any gun with an American flag on it is a gun I like.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

lol. Cool story bro. jk. super americanu is awesome.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Not at all to my taste.

I think ugly is pretty when it comes to guns. If I won one of those in a raffle I would promptly sell it.

This is a beautiful gun:

No doubt it's a solid gun OP. And to each his own.

If I wanted to spend that much on a gun I would want it to be personalized, a one of a kind.

edit on 2820140520141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

oh, shove it.

i like guns just fine...i just don't like ugly ones...though, i suppose in a pinch, they'll take out an intruder just as well as my custom short 1911....

i just think they look friggin ugly, that's all...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

definitely different taste, lol.

i personally think glocks are awful.....sure, polymers, and ergonomics, and all that future crap aside...gimmie a regular 1911 any day....i can't think of a safer pistol to operate....

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Different tastes, to each his own.

Why do you think a 1911 is safer? Because it has a passive safety mechanism that renders the thing inoperable if you can't squeeze the grip hard enough? Because it has a thumb safety? Those things fail, 1911's fail. You know about the eraser trick right? Don't have to worry with a Glock.

I've never heard the argument that Glocks have better ergonomics from a 1911 guy (this is a first, MAYBE the Browning guys). They might, but that's a pretty big thing to give up in an argument for the 1911. The polymer thing is ridiculous. What's wrong with polymer? The plastic argument? It could melt? How often are guns put in extreme heat to the point that they can melt? It's not a valid concern. Yes, if we wanted to test how much of the FRAME would be leftover after baking, the 1911 would win. Neither is going to work if we expose them to enough heat that the Glock melts.

Glocks are lighter, easier to shoot, simpler to repair, FAR cheaper when compared to something that can shoot groups a TINY bit closer (You pay $2,000 more for measurements you're incapable of).

Honest question now. You are locked in a room. You have to pick up a gun to defend yourself. There is a guy in another room that's coming at you with a knife, and he's going to try to kill you the second you choose a gun. There are five guns on the table, each one has been shot 10,000 times with no cleaning. They are all full size. There is a 1911 (good one, so $2k), A Sig, a Springfield XD, a S&W MP and a Glock, whatever caliber you want. Tell the truth. Which would you pick up if the rest vanished the second a crazed guy burst into the room with a knife?

I would go Glock, Sig, chair leg.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Daedalus

Different tastes, to each his own.

Why do you think a 1911 is safer? Because it has a passive safety mechanism that renders the thing inoperable if you can't squeeze the grip hard enough? Because it has a thumb safety? Those things fail, 1911's fail. You know about the eraser trick right? Don't have to worry with a Glock.

I've never heard the argument that Glocks have better ergonomics from a 1911 guy (this is a first, MAYBE the Browning guys). They might, but that's a pretty big thing to give up in an argument for the 1911. The polymer thing is ridiculous. What's wrong with polymer? The plastic argument? It could melt? How often are guns put in extreme heat to the point that they can melt? It's not a valid concern. Yes, if we wanted to test how much of the FRAME would be leftover after baking, the 1911 would win. Neither is going to work if we expose them to enough heat that the Glock melts.

Glocks are lighter, easier to shoot, simpler to repair, FAR cheaper when compared to something that can shoot groups a TINY bit closer (You pay $2,000 more for measurements you're incapable of).

Honest question now. You are locked in a room. You have to pick up a gun to defend yourself. There is a guy in another room that's coming at you with a knife, and he's going to try to kill you the second you choose a gun. There are five guns on the table, each one has been shot 10,000 times with no cleaning. They are all full size. There is a 1911 (good one, so $2k), A Sig, a Springfield XD, a S&W MP and a Glock, whatever caliber you want. Tell the truth. Which would you pick up if the rest vanished the second a crazed guy burst into the room with a knife?

I would go Glock, Sig, chair leg.

The reason I prefer a 1911 over a glock is the grip angle, when you bring the gun up to eye level the 1911 has a natural sight picture, no adjustment necessary. The Sig carry's the same grip angle, I never felt that comfortable with the glock every time I brought one up I would have to adjust to get the proper sight picture. This in no way means anything is wrong with the Glock in fact they have been proven to be incredibly reliable, easy to shoot, and very lawyer friendly. The 1911 is what I was trained on to shoot IPSC and never looked back, I have owned P220's and P226's and a half dozen or so 1911's and I always come back to those before anything else.

In shear speed in draw time from the surrender position to first shot and reloading they are hard to beat. In your scenario which is a good one btw I would still pick up the 1911 because if it misfired or jammed it makes a better club because of weight.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

oh, shove it.

i like guns just fine...i just don't like ugly ones...though, i suppose in a pinch, they'll take out an intruder just as well as my custom short 1911....

i just think they look friggin ugly, that's all...

All guns are a matter of personal preference, looks, function, reliability, what you trust your life to. I just take issue with the "Murrica screw that" comment. I am pretty much a flag waver.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Again, to each his own.

I'm not quite getting it, are you saying a Sig (like the 226) has the same grip angle as as a 1911? Sigs irritate me because they have a higher front post than any other gun I have ever shot. Again, different people. Grip angle has always seemed completely different.

You're the expert. I wasn't asking which gun you could use to beat someone with, I was asking which gun you would trust, if you had to after 10,000 rounds. So you have one chance, it relies on which gun you choose. It has to go bang. Would you really choose the 1911? One chance. 10,000 each without a single cleaning. Why choose the wet gun?

ETA: Also I like you, you get stars. It's fun to be able to talk with someone you disagree with that isn't an ass.
edit on 2820140520141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: TDawgRex
I looked at that list and realized that something was wrong with it. BEER! Y'all forgot the BEER!

If you're going to mix alcohol and guns, you might as well do it right. Drink some strong everclear or something.

The beer is for after the range where everybody is arguing over who out shot who.
I never advocate drinking and shooting though. Always shooting, THEN drinking.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I am not a fan of Glocks and rather than explain that I'll show you all a picture of why

Honestly, years ago when I was working for ICE and I was issued a sidearm. I was given a choice between a SIG and a Glock. For no other reason than the SIG fit my hand better I went with the SIG and it's still my choice of daily carry.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I hear that glocks suffer "barrel flex" when the slide kicks back to eject shell/load round, which can cause problems after a number of rounds.

at least thats what my bodyguard buddy told me. I think he uses a sig.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
To all you naysayers --- Look guns, girls and art are a personal emotional kind of deal.

Yes I love these pistols... That doesn't mean I'm going to start saving my pennies to buy the pair. Though I might buy a ticket if anyone ever tried to raffle off a set.

Still I like them, the way the look, kind of fits my personality too.
I may never be able to afford them but I wouldn't mind having a poster of these jewels hanging in my workshop.

it can hang next to a poster of something else I'll never own... a classic 429 mustang

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

As I've said in other places.
I was issued a M9 in the corps... never really liked it.

after I got out I went to work for ICE and there
I was issued a 229 SIG and bought a 226 as my personal carry. the SIG's I like, a lot!

They are my tools, I've trained with them, trust them, they have become an extension of my arm.
I may have felt the same way if I'd been issued and trained with any other good quality firearm.

To me at least the SIG became something like a favorite old hammer... the one I reach for when I've some serious work to do... Yes I still like flashy toys like this pair of 1911's... but I would never see those as a working mans gun.

edit on 28-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
I hear that glocks suffer "barrel flex" when the slide kicks back to eject shell/load round, which can cause problems after a number of rounds.

at least thats what my bodyguard buddy told me. I think he uses a sig.

I couldn't say if that's true or not?
but I will say all the big boys carry SIG's
FBI, BATF, ICE, NIS, Secret Service all carry SIG 228's in 9mm or 229's .40
Even the Texas Rangers carry a 229 in .357 SIG as their issue

Oddly enough I got a buddy who works for the National park service and he was issued a 9mm H&K P7M13 ? But we don't talk about him much, winkz...

So yeah the G19 might be popular with the local cops---mostly because they get them at a deep discount when ordered in bulk... But the big boys, like HRT they all carry SIG's

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Again, to each his own.

I'm not quite getting it, are you saying a Sig (like the 226) has the same grip angle as as a 1911? Sigs irritate me because they have a higher front post than any other gun I have ever shot. Again, different people. Grip angle has always seemed completely different.

You're the expert. I wasn't asking which gun you could use to beat someone with, I was asking which gun you would trust, if you had to after 10,000 rounds. So you have one chance, it relies on which gun you choose. It has to go bang. Would you really choose the 1911? One chance. 10,000 each without a single cleaning. Why choose the wet gun?

ETA: Also I like you, you get stars. It's fun to be able to talk with someone you disagree with that isn't an ass.

Thanks, I wouldn't say I am an expert but I have many thousands of rounds through a 1911.

The grip angle is the angle between C/L of the barrel and the C/L of the grip it is my understanding when John Browning created the the 1911 he spent some serious time trying to decide the proper grip angle so that when you bring the gun up your natural hold would put the sight plane with your vision. Now I know for a fact you can be trained through muscle memory to shoot anything with any grip angle through practice. But I was brought up on the 1911. It think it's a ford or Chevy thing.

10,000 rounds? It would have to be a 1911 I am most comfortable with them. I never let em go that long before cleaning though. I used to shoot 2K a week and thats the longest I would let one go without cleaning and that was just because of time. Work all week and load, clean and shoot on the weekends.

But a glock is a very fine firearm, you know they are good when the military has relied on them, and well as local LEO's. If I had to carry one everyday I might consider one, carrying a gun is a pain. Small and light makes a difference in carry.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
We may disagree but at least we aren't British.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join